Prospect Info: Swedish Prospects 2021-22 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ed Ned and Leddy

Brokering the Bally Sports + Corncob TV Merger
Apr 1, 2019
Detroit to DC
Steve Yzerman raids Frolunda for the next generation of Detroit's Elite Swedes (2019, colorized)

Screenshot_20211104-214629_Reddit.jpg

Last edited:

bedtime20

nap nap
Nov 30, 2018
Metro Detroit
Can we send serbrango over to Rogle? They helped Seider’s physical game and improved his offense. Two things that serbrango could use. He would also get a good mix of junior and pro ice time.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
We have some guys doing well in the SHL so far

Soderblom - 10 pts in 18 games
Edvinsson - 9 pts in 16 games
Johansson - 9 pts in 16 games
Wallinder - 6 pts in 15 games

OgeeOgelthorpe

Sparkplug
Feb 29, 2020
We have some guys doing well in the SHL so far

Soderblom - 10 pts in 18 games
Edvinsson - 9 pts in 16 games
Johansson - 9 pts in 16 games
Wallinder - 6 pts in 15 games

And Niederbach is still fighting for icetime. I'm not sure what to make of him as a prospect yet. I think he's got the stuff to be an NHL player. I'm not sure what kind of player yet, though.

Reactions: lilidk

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
Frölunda lost another forward (Max Friberg) to injury yesterday. Looking at the ice times I think Söderblom (19:16) took his spot at least in some capacity afterwards so could mean more ice time in the coming games. Friberg is a righty so could also be an opportunity for Niederbach.

cjeagle

Jul 10, 2016
Chicago
And Niederbach is still fighting for icetime. I'm not sure what to make of him as a prospect yet. I think he's got the stuff to be an NHL player. I'm not sure what kind of player yet, though.

Before he went down onto the ice, Kronwall said this about Theodor Niederbach, 19, the goal-scorer in Frolunda’s 5-2 win over Timra:
“I think we’re just scratching the surface a bit here, he’s an incredibly smart player. I have high expectations about Theo in the long run.”
The feeling is that Niederbach has toughened himself up, become more solid in close games, and is doing what’s necessary to get more out of his playing style, his technique.
“He competes. Takes on more and more. He’s taken steps here in Frolunda.”

Reactions: Frk It

Stony Curtis

Sep 21, 2018
Before he went down onto the ice, Kronwall said this about Theodor Niederbach, 19, the goal-scorer in Frolunda’s 5-2 win over Timra:
“I think we’re just scratching the surface a bit here, he’s an incredibly smart player. I have high expectations about Theo in the long run.”
The feeling is that Niederbach has toughened himself up, become more solid in close games, and is doing what’s necessary to get more out of his playing style, his technique.
“He competes. Takes on more and more. He’s taken steps here in Frolunda.”

Hakan Andersson has also said some good stuff about Niederbach.

@Henkka posted an article about a year ago in which HA favorably compared Niederbach to Lucas Raymond. Same size, roughly same style, both shoot RH. He said (IIRC...I can't find the post) that the biggest similarity is the quickness and intelligence with which they both process the game. Hakan's pretty open and honest about the guys he has scouted, so that's high praise.

Reactions: golffuul

OgeeOgelthorpe

Sparkplug
Feb 29, 2020
I still hate this pick. Just because he goes on a little hot streak shouldn't change anything. You can't base opinions on such a small sample size. There were so many better options than Wallinder.

I don't think he's ever an NHL regular, I hope I'm wrong.

Eh...

In that 2nd round there are only about 3 or 4 prospects I would make an argument as a better choice than Wallinder.

Peterka
Khuznutdinov
Gunler

Topi Niemala was a very early 3rd round pick. You could make the argument for him as well. Alexander Nikishin should have been a 2nd round pick. He's got a bit of Radko Gudas style in his game. (You know, minus the dirt.)

I'll also admit that Wallinder was on my prospect wishlist for 2020 but I would not be the least bit mad about Peterka over him at this point.

Wallinder will be a 4 year project. By 2024 we'll know if he can play in the NHL.

Reactions: lilidk

deca guard

Jun 22, 2019
www.reddit.com
so few players make it per draft , ecspecially upper teir players , that a gm can not draft for need or he reduces odds of adding valuable assets . remember the great kenny dman draft or was it centers when we needed dmen/centers , boy that payed off

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
Eh...

In that 2nd round there are only about 3 or 4 prospects I would make an argument as a better choice than Wallinder.

Peterka
Khuznutdinov
Gunler

Topi Niemala was a very early 3rd round pick. You could make the argument for him as well. Alexander Nikishin should have been a 2nd round pick. He's got a bit of Radko Gudas style in his game. (You know, minus the dirt.)

I'll also admit that Wallinder was on my prospect wishlist for 2020 but I would not be the least bit mad about Peterka over him at this point.

Wallinder will be a 4 year project. By 2024 we'll know if he can play in the NHL.

Thomas Bordeleau is head and shoulders a better prospect than Wallinder. Bordeleau was a steal at 38. Evangelista (42nd) is easily a better prospect as well. Of course it is still early, and Wallinder has some potential, but there are many guys drafted after him that you can make a case for, including the guys you named.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Sparkplug
Feb 29, 2020
Thomas Bordeleau is head and shoulders a better prospect than Wallinder. Bordeleau was a steal at 38. Evangelista (42nd) is easily a better prospect as well. Of course it is still early, and Wallinder has some potential, but there are many guys drafted after him that you can make a case for, including the guys you named.

Bordeleau had great counting stats at U of M last year but I didn't come off with the impression that he was the driving force behind them. That UM team was/is a powerhouse that will probably have 6 to 8 people above a point per game.
I didn't get a chance to watch Evangelista this year or last year but during 2020 I thought he was OK from what I remember, but nothing really blew me away about his game.

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
Bordeleau had great counting stats at U of M last year but I didn't come off with the impression that he was the driving force behind them. That UM team was/is a powerhouse that will probably have 6 to 8 people above a point per game.
I didn't get a chance to watch Evangelista this year or last year but during 2020 I thought he was OK from what I remember, but nothing really blew me away about his game.

Fair enough, but have you had the impression that Wallinder has been "a driving force" for any team he played for? I haven't..Also, has Wallider "blown you away about his game", because he hasn't blown me away at all. You can say these things about most prospects.

Evangelista looks legit this year (small sample, yes) for London. I also would bet a lot of money that Bordeleau plays more NHL games than Wallinder. Of course, we will have to wait and see with everything, but I hated the Wallinder pick at the time, and I still don't like it. I don't see translatable traits that make me think he has NHL talent.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Think you're sleeping on Wallinder's upside and the value of 6'4'' d-men that can skate compared to more generic 5'11'' scoring wingers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad