Post-Game Talk: Talbezina

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Nice to see the boys win (especially in Anaheim) but the score flattered the Oilers. They started this game by giving up 4 grade A chances in the first 2 minutes. Most teams dont do that in an entire period.
Gave up too many chances for the rest of the game especially in the 3rd.

Talbot should have been all 3 stars IMO.

If they play like this in San Jose they will get destroyed.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
It’s gotten past complete joke phase. They get away with murder in their own barn. Feels extra special to stuff this one up their ass as you have to beat them and the refs every - ****ing - time.

Their fanbase was booing the officials in one of their previous games. Dumb fanbase that still makes me laugh when they didn't know which Schultz to boo. Nick Schultz- BOOO... oh wait, there's another and his has J? BOOOOOOOOO.

T-Funk

Oct 15, 2006
Nice to see the boys win (especially in Anaheim) but the score flattered the Oilers. They started this game by giving up 4 grade A chances in the first 2 minutes. Most teams dont do that in an entire period.
Gave up too many chances for the rest of the game especially in the 3rd.

Talbot should have been all 3 stars IMO.

If they play like this in San Jose they will get destroyed.
They played great. You are gonna give up a few huge chances against cheaters.

oljimmy

May 9, 2013
I love you Connor. But you have way too much honour. When you get smashed into the board by the numbers... STAY DOWN, roll around and moan like Kesler does when he gets tripped. Limp back to the bench. So many other players do this stuff, including 75% of Anaheim's team, and it gets them calls and sways the refs. No it's not perfect, but it's the league you have. Embellish the shit out of this stuff. PLEASE.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
An Oilers win could lead to Carlyle getting fired and potentially replaced by Dallas Frikon Eakins (according to some rumours)

I just...what...?

Time is a flat circle.

Glorious

Reactions: TB12

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
They played great. You are gonna give up a few huge chances against cheaters.

There were some bright spots to be sure...PK was very good and Russell really helped on D. Good to see some secondary scoring too. Also really liked the physicality.
Dont kid yourself though...it was a very sloppy defensive game and that has to be cleaned up or they WILL lose more than they win.
I just hear Rob Brown say that they 'leaked chances' in this game.
I totally agree with that and they need to clean that up big time.

Last edited:
Reactions: RegDunlop

RegDunlop

Nov 5, 2016
Edmonton
Was worried how we started. But even after our first goal when Anaheim pressed you could feel Talbot was dialed in. Awesome performance from him.
Contributions from all lines for once. Now we need to sustain.

God I wanted a bruhahahahahahahahaha so bad!
That BS PP at end of game - imagine icing Lucic, Kass, Kharia, Nurse, and maybe Larson for that one?! Would've loved it!!

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
The Ducks can suck the big one, can’t stand them. Kessler, Getzlaf, and company are a bunch of douches, and it feels good to come into their building and lay a goose egg on them.

RegDunlop

Nov 5, 2016
Edmonton
Also hope to see first line intact for a bit, sprinkling in hints of Draisaitl once and a while.

One caveat though. The beating stick is tied to the bench in front of JJ in case he wants to F around in his own zone again. Mental lapses he needs to overcome. This fella is an incredibly mindful of a two way game so very surprising to me that he continues to not make simpler plays when in trouble. Need to get that away from his game pronto.

oil4life97

Aug 10, 2005
This game was easy on the eyes for a change. Beating the ducks never gets old. The real test coming up in San Jose, they playing way better than the ducks at the moment.

Oct 15, 2008
I love you Connor. But you have way too much honour. When you get smashed into the board by the numbers... STAY DOWN, roll around and moan like Kesler does when he gets tripped. Limp back to the bench. So many other players do this stuff, including 75% of Anaheim's team, and it gets them calls and sways the refs. No it's not perfect, but it's the league you have. Embellish the **** out of this stuff. PLEASE.
This isn’t soccer and Connor is Canadian, not Italian.

Reactions: snipes

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->