• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
So with the stories out there that DK told Sweeney weeks ago he wasn’t coming back, does that change anyone’s view on how his free agent spending spree looks? If he knew and still didn’t address it that makes me even more angry than if he had assumed Krejci was coming back. At least if thought that he was trying to improve the roster. With Sweeney knowing he wasn’t that makes his signing of bottom of the roster types even more negligent
1000% percent. WTF was he thinking with all available centers. I don’t get pissed at sports moves. Maybe disappointed but this just got me pissed man.

Reactions: LSCII

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
If he knew that long ago he needs to be fired asap. Im more on the “he lowballed” him camp. Why would krejci take this long?
This might have legs but if not, you absolutely have to put a hard deadline on his decision.

Richard Lather

Jan 28, 2020
I held off on voting until we knew about Krejci's plans for the future.

Maybe Sweeney pulls a rabbit from a hat and gets a top 6 center and a 2/3 LH defenseman. I don't have much confidence in him right now.

Pre Krejci leaving I'd probably give him a B- / C+. Now that Krejci is gone he's getting a D, no question.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Yeah, except that 23 in 35 was with the corpse of DeBrusk and Smith

Krejci and Debrusk played a total for 65 minutes together last year so that is not true. Ritchie was krejcis primary LW until Hall came and then Craig smith started the year between the third and first lines before settling on the 2nd line.
Krejci played 110 minutes with pastrnak on his RW. The majority of minutes the first 20 games on krejcis RW were split between pasta, studnicka, Debrusk, kuhlman and Kase.

As far as krejci and Debrusk goes though they barely played together all season.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
I just can’t help but think about how Sweeney inherited Tuukka,Marchand, bergy and krejci in their young 30s and mid to late 20s, chara still playing at a high level, one of the top offensive D in Krug and pasta. Yet hasn’t been able to build around them to win a cup. It’s embarrassing.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
Have to think Sweeney knew this was coming.

We all knew the day was coming, whether this year or next.

2 key moments in the Bruins history to have had the next in line. Bruins trade Seguin for what has literally amounted to nothing. The draft that was so bad we aren't allowed to talk about it anymore.

Krejci has served us very well over the years, but the search for the next in line could have been hashed out years ago.

Bruins biggest needs:
#1LD
#2C

Pros: Bruins retooled their bottom 6, which I like. They added some size to their D.

Cons: They didn't address the two key positions most needed. They still have time... But without that, they are at a solid C- to me.

JAD

Old School
Sponsor
Nov 19, 2009
Florida
I held off on voting until we knew about Krejci's plans for the future.

Maybe Sweeney pulls a rabbit from a hat and gets a top 6 center and a 2/3 LH defenseman. I don't have much confidence in him right now.

Pre Krejci leaving I'd probably give him a B- / C+. Now that Krejci is gone he's getting a D, no question.

This is much the same as I feel.
They now have a Huge hole at 2C, where it sounds like they will keep throwing mix and match patchwork hoping something sticks.

What happens if Bergeron is out for any length of time? I don't even want to think about it.

We have been feasting for the last decade, but it looks very lean going forward at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad