Player Discussion Tage Thompson 2

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
Where the hell is the updates on Tage? It has been over 6 weeks. Typical, we lose 2 of our 4 top 6 forwards and the guy we slow cooked who looked very good in the A gets hurt in his first game up here. We could really use Tage in the top 6 with VO and Skinner out.

If we plan on staying in the playoff race we cannot rely on Jack to score 2 goals a game.

We will need the Veseys, Johanssons,Girgs, Shearys, Froliks and hopefully soon Thompson to step up and each one be the hero a different night. With a heavy schedule coming up it would be nice to have actual talent in the lineup not Scott Wilson.

Reactions: Mitts888

1point21Gigawatts

hell's a gigawatt?
Apr 7, 2010
The future
Where the hell is the updates on Tage? It has been over 6 weeks. Typical, we lose 2 of our 4 top 6 forwards and the guy we slow cooked who looked very good in the A gets hurt in his first game up here. We could really use Tage in the top 6 with VO and Skinner out.

If we plan on staying in the playoff race we cannot rely on Jack to score 2 goals a game.

We will need the Veseys, Johanssons,Girgs, Shearys, Froliks and hopefully soon Thompson to step up and each one be the hero a different night. With a heavy schedule coming up it would be nice to have actual talent in the lineup not Scott Wilson.
To be fair, there was a lot of secondary scoring in the panther's game. I just doubt we can get that consistently. It's a strange day when we are all clamoring for Tager to come back.

Reactions: Tatanka

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation

The last injury report the team gave out was a almost two weeks ago and they said 3 to 5 weeks.

So, unless things have changed, it's 1-3 weeks now.

Two weeks after that one was posted, they posted this:

The training staff remains an area of concern, honestly, with the number of times these timelines over-run.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
What in the heck happened here? Was it more serious than they let on? Did he suffer a major setback?

I get playing games with making injuries public......but this is ridiculous.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
What in the heck happened here? Was it more serious than they let on? Did he suffer a major setback?

I get playing games with making injuries public......but this is ridiculous.
Maybe this is slightly off topic but I can't figure out how the league can get into bed with sports gambling outfits while treating injuries like state secrets?

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
Or wasn't healing period, which might be consistent with the continuous extensions of his recovery.
I think they were planning on surgery all along but were hoping it would rehab well enough to get in some games wearing a brace.
Surgery for Dislocated Shoulder
However, young people playing contact sports have an extremely high risk for a second dislocation after a first-time occurrence—up to 90% risk for recurrence.1
As a result, medical professionals are increasingly considering the possibility for young athletes with a first-time traumatic anterior shoulder dislocation to undergo surgery without attempting nonsurgical treatment first. A review of studies that included 239 active young men determined that surgical intervention resulted in significantly lower rates of dislocation recurrence, instability, or ongoing pain and stiffness.2

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
Unreal. The one year where Tage had an opportunity to make huge progress and he gets a season ending injury with 1 minute left in game #1. Just another thing in a lost f***ing season.

Reactions: Chainshot

Tatanka

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2016
Guess he isn’t even trade bait anymore until he shows he has fully recovered. One less asset to work with.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
I have commissioned a well known international artist to design a piece that expresses the complete and utter despair and agony I am currently feeling:
FB_IMG_1579041390363.jpg

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
This sucks.

So basically 2 wasted development years for Tage. One by being rushed to the NHL, and one due to bad luck.

itwasaforwardpass

I'll be the hyena
Mar 4, 2017
This sucks.

So basically 2 wasted development years for Tage. One by being rushed to the NHL, and one due to bad luck.

Three years really. He was forced into the Blues lineup before he was ready due to injuries on their team, and he really struggled.

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
I love that they call it a "lifestyle brand" - is being a sad millionaire in a recycled hoodie really a lifestyle?
Buffalo has a distinct lifestyle brand
Visitor to Buffalo: What’s with all the cargo shorts?

I’ve lived in Florida all my life: born and raised around Fort Lauderdale, graduated from the University of Florida.

Cue the amusing variations of, “You left Florida for Buffalo? Why would you do such a thing? Can we trade places?”

I’ve responded honestly: It’s been about a month, and so far I really like it. I have a great job, my calendar is overwhelmed with events, and people seem willing, even excited to talk to strangers.

But I do have a bone to pick: What’s up with the cargo shorts?

I first noticed them one afternoon at Caffe Aroma, where I posted up to finish lingering freelance work. An unabashed people-watcher, I chose a stool by the window facing Bidwell Park. I had only been in Buffalo for a few days, and my curiosity for this new city made getting work done nearly impossible. So I did what I do best and spent my “breaks” observing.

A man with long wavy hair and tattoos crossed the street toward the cafe. He’s cute, I thought. But wait, were those cargo shorts?
Unfortunate. I turned back to my computer.
A few minutes later, I looked up again. A man was tying his bike to a pole – in cargo shorts.

Reactions: HaNotsri

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
Buffalo has a distinct lifestyle brand
Visitor to Buffalo: What’s with all the cargo shorts?

I’ve lived in Florida all my life: born and raised around Fort Lauderdale, graduated from the University of Florida.

Cue the amusing variations of, “You left Florida for Buffalo? Why would you do such a thing? Can we trade places?”

I’ve responded honestly: It’s been about a month, and so far I really like it. I have a great job, my calendar is overwhelmed with events, and people seem willing, even excited to talk to strangers.

But I do have a bone to pick: What’s up with the cargo shorts?

I first noticed them one afternoon at Caffe Aroma, where I posted up to finish lingering freelance work. An unabashed people-watcher, I chose a stool by the window facing Bidwell Park. I had only been in Buffalo for a few days, and my curiosity for this new city made getting work done nearly impossible. So I did what I do best and spent my “breaks” observing.

A man with long wavy hair and tattoos crossed the street toward the cafe. He’s cute, I thought. But wait, were those cargo shorts?
Unfortunate. I turned back to my computer.
A few minutes later, I looked up again. A man was tying his bike to a pole – in cargo shorts.
Which is surprising because Florida is the capital of denim shorts and cargo shorts

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad