Prospect Info: Swedish Prospects 2021-22 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThankGord

Jul 11, 2018
GR, MI
Was that Theo that went down awkwardly by the boards and skated off? Haven't seen him out there in a bit.

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
Really like the creativity here:

I don't feel like linking them all. But for anyone that doesn't already know, IceHockeyGifs twitter already has several more clips from this game up

Reactions: mantha39

Konnan511

#RetireHronek17
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2008
Sarasota, FL
Filip Larsson the back up goalie in HV 71's 1st preseason game
That still makes me so mad. When the WIngs were toying with the idea of bringing in Larsson after his ONE season in college, I said it would be a terrible move and we'd regret it. He needed a lot more time in college and not to go to the shit Griffins. Everyone argued with me and now look at this scrub. Two more season in college, that's all he needed, I firmly believe he'd be a stud right now if he waited just two more seasons before becoming a pro.

Where'd I go? I think I blacked out for a second.

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
That still makes me so mad. When the WIngs were toying with the idea of bringing in Larsson after his ONE season in college, I said it would be a terrible move and we'd regret it. He needed a lot more time in college and not to go to the shit Griffins. Everyone argued with me and now look at this scrub. Two more season in college, that's all he needed, I firmly believe he'd be a stud right now if he waited just two more seasons before becoming a pro.

Where'd I go? I think I blacked out for a second.
...Didn't he have some horrific career-ending-for-goalies types of injuries?

GoBoltz56

Brisebois 1st Rounder
Jul 31, 2004
Tampa and Michigan
Oooof, again, as pointed out many times by myself, I'm not the sharpest lightbulb in the crayon shed. Well, he was going downhill before that regardless. Right?
I actually don't recall when it happened, but I have it in my mind that it was right around the time he started to decline.

Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really
I'm starting to think that Edvinsson isn't a bad passer by any means, he's just got to improve his pass selection. Not because he's dumb, but because he gets cocky. He's thinking ultra high danger a little too often, and then it gets picked off and he looks dumb. Hopefully they can coach him to trust his teammates a little more and focus on just getting the puck up the ice. With his skating, stickhandling, and skill level, there's no reason for him to be anything less than an excellent puck mover.

golffuul

Oct 24, 2011
Kid is just scratching the surface for how good he can be

Am I wrong in thinking that his style is a bit Hedman-esque? Carries the puck well, skates well, good vision, good stick, uses body position well. Haven't seen his shot much, yet. But I love what I've seen so far.

Reactions: NickH8

GoBoltz56

Brisebois 1st Rounder
Jul 31, 2004
Tampa and Michigan
Am I wrong in thinking that his style is a bit Hedman-esque? Carries the puck well, skates well, good vision, good stick, uses body position well. Haven't seen his shot much, yet. But I love what I've seen so far.
He defends very similar to him. Uses his wingspan to drive the forward to the outside, and pins them.

Reactions: golffuul

TheOctopusKid

Sep 24, 2010
I'm starting to think that Edvinsson isn't a bad passer by any means, he's just got to improve his pass selection. Not because he's dumb, but because he gets cocky. He's thinking ultra high danger a little too often, and then it gets picked off and he looks dumb. Hopefully they can coach him to trust his teammates a little more and focus on just getting the puck up the ice. With his skating, stickhandling, and skill level, there's no reason for him to be anything less than an excellent puck mover.

I was never under the impression he was a bad passer. The critique was he was inconsistent. And I think you're exactly right, I think he made some poor, overly aggressive, and fancy plays because he was against weaker competition and tried to get away with either high risk plays or lazy plays - or both. When he clubbed up to more difficult competition, he played safer. I think it's what made him so frustrating for analysts that it seems random how he performs. The one thing I told from watching what I could...he knows how to play defense and it shows at all levels. At the very worst outcome, he's a huge, smooth skating shutdown D...which awesome. Upside if he figures out his offense and how to use all his tools (which is does at random times) - he's a puck carrying freight train who can eat up all three zones in a hurry. Not bad at all

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Seeing Albin Grewe first time playing in Finland.

Legendary Tampere Cup going and local rivals Ilves vs. Tappara. 0-0 after 20min, fast and physical pre-season hockey.

He is quite fast and agitating. More surprised of that skating. Had one breakaway already.

Reactions: ChadS

NickH8

Jul 3, 2015
"Something's really starting to happen with the team..."

A good number of us, here, get that sense as well. If our top prospects develop, I think we can be a really good team.
I like that Yzerman is building a veery good skating, 200ft team. I think that's why he liked Edvinsson more than anyone else who was available. He's building a team that plays to go far in the playoffs.

Reactions: golffuul
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad