Management Sweeney/Neely-Grade offseason moves

Grade offseason moves

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
Have to think Sweeney knew this was coming.

We all knew the day was coming, whether this year or next.

2 key moments in the Bruins history to have had the next in line. Bruins trade Seguin for what has literally amounted to nothing. The draft that was so bad we aren't allowed to talk about it anymore.

Krejci has served us very well over the years, but the search for the next in line could have been hashed out years ago.

Bruins biggest needs:
#1LD
#2C

Pros: Bruins retooled their bottom 6, which I like. They added some size to their D.

Cons: They didn't address the two key positions most needed. They still have time... But without that, they are at a solid C- to me.

they may have time to address the 2 big needs but they are now unfortunately out of money

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
I waited awhile to see how things would wash out before casting my vote. Even now there may be a move or two left, but I strongly suspect they'll only be minor and Sweeney is substantially done for this offseason.

In the end I've landed firmly on a disappointed 'D'. In the forwards the top 6 has regressed. Signing Hall to a good new deal was great but the loss of Krejci is huge and the plan to replace him with whatever works out of Coyle, Studnicka and maybe Foligno is absurdly inadequate and reliant on Coyle or Stud springing a massive surprise for it work out. That's bad management. If I were to nit-pick, I'd also say that having Smith as the only viable option for 2RW, other than sometimes switching Pasta into that spot, is a concern. I think Smith is fine in that role, but having one more guy who could realistically have stepped up into it should form, injury or chemistry have necessitated it would have been ideal. Foligno at this stage in his career is not that guy.

The bottom 6 does look better. Plenty of options to choose from here, indeed probably too many. Haula, Nosek and Foligno should all be ok, Lazar is solid, and I think we'll see more from Frederic this season. So our forward depth, which was a major issue in the playoffs, has at least improved.

On defense we've subtracted Lauzon and Miller and added Forbort, and kept Reilly on a reasonable deal. Kampfer is gone, Moore means nothing to me at this point, and I don't see Zboril or Vaak progressing beyond 3rd pair guys at best. So I'd say our D is exactly where it was at the end of last season, and given we knew that wasn't good enough, then it beggars belief that it hasn't been upgraded. I think it will do a decent job in the regular season, although lack of depth might bite quickly if injuries occur at anything close to recent rates, but as it stands this is not a playoff-calibre defense.

In net, I'm happy. Will miss Vladar, but bringing in a proven performer was 100% the right thing to do, and Ullmark is a really solid goalie. Swayman has his chance to get properly established in the NHL without too much pressure. If Rask is truly done then that's a shame, but it was impossible to just wait on him in the circumstances.

All told, I think the Bruins right now have a better team than they did coming into the 2021 season, even without Krej, because Hall and Reilly are now here, Forbort just about covers for the absence of Lauzon and Miller, Clifton is a better player than he was 7 months ago, and our forward bottom 6 is better. But at best it is equivalent with the playoffs team, because the gaping hole at 2C more than cancels out the forward improvements elsewhere, and our D and goaltending are about the same.

So I'll give Sweeney ticks for boosting forward depth, retaining Hall and Reilly on good contracts, and bringing in Ullmark. But failure to properly replace Krejci or add a genuine top 4 LD is simply unacceptable given the Bruins' circumstances and cap situation. This team is no better than the one that was pretty convincingly bundled out of the 2nd round just a couple of months ago, and the GM is dreaming if he expects different results with essentially the same calibre squad next spring. The Bruins are openly just treading water now and hoping to get super lucky, and I've never been a fan of that kind of strategy in pro sports.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
I waited awhile to see how things would wash out before casting my vote. Even now there may be a move or two left, but I strongly suspect they'll only be minor and Sweeney is substantially done for this offseason.

In the end I've landed firmly on a disappointed 'D'. In the forwards the top 6 has regressed. Signing Hall to a good new deal was great but the loss of Krejci is huge and the plan to replace him with whatever works out of Coyle, Studnicka and maybe Foligno is absurdly inadequate and reliant on Coyle or Stud springing a massive surprise for it work out. That's bad management. If I were to nit-pick, I'd also say that having Smith as the only viable option for 2RW, other than sometimes switching Pasta into that spot, is a concern. I think Smith is fine in that role, but having one more guy who could realistically have stepped up into it should form, injury or chemistry have necessitated it would have been ideal. Foligno at this stage in his career is not that guy.

The bottom 6 does look better. Plenty of options to choose from here, indeed probably too many. Haula, Nosek and Foligno should all be ok, Lazar is solid, and I think we'll see more from Frederic this season. So our forward depth, which was a major issue in the playoffs, has at least improved.

On defense we've subtracted Lauzon and Miller and added Forbort, and kept Reilly on a reasonable deal. Kampfer is gone, Moore means nothing to me at this point, and I don't see Zboril or Vaak progressing beyond 3rd pair guys at best. So I'd say our D is exactly where it was at the end of last season, and given we knew that wasn't good enough, then it beggars belief that it hasn't been upgraded. I think it will do a decent job in the regular season, although lack of depth might bite quickly if injuries occur at anything close to recent rates, but as it stands this is not a playoff-calibre defense.

In net, I'm happy. Will miss Vladar, but bringing in a proven performer was 100% the right thing to do, and Ullmark is a really solid goalie. Swayman has his chance to get properly established in the NHL without too much pressure. If Rask is truly done then that's a shame, but it was impossible to just wait on him in the circumstances.

All told, I think the Bruins right now have a better team than they did coming into the 2021 season, even without Krej, because Hall and Reilly are now here, Forbort just about covers for the absence of Lauzon and Miller, Clifton is a better player than he was 7 months ago, and our forward bottom 6 is better. But at best it is equivalent with the playoffs team, because the gaping hole at 2C more than cancels out the forward improvements elsewhere, and our D and goaltending are about the same.

So I'll give Sweeney ticks for boosting forward depth, retaining Hall and Reilly on good contracts, and bringing in Ullmark. But failure to properly replace Krejci or add a genuine top 4 LD is simply unacceptable given the Bruins' circumstances and cap situation. This team is no better than the one that was pretty convincingly bundled out of the 2nd round just a couple of months ago, and the GM is dreaming if he expects different results with essentially the same calibre squad next spring. The Bruins are openly just treading water now and hoping to get super lucky, and I've never been a fan of that kind of strategy in pro sports.

Sweeney didnt have that much capital to shore up the bottom 6 and replace 2c and get a solid goalie etc.

Its the side effect of mediocre drafting since 2015. Saving grace could come in the form of Studnicka making a leap. Same with Frederic. There is a wink of daylight of hope for Senyshyn.

Also not much to work with in UFA market for a 2C. Even if Bruins knew way back that Krejci wasnt going to return. Don was not going to silly overpay for someone like Hyman. Sounds like Coleman was close to signing ... would have been a sweet pickup

So if all else fails, Don only choice would be to trade for a 2C at the trade deadline. It wont be cheap. For example it could have cost Lysell (2021 1st) as an appetizer. I wouldnt want that

Lets just hope someone can "rise" to 2C. Sometimes all it takes is chemistry vs top skill

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Sweeney didnt have that much capital to shore up the bottom 6 and replace 2c and get a solid goalie etc.

Its the side effect of mediocre drafting since 2015. Saving grace could come in the form of Studnicka making a leap. Same with Frederic. There is a wink of daylight of hope for Senyshyn.

Also not much to work with in UFA market for a 2C. Even if Bruins knew way back that Krejci wasnt going to return. Don was not going to silly overpay for someone like Hyman. Sounds like Coleman was close to signing ... would have been a sweet pickup

So if all else fails, Don only choice would be to trade for a 2C at the trade deadline. It wont be cheap. For example it could have cost Lysell (2021 1st) as an appetizer. I wouldnt want that

Lets just hope someone can "rise" to 2C. Sometimes all it takes is chemistry vs top skill

Yeah I agree, the market for a top 6 center in this offseason was slim, and the Bruins asset cupboard is pretty bare. Sweeney's again paying the price for years of mediocre management. I think the point on the drafting is well made - we've all known for years that at some stage our mutually aging centers were going to see one bow out eventually, and it's shocking that Studnicka is the closest thing we have to a possible replacement. I like Jack but he's had a disappointing 2021 and to expect him to now jump from a guy who can't even secure a regular spot in the team to a top 6 position is a huge ask. I think Don also thought he had his solution in Coyle at one point, but that also now feels wildly optimistic. Otherwise Reinhart was available but it's impossible to know whether the Bruins ever had a realistic shot at landing him, Coleman I'm not that keen on personally and he didn't wind up here anyway, and that's about it.

So I understand why replacing Krejci was difficult, but I think the blame for that still largely falls at Sweeney's door due to his past errors. But as you can say, all we can hope at this point is that Stud or someone else springs a surprise.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Yeah I agree, the market for a top 6 center in this offseason was slim, and the Bruins asset cupboard is pretty bare. Sweeney's again paying the price for years of mediocre management. I think the point on the drafting is well made - we've all known for years that at some stage our mutually aging centers were going to see one bow out eventually, and it's shocking that Studnicka is the closest thing we have to a possible replacement. I like Jack but he's had a disappointing 2021 and to expect him to now jump from a guy who can't even secure a regular spot in the team to a top 6 position is a huge ask. I think Don also thought he had his solution in Coyle at one point, but that also now feels wildly optimistic. Otherwise Reinhart was available but it's impossible to know whether the Bruins ever had a realistic shot at landing him, Coleman I'm not that keen on personally and he didn't wind up here anyway, and that's about it.

So I understand why replacing Krejci was difficult, but I think the blame for that still largely falls at Sweeney's door due to his past errors. But as you can say, all we can hope at this point is that Stud or someone else springs a surprise.

Sabres would in all likelyhood not trade Reinhart to the Bruins. Unless it was for a big overpay. Adams would be fired on the spot. Their fans are still are fuming with Taylor Hall thiefery by the Bruins.

Overall not easy to replace a 2C. A legit 2C anyways. In some ways its more valued than a 1C. Less salary to pay. Teams rather keep that 2C for the long haul

During FA period.... these 2C/agent, try to get 1C money

Lets just hope one of Stud, Coyle, Foligno, Haula... can do 2C justice. Makes life easier when you have wingers like Hall and Smith

PacificNWBruin

Apr 23, 2015
Netherlands
Changed my vote to a D. Without Krejci or suitable replacement. Management failed. You’re putting too many eggs in the basket that Coyle/Stud/etc are going to step in seamlessly to fill the 2C? I just don’t see how that’s acceptable. If Coyle had a good year and Stud was a lineup regular, sure.

I’ll still cheer them on. Sweeney and Neely have wasted the window for Bergy, Krejci, Marchand, Rask and Chara for too long. They are pretty bad at managing this team.

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Sabres would in all likelyhood not trade Reinhart to the Bruins. Unless it was for a big overpay. Adams would be fired on the spot. Their fans are still are fuming with Taylor Hall thiefery by the Bruins.

Overall not easy to replace a 2C. A legit 2C anyways. In some ways its more valued than a 1C. Less salary to pay. Teams rather keep that 2C for the long haul

During FA period.... these 2C/agent, try to get 1C money

Lets just hope one of Stud, Coyle, Foligno, Haula... can do 2C justice. Makes life easier when you have wingers like Hall and Smith

It's interesting how people have diametrically opposed opinions on whether Adams should simply have traded Reinhart for the best possible deal, or he should have factored in other things like the Hall situation, the feelings of the fans towards particular teams etc. I'm somewhere in the middle - in Adams' shoes I'd have asked for more from Boston than Florida, but I wouldn't have completely shut the door to the Bruins, or anyone else for that matter, should they have offered something really enticing. It's bad business to turn down a great deal just because your personal feelings have been hurt.

Regardless, I strongly suspect Reinhart had no interest in going to Boston anyway. He'll fit right in with the mobile, skilled, offensively-minded, crazy good top 6 they're building down in Sunrise.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Krejci in 16 games with Hall. 6-15-21

Krejci in the 35 games before Hall. 2-21-23

Hall drives the line. He’s the playmaker. Coyle and Smith “could” work with him Fingers crossed

They weren’t close to being good enough with Krejci they won’t be anywhere close to being good enough with Coyle.

Just too many holes.
C is garbage
Rw is weak
LD is nothing to brag about.
G is very unproven.

F from me

Reactions: capecodder

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
I just hope Sweeney knows that this can’t be the roster they go into the season with. Back to the divisions we were in two years ago again. So now we have the two teams who were in the Stanley cup final last year, Florida who had the 4th best record in the NHL and Toronto who had the 5th best record in the NHL.

We added a goalie, a 3rd pairing D and three forwards who has goal totals of 7, 8, and 9 goals last year. Not going to cut it especially considering we lost krejci, Clifton is a downgrade from Miller and even if we want to look on the bright side tuukka for ullmark swap is a wash.

Helsinki city boy

Jun 2, 2019
Helsinki

He overpaid for the goalie. He overpaid for the 3 third liners. He could have skipped Foligno (no matter how much Bergy wanted him), could have skipped that Reilly or d-man whose name i still dont remember and take Hakanpää and could have signed cheaper goalie to tutor Swayman. With that cap he could have signed for example Granlund, who has much more offensive capabilities than Foligno, Haula and Nosek all together.

This window has sucked totally. Signing Hall is little uppside, but still it was a poor effort. And as I said earlier this reminds me the worst years of Claude-era, when they signed bunch of third or fourth liners.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
They weren’t close to being good enough with Krejci they won’t be anywhere close to being good enough with Coyle.

Just too many holes.
C is garbage
Rw is weak
G is very unproven.

F from me

hall Studnicka Smith would be a carbon copy of the devils line where he won MVP. It can work, trust me. Only problem is will they actually give Jack a chance

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
hall Studnicka Smith would be a carbon copy of the devils line where he won MVP. It can work, trust me. Only problem is will they actually give Jack a chance

Is Studnicka better than last years Krejci?

Hall isn’t MVP Hall anymore and Stud isn’t Hischier.

This team wasn’t like Tampa that could downgrade in talent and a bit mix their own lines and still be a contender.

This was a team that needed to get better

LyndonByers

Nov 1, 2006
I never seen a GM so infatuated with the bottom part of his roster while ignoring the teams major holes. He lucked into Hall because Hall only wanted to play in Boston.

The forward group is littered with 3rd and 4th line players while the defence is softer then last year and built for regular season play.

All of this while having a history of terrible drafting. I see a shortsighted GM with no plan but for whatever reason gives off the public impression that he is smarter then everyone else. He lucked into having a very good core in place when he got the job and failed miserably to surround them. I don’t want this guy anywhere near their inevitable full rebuild.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Is Studnicka better than last years Krejci?

Hall isn’t MVP Hall anymore and Stud isn’t Hischier.

This team wasn’t like Tampa that could downgrade in talent and a bit mix their own lines and still be a contender.

This was a team that needed to get better

which Krejci? The 2-21-23 in 35 games one? The EVS one?

Tampa lost 4 of their top 9 and they aren’t worse than they were?

inactive user

Aug 20, 2020

The thing with Tampa is that they have players in their system that can fill the roles internally without having a major setback. We unfortunately cannot say the same. Tampa’s top 6, top 4, and goaltending is the same. They are still going to be very, very good.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
I doubt he can make any move to solve the 2nd line center.
Cassidy needs to stop being a dink and give Studnika a long look at center. He was one of the best in Providence.

Reactions: Bodit9

inactive user

Aug 20, 2020
I doubt he can make any move to solve the 2nd line center.
Cassidy needs to stop being a dink and give Studnika a long look at center. He was one of the best in Providence.
Why does everyone blame this on Cassidy? Studnicka hasn’t been good enough to earn a spot on the roster. It’s as simple as that.

Reactions: EverettMike

Flannelman

Quiet, Gnashgab.
Dec 3, 2006
Wow. Still flabbergast.

Perhaps there was an arrogance, here, in my thought that Krejci would come back. I thought it was a game with the media and other GMs but secretly, a no-brainer, a f***in’ gimmie of a tap-in when you’re two inches from the hole (golf or ah… other). Don’t blame DK, he doesn’t owe this organization squat.

Still torn on if SweeNeely knew or not. If they knew, they *really* played their hand wrong since before expansion.
All in all, I didn’t hate ‘FA Frenzy.’ In a silo, I like each individual signing. Nosek, Haula, Forbert and even Foligno. Ullmark was a surprise but I’m pretty ‘up’ on that move compared to the board. While none were ‘my’ guys, I like each individually and see what the pro scouting department is advising Sweeney to do.

That said, I don’t think this fixes the macro level - it’s a bit like the law of diminishing returns. You can only stick 10 pounds of crap in a 10-pound crap-barrel. The rest overflows and is waste. Sopping wet with inefficiency. Unless there are other moves to be made…

If they knew (DK46) prior to expansion… it stresses to me that they don’t have confidence in their own creativity. They walked into expansion with open protection spots (I would argue) and oodles of cap space; they could have made some creative gambits.

Here they be, up against the cap after addressing the little problems on their roster – not the big problems.

Going into the season at 2C: Coyle. Studnicka. Foligno? Haula?

All present a gamble, but I wonder if:

Marchy-Bergy-Smith
Hall-Stud-Pasta

Can be effective? Smith has show chemistry with those two. Hall the setup guy, Pasta the triggerman does make sense – can Studnicka keep up? Only training camp will tell.

Or if more defensive savvy is needed to let Hall/Pasta do their thing then Coyle… or Haula, I suppose.

Now, if they don’t believe in either rightfully taking the reins, what are they left with for trade assets to address 2C – especially long-term? Really DeBrusk is their best viable asset on the pro roster; the one who seems on the most outskirts of the organization’s tolerance level. As much as I think Gryz has the most trade value, from a non-core piece component, that’s not how I believe they view him. We are left with Jake and it takes the right GM who so happens to need a LW and is willing to take a gamble.

If they explore RFA status, while they have the 3rd from Vladar, they don’t have their own 3rd (OTT, Reilly); so they’d have to reacquire that one to provide an offersheet. Really the only guy is, you guessed it, Reinhart and Florida has just under 8M in space.

There is also Pettersson, who initially I didn’t think was eligible for an offer sheet but according to Sportnet, NHL's Top 13 RFAs of 2021: Latest rumours and reports , he is. But the ‘Nucks have about 14M in capspace – however, they also have to sign Hughes. Is it enough room for both players? Even if it is not, I’m not sure the Bruins have the fortitude to do something like that where they are pushing an AAV north of 8.222M at a player (2 firsts, a second and a third).

And even then, how would they clear the cap necessary to get there? They aren’t moving any of the players they sign signed. Not moving the top line. DeBrusk, 3.675 and John Moore, 2.75 – it doesn’t get you there.

By fixing the smaller issues first, they wasted their best asset – raw cap space. They had significantly more than 2/3rds the league (or more) and their lack of communication, adjacent to their concretized lack of creativity/imagination, now leaves them backed into a corner; their success hangs on too many ‘ifs’ and wishes/prayers.

Now, since this has turned into my ode for Mike/Alberta O’Reilly Fan, I ask the hockey gods a simple, hopeful question – can the Bruins get McAvoy on a steal of a deal? That would leave me with a much better feeling if he gets locked up, long-term.

Agent86

Jun 20, 2010
Missed it by That Much
Wow. Still flabbergast.

Perhaps there was an arrogance, here, in my thought that Krejci would come back. I thought it was a game with the media and other GMs but secretly, a no-brainer, a f***in’ gimmie of a tap-in when you’re two inches from the hole (golf or ah… other). Don’t blame DK, he doesn’t owe this organization squat.

Still torn on if SweeNeely knew or not. If they knew, they *really* played their hand wrong since before expansion.
All in all, I didn’t hate ‘FA Frenzy.’ In a silo, I like each individual signing. Nosek, Haula, Forbert and even Foligno. Ullmark was a surprise but I’m pretty ‘up’ on that move compared to the board. While none were ‘my’ guys, I like each individually and see what the pro scouting department is advising Sweeney to do.

That said, I don’t think this fixes the macro level - it’s a bit like the law of diminishing returns. You can only stick 10 pounds of crap in a 10-pound crap-barrel. The rest overflows and is waste. Sopping wet with inefficiency. Unless there are other moves to be made…

If they knew (DK46) prior to expansion… it stresses to me that they don’t have confidence in their own creativity. They walked into expansion with open protection spots (I would argue) and oodles of cap space; they could have made some creative gambits.

Here they be, up against the cap after addressing the little problems on their roster – not the big problems.

Going into the season at 2C: Coyle. Studnicka. Foligno? Haula?

All present a gamble, but I wonder if:

Marchy-Bergy-Smith
Hall-Stud-Pasta

Can be effective? Smith has show chemistry with those two. Hall the setup guy, Pasta the triggerman does make sense – can Studnicka keep up? Only training camp will tell.

Or if more defensive savvy is needed to let Hall/Pasta do their thing then Coyle… or Haula, I suppose.

Now, if they don’t believe in either rightfully taking the reins, what are they left with for trade assets to address 2C – especially long-term? Really DeBrusk is their best viable asset on the pro roster; the one who seems on the most outskirts of the organization’s tolerance level. As much as I think Gryz has the most trade value, from a non-core piece component, that’s not how I believe they view him. We are left with Jake and it takes the right GM who so happens to need a LW and is willing to take a gamble.

If they explore RFA status, while they have the 3rd from Vladar, they don’t have their own 3rd (OTT, Reilly); so they’d have to reacquire that one to provide an offersheet. Really the only guy is, you guessed it, Reinhart and Florida has just under 8M in space.

There is also Pettersson, who initially I didn’t think was eligible for an offer sheet but according to Sportnet, NHL's Top 13 RFAs of 2021: Latest rumours and reports , he is. But the ‘Nucks have about 14M in capspace – however, they also have to sign Hughes. Is it enough room for both players? Even if it is not, I’m not sure the Bruins have the fortitude to do something like that where they are pushing an AAV north of 8.222M at a player (2 firsts, a second and a third).

And even then, how would they clear the cap necessary to get there? They aren’t moving any of the players they sign signed. Not moving the top line. DeBrusk, 3.675 and John Moore, 2.75 – it doesn’t get you there.

By fixing the smaller issues first, they wasted their best asset – raw cap space. They had significantly more than 2/3rds the league (or more) and their lack of communication, adjacent to their concretized lack of creativity/imagination, now leaves them backed into a corner; their success hangs on too many ‘ifs’ and wishes/prayers.

Now, since this has turned into my ode for Mike/Alberta O’Reilly Fan, I ask the hockey gods a simple, hopeful question – can the Bruins get McAvoy on a steal of a deal? That would leave me with a much better feeling if he gets locked up, long-term.

Well done! I often read these boards and think that the world has gone bat shit crazy and then you come along and restore my faith in humanity. Balanced way to assess where we are today.

Your post is well reasoned and I do not think this year is as dire as all make it out to be. The next 5 after could be dicey but we'll kick that can down the road a bit. Today, look at every team and there are holes and roles filled by guys on ELC's, overpayments, great value, etc. This team as constructed will compete for a playoff spot and there is 6+ months to address areas that will need to be shored up.

There is the ability to create cap space - Wagner down, move Debrusk (I say start the season with him), find a team to take Moore (Arizona, Columbus, Ottawa?) or have him get the Hossa dippy-doodle-itis and bury him in LTIR.

I'm lucky in that I don't look back or worry about what I can't control. I have also seen this organization win 3 cups (and should have had a few more, oh well) so lucky again.

Can't predict the future but I am pretty confident I have maybe 15 - 20 years left on this blue spinning marble and it would be nice to see another couple of parades. And if not, that damn 2015 Draft thread will surely out last me.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015

Tampa has kept their core together, everyone in their core is still in it’s prime.

They don’t need high end talent, they lost bottom6 dept and just need to add some of that back.
Where Perry is a start.

Where as Boston needs high end talent.

I want to believe I don’t need to say Krejci is better than Studnicka

Babajingo

Gryz Forbert and Reilly = almost 10 mill for the next 3 years. Those 3 plus McAvoy and Carlo are your starting 5 of 6 D for the next 3 years.
When/if they make the playoffs, that corp is going to get dummied.
Said it before, better hope that Lohrei kid is the next coming of Pronger or Hedman.

I hope the FO has plans to improve this. I mean, I was thinking next year maybe they are taking a run at Nurse but they have to worry about getting McAvoy signed.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
I would definitely change my grade to a C after Krejci has left. If they knew he was leaving I think they should have really went after Danault who was signed to a very fair deal, but I think that this may have been unexpected and so they kind of made middle of the pack moves to leave room in case he returned but to also hedge themselves as well. Maybe they have a lot of faith in some of their new signings and/or Studnicka/Coyle

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut

Just too many holes.
C is garbage
Rw is weak
G is very unproven.

F from me

Sounds like a last place team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad