Management Sweeney: "Were Looking To Make Changes" IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
Jesus Christ will this team let Krug go already..................5'9 undersized Dman is almost 30 dont tie down this team with a shit contract for 6 years.....................
I keep hoping to see that his rights have been traded because I know he’s getting one of those contracts that’s a mistake quickly

Reactions: Gordoff

TobanWest

Jan 28, 2020
Spitballing here:

BOS: OEL, Rights to Hall
ARZ: Zboril/Vakkaneinen, Richie, 1st, 3rd

BOS: 1st
EDM: Debrusk, Moore, 2nd, Prospect

COL: Rask, 3rd, Prospect

BOS: 3rd
Rights to Krug

HALL: 8x6
ANDERSON: 3.5x2
LEHNER: 5x4

Hall Krejci Pastrnak
Marchand Bergeron Studnika
Kase Coyle Anderson
Kuraly Frederic Wagner
Senyshyn

OEL McAvoy
Gryzlyk Carlo
Lauzon Clifton
Zboril/Vakkaneinen

Lehner
Halak

Rebuilds on the fly, shakes team up, deep group, sets up the team for another 3-4 years, let's goalies develop and adds toughness and size with OEL being a bigger KRUG, Frederic beating people and Anderson hitting everything.
Adding 20 million ish and subtracting about the same. Doable.

Reactions: bbfan419

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
So AP is going to play above Mac as they are both right dee, AP is the better one right now. I do not see them getting a right dee when they need a left to replace Krug and Chara. No way Mac wants to play down to the 2nd spot.

Reactions: Gordoff and Dr Hook

BAD BOY

Mar 24, 2018
Peabody, Mass
Spitballing here:

Rights to Krug

Hall Krejci Pastrnak
Kase Coyle Anderson
Kuraly Frederic Wagner
Senyshyn

OEL McAvoy
Gryzlyk Carlo
Lauzon Clifton
Zboril/Vakkaneinen

Lehner
Halak

Rebuilds on the fly, shakes team up, deep group, sets up the team for another 3-4 years, let's goalies develop and adds toughness and size with OEL being a bigger KRUG, Frederic beating people and Anderson hitting everything.
AZ I doubt does that deal. Everything else has a chance imo plus bruins would be taking on all that money as well

Reactions: Gordoff

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
It would be the Leafs in reverse.

What I don’t understand with these AP and OEL supposed Bruins interest is that they drafted D in round 1+2 for years, have Lauzon-Clifton-Zboril-Vaak good enough for learning on the 3rd pairing and moving up on the cheap.

Why tie up 8+ and spending assets in OEL case when this cap space should go to a top UFA F like Hall-Hoffman-Dadonov or a trade?

Makes no sense to me.

Reactions: bbfan419 and ylekot

BAD BOY

Mar 24, 2018
Peabody, Mass
So AP is going to play above Mac as they are both right dee, AP is the better one right now. I do not see them getting a right dee when they need a left to replace Krug and Chara. No way Mac wants to play down to the 2nd spot.
I agree. But do you get a left who’s just a left do you have any in mind.

Greek_physique

Caron - Legit SNIPER
Jul 9, 2004
Toronto, Ont
What I don’t understand with these AP and OEL supposed Bruins interest is that they drafted D in round 1+2 for years, have Lauzon-Clifton-Zboril-Vaak good enough for learning on the 3rd pairing and moving up on the cheap.

Why tie up 8+ and spending assets in OEL case when this cap space should go to a top UFA F like Hall-Hoffman-Dadonov or a trade?

Makes no sense to me.

When you want a specific talent, regardless the position, you just want it.

They can figure out the other gaps via UFA or trades.

With AP, you know exactly what your getting...with Hoffman...its questionable

Reactions: BAD BOY

TobanWest

Jan 28, 2020
AZ I doubt does that deal. Everything else has a chance imo plus bruins would be taking on all that money as well

Money seems to be a wash. Agree a bit on the OEL offer but that's a pretty good offer for a team that needs space and has been bent over a barrel with this trade.

I just like the idea of adding players that want to be here.

Reactions: BAD BOY

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX

Makes no sense to me.

The draft is always a crap shoot, especially where the Bruins typically pick, but even middle first rounders are as much miss as hit. I think there is a spot for one or two of them: Lauzon is adept at RD, and Cliffy is RD, so you have one spot for Zboril or Vaak on a third pair, may the best one win. Chara doesn't come back, Krug goes and you have Gryz as your best LHD. I love the guy, but he is a second pairing level guy to me- a good one in my view, but not the guy that can eat 22+ minutes a night against top lines. You can't have Zboril or Vaak doing that either, so I figure that is the reasoning behind OEL.

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
I agree. But do you get a left who’s just a left do you have any in mind.
They seem to be in on OEL, that makes sense if Krug walks and Chara is not signed. He fills that gap or a guy like Dillon but I do not think he is a #1 guy like OEL. I just do not see grabbing a #1 RD (Petro) when we already have one in Mac.

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
The draft is always a crap shoot, especially where the Bruins typically pick, but even middle first rounders are as much miss as hit. I think there is a spot for one or two of them: Lauzon is adept at RD, and Cliffy is RD, so you have one spot for Zboril or Vaak on a third pair, may the best one win. Chara doesn't come back, Krug goes and you have Gryz as your best LHD. I love the guy, but he is a second pairing level guy to me- a good one in my view, but not the guy that can eat 22+ minutes a night against top lines. You can't have Zboril or Vaak doing that either, so I figure that is the reasoning behind OEL.

I can’t find the reasoning with adding a 8.5M cap hit D when you have few cap space, need at F, options at D at ELC money and McAvoy watching this and having an easy request of 9M+ cause he’s better.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Someone posted a fake Rick Dhaliwal account in Vancouver that the Canucks landed OEL.

I honestly have never heard so much about the Bruins and have been so ready to be let down.

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
Spitballing here:

Rights to Krug

Hall Krejci Pastrnak
Kase Coyle Anderson
Kuraly Frederic Wagner
Senyshyn

OEL McAvoy
Gryzlyk Carlo
Lauzon Clifton
Zboril/Vakkaneinen

Lehner
Halak

EDM and COL deals are super overpays.

And Grzelcyk playing in the top 4 is not a good sign

Bodit9

Oct 22, 2016
Upstate NY
They seem to be in on OEL, that makes sense if Krug walks and Chara is not signed. He fills that gap or a guy like Dillon but I do not think he is a #1 guy like OEL. I just do not see grabbing a #1 RD (Petro) when we already have one in Mac.

I like AP but don't see a reason to get him. McAvoy is fine as our top RD now & the future. They desperately need a LD. Krug isn't worth what he wants & Chara looks cooked as a top 4.

Don Cherry

Sep 28, 2017
did not mean an insult, just that Carlo is worth way more, 6'5" RHD top 4 guys are worth a lot more than you are offering here.
He doesn't play 6 '5" and never will only for a couple games after Neely says he needs to be more physical. It doesn't matter in the least how big he is.

Don't worry about the insult.:)

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
I can’t find the reasoning with adding a 8.5M cap hit D when you have few cap space, need at F, options at D at ELC money and McAvoy watching this and having an easy request of 9M+ cause he’s better.

Well I don't get the logic of adding AP either from a Bruins point of view. OEL I can see why easily. Look at it this way, if Krug walks and Chara is gone, and they can move Moore, they end up with a better LD going into next season for less money. There is still room to sign someone like Dadonov who Dom think is about a lock to come to Boston.

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
The more i think about it. The more i feel like the best fit for boston that wouldnt break the bank is craig smith. Reliable right shot vet who would fit well with what coyle wants to do.

i also really like the idea of getting zadorov back in a rask deal. That dude is mean

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad