Pick Askarov if given the chance
There’s a franchise goalie to replace Rask in 3 years time
Or Jarvis/Quinn

Add bottom6 depth at trade deadline

Last edited:
Reactions: bbfan419

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I’m not sure where to post this so I guess here is as good a place as any. Not trying to hi-jack the thread (but didn't want to start my own thread).

With the Cup awarded and the RTP tournament over, I’ve decided to “retire” as a poster here on HF Boards. 18,000 posts later I figure I can at least give a retirement speech in any event. That's a lot of content when you think about it.

Rest assured I’m am leaving on a high note, this is nothing if not positive. I’m not sure if you’ve noticed (or maybe you have) I have been posting a lot recently, even more than normal for me. And I’ve had to face some hard truths. And the truth is, the time I’m spending on this board conversing, debating, arguing is impacting my real life. It has impacted my productivity at work, it has impacted my productivity outside of work. Things in my life are falling by the wayside. My work isn’t up to the level of which I am accustomed to. I’m doing a university course that is heavy and challenging, easily the most challenging obstacle of my academic life, and time I should be spending at that I’m spending here. I have a side-business that has a project about to commence that will require a lot of time and effort. Not to mention the day-to-day aspects of keeping a household going that we all face. I’m addicted to this board and something has to give because I can literally talk hockey, especially Bruins hockey all day.

I’m going to truly miss the conversations, debates, arguments with the myriad of people who gather here on HF Boards – Bruins to talk about the Bruins, hockey, and life in general. There is no where else that I’ve ever encountered where I can talk about the sport I love to the depth I can here, the depth that I enjoy. When I talk to my friends or even guys I play with, they can’t carry your jockstraps when it comes to your knowledge of the Bruins, the league and the sport of hockey. I truly appreciate all the conversations and debates we’ve had over the years. I’ve learned a lot reading your posts and replies.
I will also miss all the people who post here. I feel like I’ve gotten to know some of you to a certain degree. This board, the Bruins board, is in my opinion the best team board not only on HF Boards but anywhere. There is a sense of community here, a sense of family here. And like any family were don’t always get along or agree, but ultimately we are all Bruins fans and are here for each other in some way.
When we got to Week 7 of the pandemic, I started to crack. Working from home, separated from my co-workers during the day, separated from my friends and family at night. And where did I come to for support and solace? Here to the board. I think that says a lot about the quality of the people who frequent here. It’s a wonderful group of people here and I’ll miss being a part of it, at least for the foreseeable future. Hopefully one day I can find the time to post again, but that could be many moons from now so for now I’ll have to say goodbye.

To each poster who reads this, I hope you and your loved ones stay safe, stay healthy, and stay together as we all move forward in 2020 and onward.

All the best,

Dustin
“aka Bruindust”

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Now that @BruinDust has retired I doubt he sees this, but in the previous thread he asked for a player that was to become a UFA, signed an extension, and then was traded.

Well, the most famous one is Jeff Carter.

Carter was set to become a UFA at the end of the 2010-2011 season, but the Flyers signed him to a 11 year, $58 million deal.

In a trade yours truly broke, Carter was traded to Columbus before that deal kicked in. That trade also allowed Dougie Hamilton to drop to the Bruins in the draft.

There are many others, but that's the one Bruins fans will likely remember.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Based on Seravalli comments/needs

Sign Hall, sign Dillon, trade DeBrusk for Edmonton 1st
Trade Moore for whatever

Marchand- Bergeron- Pasta
Hall- Krejci- Studnicka
Ritchie- Coyle- Kase

Dillon-McAvoy
Grzelcyk- Carlo
Chara- Lauzo

Rask
Halak

Or Jarvis/Quinn

Find a way to remove out of shape useless turtle and I'm down with this.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
I’m not sure where to post this so I guess here is as good a place as any. Not trying to hi-jack the thread (but didn't want to start my own thread).

With the Cup awarded and the RTP tournament over, I’ve decided to “retire” as a poster here on HF Boards. 18,000 posts later I figure I can at least give a retirement speech in any event. That's a lot of content when you think about it.

Rest assured I’m am leaving on a high note, this is nothing if not positive. I’m not sure if you’ve noticed (or maybe you have) I have been posting a lot recently, even more than normal for me. And I’ve had to face some hard truths. And the truth is, the time I’m spending on this board conversing, debating, arguing is impacting my real life. It has impacted my productivity at work, it has impacted my productivity outside of work. Things in my life are falling by the wayside. My work isn’t up to the level of which I am accustomed to. I’m doing a university course that is heavy and challenging, easily the most challenging obstacle of my academic life, and time I should be spending at that I’m spending here. I have a side-business that has a project about to commence that will require a lot of time and effort. Not to mention the day-to-day aspects of keeping a household going that we all face. I’m addicted to this board and something has to give because I can literally talk hockey, especially Bruins hockey all day.

I’m going to truly miss the conversations, debates, arguments with the myriad of people who gather here on HF Boards – Bruins to talk about the Bruins, hockey, and life in general. There is no where else that I’ve ever encountered where I can talk about the sport I love to the depth I can here, the depth that I enjoy. When I talk to my friends or even guys I play with, they can’t carry your jockstraps when it comes to your knowledge of the Bruins, the league and the sport of hockey. I truly appreciate all the conversations and debates we’ve had over the years. I’ve learned a lot reading your posts and replies.
I will also miss all the people who post here. I feel like I’ve gotten to know some of you to a certain degree. This board, the Bruins board, is in my opinion the best team board not only on HF Boards but anywhere. There is a sense of community here, a sense of family here. And like any family were don’t always get along or agree, but ultimately we are all Bruins fans and are here for each other in some way.
When we got to Week 7 of the pandemic, I started to crack. Working from home, separated from my co-workers during the day, separated from my friends and family at night. And where did I come to for support and solace? Here to the board. I think that says a lot about the quality of the people who frequent here. It’s a wonderful group of people here and I’ll miss being a part of it, at least for the foreseeable future. Hopefully one day I can find the time to post again, but that could be many moons from now so for now I’ll have to say goodbye.

To each poster who reads this, I hope you and your loved ones stay safe, stay healthy, and stay together as we all move forward in 2020 and onward.

All the best,

Dustin
“aka Bruindust”
Certainly understand why you would need to step away from here, I guess we all spend a little too much time on these boards, but we love our Bruins. Anyway wishing you the very best in your work and studies and of course best of health to you and your loved ones. Will miss seeing your post and even though we may not have agreed a couple of times, I always respected your opinions and point of view. Maybe when life slows down for you someday you can pop back in here now and again, until then take care and best of luck.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA

Trade Moore for whatever

Hall- Krejci- Studnicka
Ritchie- Coyle- Kase

Dillon-McAvoy
Grzelcyk- Carlo
Chara- Lauzo

Rask
Halak

Or Jarvis/Quinn

Free agency is after the draft. I ain’t trading DeBrusk for EDM 2021 1st which should be a way worse pick. And I ain’t trading DeBrusk before Hall’s signature is on paper.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
Now that @BruinDust has retired I doubt he sees this, but in the previous thread he asked for a player that was to become a UFA, signed an extension, and then was traded.

Carter was set to become a UFA at the end of the 2010-2011 season, but the Flyers signed him to a 11 year, $58 million deal.

In a trade yours truly broke, Carter was traded to Columbus before that deal kicked in. That trade also allowed Dougie Hamilton to drop to the Bruins in the draft.

I knew there were some, I was too lazy to look it up, thanks Dom. Guess my whole point was if you were DS and had a big deal to be done that you think is really going to help your club and the other GM says they need Wagner to make it work, he is not a player to hold up a deal for me anyway.

Reactions: Gordoff

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Find a way to remove out of shape useless turtle and I'm down with this.

He’s not in the lineup because I want him there but because I expect him to be.

& to be honest with that lineup you can have the 3rd line as that and see where it develops and upgrade that at the deadline if needed

Free agency is after the draft. I ain’t trading DeBrusk for EDM 2021 1st which should be a way worse pick. And I ain’t trading DeBrusk before Hall’s signature is on paper.

Which is why I’d be looking ag trading for his rights and see what happens.

He wants to win and Boston has been in the finals and at the top of the standings last few years with few superstars on the roster

Reactions: Gordoff

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site

All the best,

Dustin
“aka Bruindust”
We’ll miss you, Dustin. You are a well informed and very reasonable poster who made a valuable contribution.

I can understand your situation. I am retired so I can spare the time to read and post here.

I wish you success and good health. And, stop by every once in a while.

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma

Dan Boyle is another one that comes to mind. Re-signed for 6 years in TB only to get traded to SJ right after.

He played really well for San Jose and I don't think any of the pieces Tampa got did anything for them

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home

All the best,

Dustin
“aka Bruindust”

Dustin, be well. Take care of yourself.
We will leave the light on for you.

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016

All the best,

Dustin
“aka Bruindust”

It's been a pleasure, sir.

You are being wise in both acknowledging that there is a problem and facing it head-on.

Perhaps someday years down the road you can come back and say hello now and then without it being an issue.
I am sure I can speak for the majority here in saying you will always be welcome.

You will be missed.
Take care

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England

All the best,

Dustin
“aka Bruindust”

Good luck, Dustin. Hope once everything settles down, you come say hi every now and again!

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005

Trade Moore for whatever

Hall- Krejci- Studnicka
Ritchie- Coyle- Kase

Dillon-McAvoy
Grzelcyk- Carlo
Chara- Lauzo

Rask
Halak

Or Jarvis/Quinn

not bad. but still a one line team.
get anderson. put him with bergy and marsh. put pasta with krejci and hall as first line.

Estlin

Sep 25, 2013
New York City

All the best,

Dustin
“aka Bruindust”

You have been, by far, one of the best and most insightful posters on this board, and I will miss not seeing your contributions here. Best wishes to you, Dustin.

Mainehockey33

Powerplay Specialist
Jul 15, 2011
Maine

All the best,

Dustin
“aka Bruindust”

You’re one of the more knowledgeable and reasonable posters on the board and I enjoy reading your posts and seeing your point of view. Stop in every now and then.

Take care.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
How is it a 1 line team if you have Hall& Krejci on the 2nd line?

You can’t have 6 superstars in the top6
no you cant.
id rather see hall krejci pasta as a first line. im over the perfection line.
find somebody thst can play rw with bergy and marchand. anyone. stud, anderson, carter, etc

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003

All the best,

Dustin
“aka Bruindust”

Best of luck!

I've always enjoyed interacting with you here.

I hope when things return to some semblance of normalcy, you can find your way back!

Take care!

The Laukomotive

Nov 26, 2017

Dan Boyle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad