Management Sweeney/Neely-Grade offseason moves

Grade offseason moves

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Like to see grades as to how Don and management did today (bulk of the moves for the offseason).

Does the team inch closer to be able to beat the top teams from the east?

Last edited:

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
A- : if they resign Krejci

C : if they don’t

I mean what cap space is left??

Bruins would have to trade out Grz, Debrusk

It feels like the whole Krug/Chara incident again. Don doesnt want to look like the bad guy... put onus on Krejci/camp. But nothing to work with

Reactions: Gordoff

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Since I correctly on HF gave you fine folks
The expansion protection list
The exact Hall terms
The Krejci contract breakdown
The exact contract at 6:22 this morning for
Ullmark 5/20

I’ll go first

A-

I dropped him a few points for not getting the Seabrooke contract and increasing payroll to 87 M

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston

It feels like the whole Krug/Chara incident again. Don doesnt want to look like the bad guy... put onus on Krejci/camp. But nothing to work with

wagner to the minors gives you 3 mill in cap space

sign Krejci 1x3 with 2 mill in bonus

Reactions: GloveSave1

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
Improved d core sort of. Significant improvement to bottom 6. Currently 2nd line is way worse. Goalie is probably about the same although now its cheaper and way more risky since they are banking on a rookie and the hopes a goalie with average numbers for a horrible team with no pressure was impacted by said team and really is worth the money of a goalie with good numbers and will be good with far more pressure to succeed.

goalie-wash, although it could be better or worse significantly i put both odds equal so wash.

defense- maybe better? Forbort is probably comp to miller but should at least play every night and can hopefully improve mcavoys offensive game the way he did doughtys but still underwhelming day there.

forwards-wash. The improvements although significant to lines 3 and 4 are only just enough to equal the major downgrade the bruins now face (at this time) at 2nd line center

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002

They are dealing DeBrusk & Wagner gone

they got enough for Krejci who likely has a 1/3 in bonus allowing room

all good

I’m curious if Donny goes yard on this move or settles for draft picks

lot of rumors out there

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Way too early for me to give DS an offseason grade since I think there are still some moves to be made to hopefully fill a couple holes. One major positive for me is that DS has not brought in any passengers. Every single new player he has brought in today has a good motor and is a hard competitor. That matters.

s3antana5757

Feb 15, 2014
Big fat F for me, borders on a J

Signing a goalie when we have 2 guys that appear to be capable on ELCs and one of the best PO goalies ever likely coming back and giving him term with no movement is beyond stupid.

Forbort is underwhelming

I like Nosek and has a good cap hit

Foglino and Haula are redundant and a waste of money

Reilly is redundant with Gryz and doesn’t fill a need

This team is going to suck and we have way too much term on the books now

HooperDrivesTheBoat

2010-2011 CHAMPS!!!
May 29, 2007
LINY
Way too early for me to give DS an offseason grade since I think there are still some moves to be made to hopefully fill a couple holes. One major positive for me is that DS has not brought in any passengers. Every single new player he has brought in today has a good motor and is a hard competitor. That matters.

yeah, same here. Im still confused about the D situation and am concerned Krejci doesn’t sign, but Im going to wait until Donny’s done dealing this summer to render a grade.

Reactions: Gordoff and Ladyfan

RoccoF14

Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
I can't find fault with a single move he made today. Ullmark is a great hedge for Rask, and getting Foligno and Haula gives you a ton of options as well as a hedge at the Center position.

Really like the Nosek and Forbort moves as well. Getting Krejci signed is still important, but not as crucial as it was 24hrs ago.

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
Since I correctly on HF gave you fine folks
The expansion protection list
The exact Hall terms
The Krejci contract breakdown
The exact contract at 6:22 this morning for
Ullmark 5/20

I’ll go first

A-

I dropped him a few points for not getting the Seabrooke contract and increasing payroll to 87 M
I saw your protection list and Ullmark call... what was your Krejci contract breakdown?

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
initially was thinking a simple "improvement" vote but hell no, the bottom 6 that made me puke all season has been, in a major way, upgraded. Added a big D man, needed 2 IMO but can`t have it all. Also thought the team needed a vet goalie and he got that, not a massive fan of the term but that isn`t my problem

Very solid UFA day, Nosek and Foligno , toss in a sprinkle of Marchand, this team is gonna cause opponents fits

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
yeah, same here. Im still confused about the D situation and am concerned Krejci doesn’t sign, but Im going to wait until Donny’s done dealing this summer to render a grade.

I really think he is done. He even signed the two way players

Debrusk value is too low right now.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Way to early for me. I like the players he brought in but their all bottom six players, which was needed, but there's still a few large question marks for me.

Like without Krejci, they don't have a surefire number two center and if Bergy ever goes down for any length of time, well it could be a very long season, add to that without a true shutdown left-side defenseman ullmark at times may think he's back in Buffalo.

For me I give him a C-, still to many what ifs and he failed to address the three main issues heading into the FA Frenzy and he managed to burn 19 of the 20 mil in cap space he had.

Grant it the off -season isn't done yet but as of right now, I cant justify giving him anything higher.

Last edited:

GloveSave1

*** 15 ***
Jun 11, 2003
N.Windham, CT
B

Love what they did with the forwards. Love. They can still play around with the DeBrusks of the world, but they have what they need. Compete, talent, and leadership on lines 1-3…and a wrecking ball 4th line. Depth to spare.

Krejci will get done.

The defense is still light on the big guys that carry the weight, but they made the absolute must add in Forbort. Reilly is a useful piece. They like him a lot, just like Gryz - so that’s that. Okay. But I don’t like Zboril and Vaak as our depth guys…but it’s July…

Goaltending. Brought in a goalie with tuns of ceiling that takes worrying about Rask all year off the table. Got a 3rd for Vladar. Good work.

Spent a good chunk of change, but so what? It’s go time. Pedal down.

Last edited:

TP70BruinsCup

Let’s Go Bruins👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
Nov 16, 2019
North of Leafland
I gave it a B. Some good moves, some to see how they pan out, need Krejci signed which seems will happen. Then it’s close to an A……but still need help in a big way on D.

Overall though much better than I thought.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Haula - Love it
Nosek - Like it
Reilly - Meh
Vladar - Meh
Forbort - Dislike it
Foligno - Hate it
Ullmark - Why?

Right now it's averaging to a C-. If Krejci comes back then a solid B/B+.

Still a lot of work to do though. this can't be the final roster in October. Debrusk or Ritchie is going to be traded, maybe for a D-man, maybe to clear space for Krejci. But Don really needs to get 46 back and to address the defense more.

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
Forbort: C - Like what he brings but would like it much more if they had the first pairing settled in a way that made me feel any kind of comfortable. They’d need to acquire a #2 and then adding Forbort is better

Haula: A - Seems to be a perfect match and on a short term deal for not crazy money. He’s going to add a lot to the bottom 6 they didn’t have.

Nosel: B+ - Similar to Haula. Fills what they lost with Nordstrom and again fits exactly what they needed. Fact is the bottom six is much better today. The fact that they needed to do this in free agency and haven’t been able to plug these same holes internally is a whole other conversation. I’m grading the moves on their value alone.

Folgino: B - Money seems a bit high but can’t deny I do love the thought of what he could bring here. Feels like an old school B’s player. Hope it’s true last year’s performance was just due to injury. He could be invaluable in the playoffs if that is the case.

Ullmark: B - I almost don’t want to grade it until we see him play but I’m not upset like others are. I’m sorry but the thought of opening the season with Swayman/Vladar was gross. I can’t believe there are people here who wanted to complete for the Cup but roll out with this until Feb. What I’m reading on the main board has me encouraged. People who watched him said he was dramatically improved and was extremely impressive despite the incompetence in front of him. Good age, up and coming and highly touted prospect coming off his best year seems okay to me. Just look at the Keumper trade if you feel too bad.

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Too early still for me.

I assume Krejci will come back, but I am very concerned at the idea of just pushing his salary into Bonus money. Basically the last time the Bruins did that, it exploded in their face. Was a terrible mistake and basically started a series of events that ended with Chiarelli losing his job.

Not sure how much any of it matters if this team is still counting on Matt Gryzelcyk to be first pairing LHD next spring. That is a MASSIVE gap in the lineup that must be filled.

If he could move DeBrusk+ Gryz and get a legitimate top pairing D man, then it could be an A+ offseason. But as long as Gryz is first pair LHD I can't go above B

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad