Tampa Bay defeat NY Islanders 4-2 to advance to the Stanley Cup Final

TropicalFruitGirl2

A Peachy Hockey Gal!
Feb 23, 2013
Minneapolis-St. Paul, MN
You know, I talked a lot of stuff about Matt Martin (and I don't apologize for that), because as a fan, that is my right to cheer my heroes and boo those dastardly villains....always will be that way! As it should be!

But I am posting this here to say that although Matt Martin may be a knuckle dragging Cro Magnon ON the ice and during a game (see told ya!), I will give him full marks as a human being and I bet he is a fantastic person off of it.

The way I saw him sincerely congratulate not only a guy he traded blows with (Luke Schenn), but also some of the younger TB players IS worthy of mention because it is about as classy as a player can be in the face of a tough series loss.

Sometimes I feel like hockey is alot like pro wrestling...the biggest maniacs out there for the sake of the sport, are the nicest, complete humans away from it.

Congrats to my Bolts, but the Islanders made them earn it, and props once again to Matt Martin the way he handled defeat and looked to even encourage the young Lightning players.

Milan Lucic at the handshake line, Martin certainly is NOT! :thumbu:

Last edited:

Tryamw

Loyal Fan of Jerks
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2016
Durham
Congrats the Bolts and their fans. Also congrats to the Islanders for never giving up and putting up a great fight and to their fanbase, it will be fun in the Metro division for years to come.
I'll echo the first and second thoughts but I can do without the third :P I don't want fun in the Metro I want to get to the playoffs for more years in a row..

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
I couldn't emphasize enough how much I respect this Islanders team. I predicted before the series these were our toughest opponents so far... And you proved me right guys. The last 2 games were "unwatchable" to be honest. Good luck to you for the future.

Merrrlin

Grab the 9 iron, Barry!
Jul 2, 2019
Conn Smythe candidates from the east gotta be Point and Hedman, right?

I would say Vasi but he wasn't really test this series.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
Conn Smythe candidates from the east gotta be Point and Hedman, right?

I would say Vasi but he wasn't really test this series.

No but Vasi was great tonight. 1st goal a little weak but stopped a clear breakaway in OT and was super steady the whole night.

Krewe

Mar 12, 2019
Isles with the negative PDO in this series - spooky stuff.
PDO isn’t a great metric for playoff series due to sample size and the fact that generally one team outplays the other for ~2/3 of the games. Tampa’s PDO the past two games is likely not very good either once Varly went super Saiyan

Merrrlin

Grab the 9 iron, Barry!
Jul 2, 2019
PDO isn’t a great metric for playoff series due to sample size and the fact that generally one team outplays the other for ~2/3 of the games. Tampa’s PDO the past two games is likely not very good either once Varly went super Saiyan

Ya it's a dumb joke that flies around about the Isles.

Fatty McLardy

Oct 6, 2017
After game 2 i thought this series was gonna be over in 5 but the Isles showed some resiliency, especially those clutch PK kills the last two games, would have loved to see game 7.

In any case, Congrats to Lightning, this is gonna be a great final. Two highly skilled offensively team with mobile defense.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00