Management Sweeney: "Were Looking To Make Changes" IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

CantStoptheBrock

Jun 26, 2020
Wasn't sure where to place this question, but I was wondering if anyone here could share some information about how much impact Jim Benning had on the Bruins' drafting between 2006-2013, when he was assistant GM. Boston's drafting seemed pretty poor during those years. Was he directly involved, or attending to other duties?

arider1990

Dec 9, 2018
He doesn't play 6 '5" and never will only for a couple games after Neely says he needs to be more physical. It doesn't matter in the least how big he is.

Don't worry about the insult.:)
So your telling me that all of Carlos 126 hits come in a couple game span when Neely says something?

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Wasn't sure where to place this question, but I was wondering if anyone here could share some information about how much impact Jim Benning had on the Bruins' drafting between 2006-2013, when he was assistant GM. Boston's drafting seemed pretty poor during those years. Was he directly involved, or attending to other duties?

Hi,
You may get more responses or info if you try this thread:

Part 2- 2015 Draft - or ALL prior draft discussion here

TobanWest

Jan 28, 2020
EDM and COL deals are super overpays.

And Grzelcyk playing in the top 4 is not a good sign

Potentially but a stop gap defenseman in Moore and a first round hometown player and a 2nd not so much and Colorado is close and adding a vezina goalie could be enticing. Rask is a first all day long at the deadline but I see your point with the goalie market flooded

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
He doesn't play 6 '5" and never will only for a couple games after Neely says he needs to be more physical. It doesn't matter in the least how big he is.

Don't worry about the insult.:)
Don't get me wrong I would trade Carlo in the right deal like for a legit top 6 forward maybe even as the main piece in part of a deal for a star player like Laine, just don't want to trade Carlo for a 3rd line type like Virtanen or in a deal for OEL.

Last edited:

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
I was on a zoom call on Monday with I can't say who.

But there isn't an executive in the NHL that doesn't think this will be the wildest offseason in the history of the league.

I'm glad I took next week off because it's going to be a very busy week.
Will we be calling you Jif or Skippy by this time next week? :laugh:

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
The more i think about it. The more i feel like the best fit for boston that wouldnt break the bank is craig smith. Reliable right shot vet who would fit well with what coyle wants to do.

i also really like the idea of getting zadorov back in a rask deal. That dude is mean
Rask + Bjork for Grubbauer + Zadorov + 2020 1st. I would still look to add another goalie and move Halak.

Reactions: Gordoff

Don Cherry

Sep 28, 2017
Don't get me wrong I would trade Carlo in the right deal like for a legit top 6 forward maybe even as the main piece in part of a deal for a star player like Laine, just want to trade Carlo for a 3rd line type like Virtanen or in a deal for OEL.
That's fine. I don't want to see him given away. I just don't see him as nearly untouchable. If he could get us a 2nd line rw of equal value I wouldnt hesitate either 1 for 1 or as part of a package.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Maybe he knows Axelsson? I find it a little strange, or surprising I guess. Don’t know if any connections to anyone. Across country when he has not wanted to leave AZ for a while. Just surprising. I suppose the status of the team speaks for itself

He gets to be on a top contending team in the east and be the LHD for the next seven years.

Don Cherry

Sep 28, 2017
But he does. He had 126 hits which was good for 24th among d men and that is a fact. So saying he really doesn’t hit is false.
Ok, he hits. He doesn't do it to hurt, he just kind of gets in the way. He reminds me of Peter Popovich.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
Canuck fans thinking Zona will take back Eriksson's contract when they are trying to dump a contract. I just do not see them taking Loui in a package or even sutter at 4 plus. Moore is easier for them to handle. Moore is less at 2,250,000 cash this year and a 2.75 mill cap.
I might be wrong , but I think Loui's actually salary this upcoming year may be less than Moore's.

Edit: This upcoming year is 3M and the following year is 1M with signing bonuses that equal to 4M total each year. Just looked it up.

BadBruins

Aug 10, 2005
PEI
The more i think about it. The more i feel like the best fit for boston that wouldnt break the bank is craig smith. Reliable right shot vet who would fit well with what coyle wants to do.

I think Craig Smith types are more of the same.... Impact players are where the money should be funneled to IMO. Organizationally, I think they are pretty well stocked with depth.... On the backend and upfront. They can afford to splurge. I will be sad if "depth" is the approach.

Reactions: bbfan419

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
Canuck fans thinking Zona will take back Eriksson's contract when they are trying to dump a contract. I just do not see them taking Loui in a package or even sutter at 4 plus. Moore is easier for them to handle. Moore is less at 2,250,000 cash this year and a 2.75 mill cap.

Moore is owed 7.25 over 3 years

Erickkson is owed 5 over 2 . This years bonus has already been paid

Reactions: WhalerTurnedBruin55

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
So sounds like we can piece together some info and know this for sure:

1. Boston and Arizona were in talks for weeks about OEL.
2. Boston was the only team OEL would waive to.
3. Boston made an offer.
4. After that offer, the Arizona management went back to OEL and asked for more teams.
5. OEL added Vancouver.
6. Vancouver began talks that took place over weeks.
7. Vancouver made an offer.
8. Arizona now has two confirmed offers for OEL.
9. All parties start leaking information to see which of the three parties budges first and ups their offer or takes the offer.
10. We speculate.

This sound about right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad