Player Discussion Tage Thompson 2

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
let’s see how he has recovered from his injuries first, and let’s hope his processing speed has improved.

even as his recovery timeline has come and gone 5-6 months, that type of recovery is important to be careful with.
One advantage for Tage is this incredibly long layoff. He will have plenty of time to both rehab from surgery and build more strength. It’s a pretty unique opportunity. One I have faith he will take advantage of based on the work he did last offseason.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
One advantage for Tage is this incredibly long layoff. He will have plenty of time to both rehab from surgery and build more strength. It’s a pretty unique opportunity. One I have faith he will take advantage of based on the work he did last offseason.

Oh I agree, he has that advantage that most don't have, and he lucked into that situation. There was absolutely no rushing things, or even having pressure to push anything. I was just commenting on taking it with a cautious approach without an unknown of how he's going to bounce back from the surgery he had.

IMO, I do think there will be an issue of muscle memory and processing coordination if he made strides in being quicker in his decision making.

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
Tage got a new car!
Something Steve Urwin would have been proud of.
g2-570x380.jpg

gi-570x380.jpg

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
I don't think this was posted. The article is from May 19
Sabres prospect Tage Thompson 'feeling good' while rehabbing from surgery
Thompson isn't allowed to disclose an exact diagnosis, but he detailed how he's spending his days during the offseason. His weekly workout routine includes four, two-hour lower-body workouts, a Wednesday bike ride and three, 90-minute physical rehabilitation sessions near his home in Milford, Conn.
Although Thompson will need to be cleared by a physician, he is on pace to be at full strength in June or July.

The former first-round draft choice is using the additional time off to continue to add muscle mass to his 6-foot-6 frame. An emphasis on diet and lower-body workouts have helped Thompson gain 10 pounds since training camp last fall. Thompson said he now weighs 225 pounds, an increase of 20 pounds since the end of last season, and he expressed hope that he can put on more weight once he's able to resume upper-body workouts.

He's going to be a beast when he comes back. Half buffalo, half giraffe. :laugh:

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
Giraffes have 3 hearts. The Sabres need more of that. They're very mobile for their size capable of 35mph bursts to get behind the D and can cruise at 10mph for hours. They have excellent eyesight and are extremely intelligent allowing them to quickly read the play. Giraffes don't do drugs. They're naturally high.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
Thompson isn't allowed to disclose an exact diagnosis, but he detailed how he's spending his days during the offseason. His weekly workout routine includes four, two-hour lower-body workouts, a Wednesday bike ride and three, 90-minute physical rehabilitation sessions near his home in Milford, Conn.
Although Thompson will need to be cleared by a physician, he is on pace to be at full strength in June or July.

The former first-round draft choice is using the additional time off to continue to add muscle mass to his 6-foot-6 frame. An emphasis on diet and lower-body workouts have helped Thompson gain 10 pounds since training camp last fall. Thompson said he now weighs 225 pounds, an increase of 20 pounds since the end of last season, and he expressed hope that he can put on more weight once he's able to resume upper-body workouts.

He's going to be a beast when he comes back. Half buffalo, half giraffe. :laugh:

@Ehran

This article Buff posted gives you some idea of what to expect from a strength pov for Tage.

All I can say about him already putting on 10lbs by mid May with just dieting, rehab and leg work is ... Holy crap. At the time of the article he still had another 5-6 months to work. Another 5 or 10 even 15lbs of muscle?

A 6”6” 230-240lbs Tage is a MUCH bigger and stronger version of the player we acquired. It will be very interesting to see how that potential monster will look on the ice.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
lol, fair enough. You're allowed to like players. I just find him completely useless. Lazar is light years better than him. I will say, he's at least better than Vesey and Sobotka.

Based on the article Buff linked above, Tage has clearly carried over his focus on bulking up from last off season. I‘d like to wait and see what a 230+ Tage can do before deciding his fate.

Reactions: Der Jaeger

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
@Ehran

This article Buff posted gives you some idea of what to expect from a strength pov for Tage.

All I can say about him already putting on 10lbs by mid May with just dieting, rehab and leg work is ... Holy crap. At the time of the article he still had another 5-6 months to work. Another 5 or 10 even 15lbs of muscle?

A 6”6” 230-240lbs Tage is a MUCH bigger and stronger version of the player we acquired. It will be very interesting to see how that potential monster will look on the ice.
The legs are really underrated. Jagr had legs like the incredible Hulk. Crosby has legs like tree trunks. Lafontaine was another one. Connor McDavid has trouble finding jeans that fit. :laugh:
Top 15 Most Jacked NHLers

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
The legs are really underrated. Jagr had legs like the incredible Hulk. Crosby has legs like tree trunks. Lafontaine was another one. Connor McDavid has trouble finding jeans that fit. :laugh:
Top 15 Most Jacked NHLers

Indeed.

Cozens doing a similar focus on the legs (due to his wrist injury) last offseason is credited as a big reason for his monster WHL season.

We may need to start initiating players with upper body injuries before their first trading in camp. :laugh:

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
@Ehran

THE RAINBOW DIET WORKED!!!!!!!!!!

Genny Screamer

Jul 11, 2017
Buffalo, NY

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
From Jon Vogl's mailbag
Sabres mailbag, part one: UFA decisions, trading the...

John M.: Most likely Sabre to take a big leap in 2020-21?

After briefly considering Dominik Kahun and Rasmus Dahlin – Buffalo’s best defenseman still has big leaps in him – I’ll go with Tage Thompson. The signs are there.

It’s not just that he put up points in Rochester, pouring in 14 goals and 23 points in 27 games. He dominated games. The winger averaged more than four shots a night last season, including a pair of eight-shot barrages.

During Thompson’s time with the Amerks, he scored on 13.2 percent of those shots. He was at just 6.5 percent in Buffalo during the 2018-19 season. If he can keep firing and maintain his AHL accuracy, 20 goals is in reach.

That’s the secondary scoring the Sabres crave and need

Reactions: sabremike

Montag DP

Sabres fan in...
Apr 4, 2007
...Maryland
In two years we're going to be arguing that Kevyn Adams has only been successful because Botterill left him stacked with great young players and prospects, like Tage Thompson.

I can dream, right? :DD

Reactions: Buffaloed

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->