Post-Game Talk: Talbezina

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
No points for Getzlaf tonight gives him a career-long pointless streak (7 games).

giphy.gif

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
Yeah that shorty was a huge goal. Nuge was a beauty on that play, just BARELY losing the puck, but Kyle made no mistake. Huge goal and we didn't look back.

Pulju with some nice hands on his goal, too. Maybe we should try him in front of the net on the PP. He looks pretty good there.

We need to brand it into his brain that he needs to always go to the net and into the corners. When he's at his worst he's circling around waiting for something to come to him. Sit that boy down and show him clips of Ryan Smyth and Glen Anderson.

Reactions: KarmaPolice

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
But its a small players game now...heh.

I wish Lucic would do more of that. I know several people said that. But that's a train coming. Maybe he read the comments on here today.

I can't imagine if felt too good being lined up like that lol how the Duck tried to give back on that one. Nah, you're destroyed, you lose in physics.

Lucic actually played well tonight.

He's among the lead leaders in hits, but it really goes unnoticed. He could put a lot more mustard into most of his hits if he wanted to.

2 seasons ago a lot of people figured we were a team that wasn't to be screwed with, but I figure we've lost that image now despite having Lucic, Kassian, Nurse, Larson, Benning and Juju.

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
I guess I'll just come out now. I'm a member of the Edmonton Oilers and putting all that time and effort into GDTs gasses me out and contributes to fatigue, whereas I save a lot more energy from the no-effort GDTs. That's why we do so much better.

Happy now?

Happy and I completely agree. I can think of a much better way to use that extra energy, anyway. ;)

Reactions: ConnorMcMullet

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
I guess I'll just come out now. I'm a member of the Edmonton Oilers and putting all that time and effort into GDTs gasses me out and contributes to fatigue, whereas I save a lot more energy from the no-effort GDTs. That's why we do so much better.

Happy now?

Do you have a no trade clause? Cuz I'm thinking we should get you making GDT polls for Calgary before they make a joke out of the rest of the west.

Reactions: The Batman

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
Do you have a no trade clause? Cuz I'm thinking we should get you making GDT polls for Calgary before they make a joke out of the rest of the west.
Shame on you. Suggesting I should go play for the 'Lames?

I can't believe you'd say such a thing.

talitintti

Oct 13, 2018
Given the brutal stretch of hockey since Klefbom went down, it's an outright miracle that team could be in a playoff spot if they win tuesday.

Reactions: KarmaPolice

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo

That would be sick, lol. He'd have to go deep undercover and pretend to be a Flames fan, though. I imagine it would take a lot of money.

Maybe an 8m x 8 year contract with a NMC would get it done? Lock him up!

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
Given the brutal stretch of hockey since Klefbom went down, it's an outright miracle that team could be in a playoff spot if they win tuesday.

Having Russell back is a big boost, as even the 'Cock mentioned in his post game presser. If Klef could somehow make it back within the next two weeks that would be huge.

ZJuice

pickle juice connoisseur
May 17, 2010
Edmonton

Happy now?
Connor you fool. That moustache was never enough to disguise your identity

Reactions: McFuhryous

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
First time in a while I've seen Talbot continuelessly adjusting in net and squaring up. Too often he has ended up looking like Brossoit, and imitating a statue in net.

Talbot's actually had a decent stretch of time off and limited action, hopefully this will lead to him being more "sharp" and dialed in in the second half. Hitch's system is normally kind to its goalies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad