Player Discussion Tage Thompson 2

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Perhaps they are now leaning on what they did with Olofsson a bit - make absolutely, positively, completely sure that the guy is ready before giving him the call.

If they called him up right now, it might set him back by messing with his confidence, especially since the roster move is more about having bodies for practice than not. Taylor and Sexton have both mentioned that when a guy goes up, they don't want him to come back. They want their graduates to succeed at the next level when promoted. We may not see Tage for a bit yet. We're going to have to wait on Super Giraffe to save our hockey viewing eyes just a bit longer.

Reactions: joshjull

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Perhaps they are now leaning on what they did with Olofsson a bit - make absolutely, positively, completely sure that the guy is ready before giving him the call.

If they called him up right now, it might set him back by messing with his confidence, especially since the roster move is more about having bodies for practice than not. Taylor and Sexton have both mentioned that when a guy goes up, they don't want him to come back. They want their graduates to succeed at the next level when promoted. We may not see Tage for a bit yet. We're going to have to wait on Super Giraffe to save our hockey viewing eyes just a bit longer.
NO I WANT MY GIRAFFE GODDAMMIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY
I agree. I didn't mind him playing in Buffalo last season to see where he was at. There was nothing to lose team-wise. He wasn't ready. So Botterill went out and got cheap stop-gap (Vesey) to give Thompson time in Rochester. He's doing great stat-wise, but his problems in the NHL were defensive play and on-ice awareness. How much he's improving with that isn't exactly going to show up in the stat line, so we shouldn't be clamoring for a call-up just because of his Gs and As. Sobotka going down should probably mean Lazar gets a call-up, not Thompson.

Thompson is in Rochester to shape himself into a legit NHL player. Lazar is the more veteran guy that can play up or down in the organization. For years we saw prospects get rushed to Buffalo because the roster was too pitiful to wait on development. There shouldn't be any complaining when the team changes things up for the right reasons.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
I'm ready for some TageRage

I assume he's not playing in Chicago tonight?

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Would be awesome if Mojo was back

Olof Eichel Reinhart
Skinner Johansson Erod
Sheary Mitts Thompson
Girgs Asplund Lazar

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
DF1BDE01-0446-44E4-B317-5E6FCCEB2E5D.jpeg

Saw this while I was reading the Tweet that he had been recalled. Thought the spirit Giraffe Ultra was sending me a sign.

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
Krueger's comment:
"You are making decisions on the last five minutes on playing players in a game that’s slipped out of reach. You want to get certain ice time in. You throw Tage out one more time. It was a strange set of circumstances that caused the injury. But, yeah, you definitely hope that’s the end."

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY

Tough break for Tage. Seems like he's not rehabbing as well as expected. If he needs surgery he's done for the season.

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

I know I do all the silliness with Tage but it's not a joke to say if he's done for the season this team is absolutely screwed. Him coming back and producing was the only way we were going to get any help because our forward prospects are dire and the odds of the person running things being able to pull off a trade to get a useful forward are not good at all.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

I know I do all the silliness with Tage but it's not a joke to say if he's done for the season this team is absolutely screwed. Him coming back and producing was the only way we were going to get any help because our forward prospects are dire and the odds of the person running things being able to pull off a trade to get a useful forward are not good at all.

let’s all take a deep breath a moment. It would be wonderful if he’s able to come back and be as effective at the NHL level as he was with Rochester. That would be a great addition especially with their need on right wing. I don’t know if I would describe their forward prospects as dire at the moment. Just breathe.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad