Post-Game Talk: Talbezina

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
630 post game show saying Klefbom will be back right after the all-star break, Stauffer believes there is a chance he could be back slightly before.

Before we get too excited though, their last game is the 22nd (they play 8 games between now and the 22nd) then they have 10 days off and don't play until February 2.

So best case scenario, a little over two weeks away and worst case scenario, just under a month but not for a lengthy lull in the schedule.

This team needs to find a way to play at least 4 games over .500 before the break. Then need a nice run after Klef is back.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
He was looking right at the play and decided it was within the rules.
There is no defending that. Embarrassing.

A player is going to get seriously injured one day, because the refs decide when to call a penalty or not. Its flat out comical that the ref is in plain sight of that and doesn't even raise his hand up. The NHL does such a poor job of protecting their own players that this kind of crap happens on a daily basis. Not just Connor, but guys like Gaudreau and Petersson as well. NHL officials are as bad as NBA officials and that says a lot considering NBA officials will call a technical for anything.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
we only just passed the halfway mark of the season. We are in range of playoffs. However, the tough times are not behind us. I don't expect this last win to mean that we will go 9-2-2 again. But, we will likely do a lot better than we did in our latest spiral, and so if we can be 4-5 ish points out of a spot by the time Klef and Sekera return I think we could go on a run and make it. Ultimately if our D is sound I think we should win enough games.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
Love the Puljujarvi and Brodziak goals.
Holy cow that set-up by Hopkins was so damn dirty and it was on the PK to boot.
I can't remember the last time I saw such a beautiful short-handed goal.
So sick!
I've watched it 20+ times already.

Reactions: KarmaPolice

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
EhvzyUe.gif

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
No points for Getzlaf tonight gives him a career-long pointless streak (7 games).

Yup, Ducks are set up to hurt for a while. Perry and Getslaf are clearly in the twilight of their careers. They've still got fight in them but their skills and bodies can't keep up as well as a few years ago. Add that and Kesler and Cogliano greatly losing their effectiveness and you've got a team in dire need of either a rebuild or some really lucking drafting.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
All Talbot all day. The reason the Oilers won the game. Ducks had it all over us early and Talbot held the fort and held them off the scoresheet. Wonder how much credit he was given tonight here.

Albeit the thread title is something..
If you bothered to read, rather than assuming.

Talbot got most, if not all of the credit tonight in the GDT

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
Nurse is at his best when playing with that edge, IMO. I love it when he's playing nasty. Same goes for Lucic. Both should always play how they did tonight.

Good to have Russell back. Let's hope Klefbom isn't too far behind. Both are huge pieces of our top-4.

Last edited:
Reactions: Oilhawks

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting

But its a small players game now...heh.

I wish Lucic would do more of that. I know several people said that. But that's a train coming. Maybe he read the comments on here today.

I can't imagine if felt too good being lined up like that lol how the Duck tried to give back on that one. Nah, you're destroyed, you lose in physics.

Lucic actually played well tonight.

Blue Line Turnover

Oct 26, 2006
Worst hockey fans in the league, IMO. Highest ratio of jerks and trolls. It's partly why they are easily my #1 hated team, the other part is their roster and how they play.

I think it's because they don't truly understand the game. It's easier to become biased/idiotic when engaging in something only on a superficial level

Reactions: KarmaPolice

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
Love the Puljujarvi and Brodziak goals.
Holy cow that set-up by Hopkins was so damn dirty and it was on the PK to boot.
I can't remember the last time I saw such a beautiful short-handed goal.
So sick!
I've watched it 20+ times already.

Yeah that shorty was a huge goal. Nuge was a beauty on that play, just BARELY losing the puck, but Kyle made no mistake. Huge goal and we didn't look back.

Pulju with some nice hands on his goal, too. Maybe we should try him in front of the net on the PP. He looks pretty good there.

Reactions: Oilhawks

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
This team needs to find a way to play at least 4 games over .500 before the break. Then need a nice run after Klef is back.
Unless we get other production other than the top 4 this team has no chance , it's amazing they're hanging around .500 imo.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad