Tampa Bay defeat NY Islanders 4-2 to advance to the Stanley Cup Final

LetsGoIslanders

Mar 6, 2005
NYC
No but Vasi was great tonight. 1st goal a little weak but stopped a clear breakaway in OT and was super steady the whole night.

He might as well have flipped the puck on edge and tried knuckling it from the top of the circle. What makes you think taking a shot short side when the G clearly has the post? I was not thrilled with that effort. He had space to deke, hold on to it, anything but a short side shot.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
He might as well have flipped the puck on edge and tried knuckling it from the top of the circle. What makes you think taking a shot short side when the G clearly has the post? I was not thrilled with that effort. He had space to deke, hold on to it, anything but a short side shot.

Lots of guys miss OT breakaways in the Playoffs that they would easily convert in the regular season. Stakes are high, grips are too tight.

GrandmaSlices51631

Dec 12, 2013
Long Beach
Yes. It is time for Lou to put that GM of the Year trophy to work. Massive offseason upcoming for the Islanders.

Needs to trim a little fat. A lot does depend on Barzal taking the next step, we can't just hope to get another franchise player. The good news is we have two bluechip prospects coming in , Dobson & Sorokin on ELC's. Dobson at 20 years old, looked solid tonight after not seeing NHL action since covid.

Reactions: Islander Class

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
The Islanders put up one of the best fights I ever seen. I gained for respect for the team and organization. But I find what worked is letting Trotz have his way, what Washington wouldn't give him. Islanders better never let go of Trotz.

Although, the playoffs have been so painful to watch. Just the same thing over and over again, and not just in this series.

Pure Slaughter Value

Jun 6, 2002
New York
Visit site
Needs to trim a little fat. A lot does depend on Barzal taking the next step, we can't just hope to get another franchise player. The good news is we have two bluechip prospects coming in , Dobson & Sorokin on ELC's. Dobson at 20 years old, looked solid tonight after not seeing NHL action since covid.
Dobson looked great for his first game in the po's. Very composed.

Dunno what Lou's going to do and I don't care. This team goes by what Trotz says and does.

Though I would like a scoring wing gift-wrapped (or at least one of Bellows or Wahlstrom getting some time in whatever preseason there is...).

flying squirrel

Feb 11, 2019
Great series and ya gotta gritty bunch Isles, was a tough series.
Lightning have won 12 now and need 4 more wins to reach their goal "The Stanley Cup"

Brobust

Sep 29, 2017
Isles fans are at the peak of the world's tallest roller coaster and the car has just now started to roll forward.

Reactions: Merrrlin

KuchieKooRov

Aug 13, 2020
Great series Isles fans. Gonna miss some of you, and yiur team was a tough out. I'm hoping you didn't beat us up too bad that we fold to Dallas. Anyways see ya next season.

Reactions: Cygnusx1018

Merrrlin

Grab the 9 iron, Barry!
Jul 2, 2019
Hedman with more goals than any Islander in the playoffs? That can't be true, can it?

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00