Management Sweeney: "Were Looking To Make Changes" IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

tonino2424

Sep 28, 2005
My grandson could have wrote that

Dom,

There has been a lot of talk the past few weeks of lots of trades and free agents signings could happen in the next couple of weeks with big names being involved. Is this just talk or do you see this actually being a reality? If yes, is Don S. really looking to make big changes? What kind of transactions are we talking about? Your opinion is very much welcomed.

TIA

Reactions: Gordoff

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
I agree. But if Dadonov is the offensive pickup and we add the defense I am extremely happy. Personally I am a fan of trying to get Sergachev from TB
Sorry, NEVER gonna happen. FIrst off the picks would end up becoming superstar players in TB. Second is that DS is not the "going rogue" kind of fella!

Blinny

This is the Sway
Jan 6, 2010
Dorchester
Sorry, NEVER gonna happen. FIrst off the picks would become superstar players in TB. Second is that DS is not the "going rogue" kind of fella!
Pipe dream it may be, but I am willing to shift the picks for him. He and McAvoy would be an incredible top unit

Flannelman

Quiet, Gnashgab.
Dec 3, 2006
If you trade Krecji who replaces him.

Keep in mind this is a guy who recorded 73 points last year with 0 right wing and was on pace for 55-60 points again this past season with a revolving door at right wing.

Coyle is a great center but he is the perfect 3rd line center on a contending team as he does not produce enough offense to be a consistent 2nd line center.

Krecji is a # 1 center on most other teams and would get to play with top end talent on those teams and I could see him eclipsing a point per game playing with those players.

Guaranteed if Krecji plays with Marchand and Pasta he goes above 80 points a season.

I truly believe this guys wants to retire a Bruin and will take a team friendly deal on his next contract and could be a very good 3rd center as his career dwindles.

great post, largely agree.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Too funny.

Dom, do you see the NHL holding back trades etc...for draft days? A zoom draft might be a little dry.

Absolutely not

Dom,

There has been a lot of talk the past few weeks of lots of trades and free agents signings could happen in the next couple of weeks with big names being involved. Is this just talk or do you see this actually being a reality? If yes, is Don S. really looking to make big changes? What kind of transactions are we talking about? Your opinion is very much welcomed.

TIA

This will be an offseason like never before

The Bruins? Hard to get any information from the Bruins. Their lips are tighter then Fort Knox. But if you talk to agents and people from other organizations, they'll tell you Sweeney's phone is busy.

Gordoff

Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
People have been speculating on here that maybe Rask would be traded, possible to Edmonton BUT: Doesn't he have a NMC? I'm assuming that he does, so that being the case why would he ever waive to go to Edmonton?

Last edited:

tonino2424

Sep 28, 2005
Absolutely not

The Bruins? Hard to get any information from the Bruins. Their lips are tighter then Fort Knox. But if you talk to agents and people from other organizations, they'll tell you Sweeney's phone is busy.

TYVM for your response. :)

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I agree. But if Dadonov is the offensive pickup and we add the defense I am extremely happy. Personally I am a fan of trying to get Sergachev from TB

I agree, I like Dads but on his own he’s not big enough game changer

With Dads especially if they get rid of Moore they have money to spend on defense

Gordoff

Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
DeBrusk
Rask
Moore
1st
Rights to Krug

OEL (15% retained)
Kuemper
Rights to Hall

One stop shopping....:laugh: Glad I'm not a GM
Okay I'm gonna be the jerk here:
Arizona wants to shed salary. I would think that they want draft picks and guys on an ELC and/or prospects.
Even though the weather is nice there etc I doubt Rask would sign off on going there.
Going from a contender to the dysfunctionality of the Coyotes is another issue altogether.

Mpasta

Oct 6, 2008
If you trade Krecji who replaces him.

Keep in mind this is a guy who recorded 73 points last year with 0 right wing and was on pace for 55-60 points again this past season with a revolving door at right wing.

Coyle is a great center but he is the perfect 3rd line center on a contending team as he does not produce enough offense to be a consistent 2nd line center.

Krecji is a # 1 center on most other teams and would get to play with top end talent on those teams and I could see him eclipsing a point per game playing with those players.

Guaranteed if Krecji plays with Marchand and Pasta he goes above 80 points a season.

I truly believe this guys wants to retire a Bruin and will take a team friendly deal on his next contract and could be a very good 3rd center as his career dwindles.

Why do people say the bolded? It's just not true. And I like Krejci.

Reactions: Don Cherry

analyser

Jan 7, 2014
Please for the sake of myself and many others on this board DS do not pursue Chiasson or Athanasiou as part of the team's re-tooling.

Do not make these dumb trades just for the sake of saying oh we are active in the trade market and trying to improve. See fans.

I agree, changes need to be made which includes saying goodbye to Krug. I think OEL would be a good addition but we also need at least 1 or 2 more offensive threats. Be creative and trade away some players for the improvement of the team. (Debrusk, Rask, Carlo, etc.) This team needs new blood if it hopes to really win another cup anytime soon.

Come on DS be a real GM and do not just pretend that you are going to make all these great trades. Do not add anymore duds please.

Don Cherry

Sep 28, 2017
OTTAWA SUN: Bruce Garrioch reports there will be no shortage of suitors for Laine if the Jets decide to trade him. The Columbus Blue Jackets and Montreal Canadiens are two clubs in need of a scoring forward, but Garrioch speculates the asking price could be a top defenseman or a second-line center plus a prospect and a pick. Other interested clubs could include the Boston Bruins, Buffalo Sabres, Detroit Red Wings, New York Rangers, Minnesota Wild and Florida Panther
I'm sure Sweeney contacts these teams. In the end, however, we will hear this: "There were guys out there that we liked, but prices were too high. Teams were interested in our great young prospects and we're simply not willing to deal them away."

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
Absolutely not

I'm expecting continental shifts in NHL talent.

Am I going to be disappointed?

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
fwiw many media guys have at some point in the last few weeks said this is the most wild offseason. Heck Dom said the same thing today. At this point I'm inclined to believe GMs are actually engaging in some wild trade talks.

I think that a lot of GM’s are probably reluctant to “set the market” so to speak at this time.

Too many variables between teams right now and you’d think that nobody wants to be the first to get hosed.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Pry hannifin from Calgary for debrusk. Sign hall right after . Hannifin takes krug spot and hall takes Jake's. Then donny can he do his fantasy trade for oel. Vak 2021 1st round pick and grez something like that. Oel is expensive so you gotta pay up. Dump moore for a 7th for cap savings. Let's go !!!

your NHL 20 franchises must be wild haha

Reactions: Dizzay
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->