Management Sweeney: "Were Looking To Make Changes" IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

veganbruin

Sep 20, 2013
Boston, MA
I feel like it’s inevitable with this organization but what do you think the Bruins will deal for Josh Anderson?

for the record would rather sign a top 6 wing or trade for a top 9 center with some upside instead of a Dman. why the eff do the Bruins want that OEL contract? And you know something good and something with some cap space will be going the other way sooooo DeBrusk + Moore + Vaak? Yuck.

Reactions: bbfan419

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
Why do I get the feeling that this is Luke Schenn 2.0?
Where's there's smoke, there's Don Sweeney and his water bucket to put it out. "Costs were to high" or "full moon" or Mercury was in retrograde and I love our bottom tier prospects too much to give up on them." I see it all now, disappointment du jour.

I don't think the Bruins really want OEL. I think they want AP. I think they are in on OEL in case they can't get AP. It also get's the Nucks to up the anti so that when they land OEL the Bruins can swoop in and purge the fall out. This may be DS best move as a GM ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
fwiw many media guys have at some point in the last few weeks said this is the most wild offseason. Heck Dom said the same thing today. At this point I'm inclined to believe GMs are actually engaging in some wild trade talks.

I believe that too but engaging in talks and actually carrying through with them are different things.

bruinmann77

Feb 27, 2002
bronx ny
Visit site
so the rumors out there the Bruins looking to add OEL Via trade
The bruins are listening to calls for Rask?
The Bruins have put out feelers for Jake D
The Bruins might trade Krug rights or may sign him?

Now ilets see what happens

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
I still think back to how good of a fit Marcus Johansson was. Instead of bringing him back the bruins signed like three 4th liners who didn’t work. The chemistry with coyle was amazing and had the ability to jump up the 2nd line. So incredibly versatile. Would have loved to see a Johansson-coyle-Bjork line. He was the “peverly” signing

Memokerobi

May 4, 2018
Here's a crazy offseason scenario I created for the Bs using the rumors on this thread + some creativity. This is not happening irl but I will definitely try this in the new NHL game :D

1) Sign Pietrangelo $9M for 8 years
2) Sign Dadonov $5.25M for 5 years
3) Trade Rask + JDB to Edmonton for Nurse + Puljujarvi + 2020 1st
4) Trade Carlo to VGK for Marchessault, they get their RHD after missing out on Pietrangelo
4) Trade John Moore attached with an asset and get rid of his salary
5) Trade Kase/Ritchie and maybe Wagner
6) There is about 3M left, sign a goalie

Marchand-Bergeron-Pasta
Dadonov-Krejci-Marchessault
Bjork-Coyle-Pulj
Frederic-Kuraly-Studnicka/Lindholm/JAG

Nurse-Pietrangelo
Gryz-McAvoy
Lauzon-Clifton

Goalie-Halak

7) Win Stanley Cup!!

I think I should go to bed... :D

Reactions: LouJersey

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
Here's a crazy offseason scenario I created for the Bs using the rumors on this thread + some creativity. This is not happening irl but I will definitely try this in the new NHL game :D

1) Sign Pietrangelo $9M for 8 years
2) Sign Dadonov $5.25M for 5 years
3) Trade Rask + JDB to Edmonton for Nurse + Puljujarvi + 2020 1st
4) Trade Carlo to VGK for Marchessault, they get their RHD after missing out on Pietrangelo
4) Trade John Moore attached with an asset and get rid of his salary
5) Trade Kase/Ritchie and maybe Wagner
6) There is about 3M left, sign a goalie

Marchand-Bergeron-Pasta
Dadonov-Krejci-Marchessault
Bjork-Coyle-Pulj
Frederic-Kuraly-Studnicka/Lindholm/JAG

Nurse-Pietrangelo
Gryz-McAvoy
Lauzon-Clifton

Goalie-Halak

7) Win Stanley Cup!!

I think I should go to bed... :D
1. They can't sign AP for 8 years unless they trade for his rights, if he goes anywhere other than STL it is 7 years max.
3. Take out DeBrusk and Add Bjork instead.
4. I want a lot better player than Marchessault for Carlo, if its Vegas then I want Tuch.
If they trade Moore, the only pieces I would include with him would be Lindholm and JFK for a mid round pick.
The rest looks pretty good.

Reactions: Gordoff

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
I still think back to how good of a fit Marcus Johansson was. Instead of bringing him back the bruins signed like three 4th liners who didn’t work. The chemistry with coyle was amazing and had the ability to jump up the 2nd line. So incredibly versatile. Would have loved to see a Johansson-coyle-Bjork line. He was the “peverly” signing

One year left on his deal, maybe they circle around at the TDL for him again? Or f*** it. Go get him this off-season.

I would love MoJo back. He just fits.

Blinny

This is the Sway
Jan 6, 2010
Dorchester
I’ll say this again.

I like Dads, 1st line complimentary player.

But with all these big names thrown out I’ll be damm disappointed if Dads is the only one they get

Not I. I think getting a player of that quality and putting him with either Marchand and Bergeron or DeBrusk-Krejci gives us 2 lines that are top quality

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Not I. I think getting a player of that quality and putting him with either Marchand and Bergeron or DeBrusk-Krejci gives us 2 lines that are top quality

The defense needs to be upgraded to get to Tampa level

It would be just half effort if they only add Dads.
This is an offseason where Sweeney can take advatage of other teams

bruins19

Aug 11, 2005
I don't think the Bruins really want OEL. I think they want AP. I think they are in on OEL in case they can't get AP. It also get's the Nucks to up the anti so that when they land OEL the Bruins can swoop in and purge the fall out. This may be DS best move as a GM ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Glass half full, optimistic outlook. I like it.

Reactions: JOKER 192

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
I feel like it’s inevitable with this organization but what do you think the Bruins will deal for Josh Anderson?

What do you mean with this part? Seems negative. If josh Anderson is acquired, that’d be a plus, so long as the package going the other way isn’t bad.

for the record would rather sign a top 6 wing or trade for a top 9 center with some upside instead of a Dman. why the eff do the Bruins want that OEL contract? And you know something good and something with some cap space will be going the other way sooooo DeBrusk + Moore + Vaak? Yuck.

I’d rather sign a Top 6 winger since that’s our main need. We need some prospects at center but we’re set NHL wise especially Top 9 center. We have Coyle, one of the better 3rd line centers in the league.

Build from the net out. OEL would give us three legitimate defenseman. He’s a #1 pairing guy. Now, I’d rather AP but if we land OEL, that’s huge for the future.

Flannelman

Quiet, Gnashgab.
Dec 3, 2006
Re: shake up.
Of the “core” we have had talk about Rask, Krug but not much about Krejci. Love him personally, but seems like the next most likely.
Where would he be the best fit?

Reactions: Estlin and Gordoff

RHR37

Dec 24, 2019
Of the “core” we have had talk about Rask, Krug but not much about Krejci. Love him personally, but seems like the next most likely.

If you trade Krecji who replaces him.

Keep in mind this is a guy who recorded 73 points last year with 0 right wing and was on pace for 55-60 points again this past season with a revolving door at right wing.

Coyle is a great center but he is the perfect 3rd line center on a contending team as he does not produce enough offense to be a consistent 2nd line center.

Krecji is a # 1 center on most other teams and would get to play with top end talent on those teams and I could see him eclipsing a point per game playing with those players.

Guaranteed if Krecji plays with Marchand and Pasta he goes above 80 points a season.

I truly believe this guys wants to retire a Bruin and will take a team friendly deal on his next contract and could be a very good 3rd center as his career dwindles.

Don Cherry

Sep 28, 2017
I think the best fit for Krejci personally would be Carolina. I'm not sure if he has a ntc? Does Carolina even have anything we would need?

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario

OTTAWA SUN
:
Bruce Garrioch reports there will be no shortage of suitors for Laine if the Jets decide to trade him. The Columbus Blue Jackets and Montreal Canadiens are two clubs in need of a scoring forward, but Garrioch speculates the asking price could be a top defenseman or a second-line center plus a prospect and a pick. Other interested clubs could include the Boston Bruins, Buffalo Sabres, Detroit Red Wings, New York Rangers, Minnesota Wild and Florida Panther

TwineTickler

TheUltimateBruin
May 13, 2006
Fairfield County, CT
OTTAWA SUN: Bruce Garrioch reports there will be no shortage of suitors for Laine if the Jets decide to trade him. The Columbus Blue Jackets and Montreal Canadiens are two clubs in need of a scoring forward, but Garrioch speculates the asking price could be a top defenseman or a second-line center plus a prospect and a pick. Other interested clubs could include the Boston Bruins, Buffalo Sabres, Detroit Red Wings, New York Rangers, Minnesota Wild and Florida Panther

No thank you.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
OTTAWA SUN: Bruce Garrioch reports there will be no shortage of suitors for Laine if the Jets decide to trade him. The Columbus Blue Jackets and Montreal Canadiens are two clubs in need of a scoring forward, but Garrioch speculates the asking price could be a top defenseman or a second-line center plus a prospect and a pick. Other interested clubs could include the Boston Bruins, Buffalo Sabres, Detroit Red Wings, New York Rangers, Minnesota Wild and Florida Panther

My grandson could have wrote that

Blinny

This is the Sway
Jan 6, 2010
Dorchester
The defense needs to be upgraded to get to Tampa level

It would be just half effort if they only add Dads.
This is an offseason where Sweeney can take advatage of other teams
I agree. But if Dadonov is the offensive pickup and we add the defense I am extremely happy. Personally I am a fan of trying to get Sergachev from TB

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
What do you mean with this part? Seems negative. If josh Anderson is acquired, that’d be a plus, so long as the package going the other way isn’t bad.

I’d rather sign a Top 6 winger since that’s our main need. We need some prospects at center but we’re set NHL wise especially Top 9 center. We have Coyle, one of the better 3rd line centers in the league.

Build from the net out. OEL would give us three legitimate defenseman. He’s a #1 pairing guy. Now, I’d rather AP but if we land OEL, that’s huge for the future.
This is right on the money, all of it!:thumbu:

Reactions: BruinsFanSince94
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad