Player Discussion Tage Thompson 2

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
Tage is going to have muscles like steel after rehab.

upload_2020-2-20_21-37-47.png

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
I still think Tage turns out to be a 15-20 goal, 40-45 point middle 6 winger for us. Which would be huge considering we have 3 guys currently with 12+ goals.

Even if he becomes a Drew Stafford level contributor on a playoff team I would be pleased. 15-20 goals a season, maybe a couple 25 goal campaigns, some size up front/in front of net and he could be a big help up front. Long term he is the best RW aside from Reinhart as sad as it sounds.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
I still think Tage turns out to be a 15-20 goal, 40-45 point middle 6 winger for us. Which would be huge considering we have 3 guys currently with 12+ goals.

Even if he becomes a Drew Stafford level contributor on a playoff team I would be pleased. 15-20 goals a season, maybe a couple 25 goal campaigns, some size up front/in front of net and he could be a big help up front. Long term he is the best RW aside from Reinhart as sad as it sounds.
When you say 15-20 goal player you mean per game correct?

Reactions: Doug Prishpreed

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
Since the Sabres aren't providing any updates feel free to post your expectations. Tage had surgery on Jan 14 with estimated recovery 5-6 months. By the end of August I expect to see videos of him doing 25 reps with 225lb on the bench. I expect to see him biting the heads off chickens and draining the blood from their necks into his specially formulated Taginator ™ Protein Shakes. And I expect him to get rid of that stupid #72.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Since the Sabres aren't providing any updates feel free to post your expectations. Tage had surgery on Jan 14 with estimated recovery 5-6 months. By the end of August I expect to see videos of him doing 25 reps with 225lb on the bench. I expect to see him biting the heads off chickens and draining the blood from their necks into his specially formulated Taginator ™ Protein Shakes. And I expect him to get rid of that stupid #72.

Expect to see a more aggressive side of Tage this coming season:

Reactions: joshjull

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
Came here to see your guys thoughts on tage....discovered something much....much better
People were starting to warm up to him before he got hurt this year. He's carried a stigma because of the ROR trade, and a pretty lousy first year, but looked good in camp, seemed to be playing effectively in the AHL, then got called up and was injured immediately.

I still think he can be a decent player, although there are probably a bunch of fans that aren't very high on him as well.

Reactions: joshjull

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
People were starting to warm up to him before he got hurt this year. He's carried a stigma because of the ROR trade, and a pretty lousy first year, but looked good in camp, seemed to be playing effectively in the AHL, then got called up and was injured immediately.

I still think he can be a decent player, although there are probably a bunch of fans that aren't very high on him as well.

I think he can be as well, but I’m starting to worry that he may never be very good at 5v5 almost because he’s too big. His game is played with skill a lot more than using his size etc...(like a pat maroon) and I don’t think he will be able to make plays in small areas etc.... if he continues to do things the same way, he almost needs to adopt a pat Martin esque style of play down low(tho that requires him actually putting on muscle) then of course he could be a trigger man on a PP due to his ridiculously nasty release and 1-T tho it might be better to have him net front on the eichel unit

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad