Prospect Info: Swedish Prospects 2021-22 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
I think that's an interesting take and I think we can test that theory when he's at the WJC U20s this year. Like I've said in other threads, I think the inconsistency with Wallinder is tied more to confidence. He's doing things with the puck this season that we didn't see from him in his draft year and last year. He's got a lot more giddyup and go in his game this season and is a lot more actively engaged, skating much harder much more consistently. And you may be onto something about less space and his game. We may see him skate even harder.

Isn’t this true for most high skill level prospects? That element of confidence that the plays you think you see are actually there and that you are capable of converting on them. You’ve got some guys like Raymond who exudes confidence, and you’ve got guys like Zadina who looks like he’s uncertain of all the decisions he makes.

You have Mo Seider with as much swagger as any prospect in the game and the confidence to take on anyone in the league. And you have the Dennis Cholowski’s who end up looking terrified to make a mistake, and that ends up becoming more and more mistakes.

I’m very pleased to see Wallinder in this element. Rogle is clearly giving young players the freedom to create and play their game without limitations. Go be great hockey players. Usually at the pro level of any country you lose that approach. We heard about Seider playing reserved in Mannheim. Raymond playing reserved in Frolunda. People are aware of some of the coaching philosophies that we’ve seen locally in Detroit or GR over the years.

Reactions: skate skate skate

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Man this dude, what a year

It's f***in incredible when I lsee him, I only see the re-incarnation of "Mario Lemieux", because he is so damn big like Lemieux was relatively on that time, and how damn skilled/mobile he is.

6th rounder?

Think this will be Håkan unbelieveable strike again, at the level of Datsyuk and Zetterberg. And one of the best draft picks ever in our history.

Tetsuo

Boss of a Pile of Rubble
Apr 11, 2018
Michigan

Wallinder is killing it.

I was another person who was concerned with Wallinder's lack of production last season. However, it seems like this off-season everything fell into place and we're looking at yet another guy who can come in and fight for a top 4 spot on this team.

Our defensive pipeline is somehow only getting more absurd as time goes on, it really is incredible. We've gone from producing one top 4 D in 15 years (Hronek) to potentially 5 since Stevie took over.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
It's f***in incredible when I lsee him, I only see the re-incarnation of "Mario Lemieux", because he is so damn big like Lemieux was relatively on that time, and how damn skilled/mobile he is.

6th rounder?

Think this will be Håkan unbelieveable strike again, at the level of Datsyuk and Zetterberg. And one of the best draft picks ever in our history.

Eh, I wouldn't go that far. But like I do believe that if Soderblom hits we're talking about a guy that's got Johan Franzen or Freddy Modin type top 6 potential. Maybe even JVR as a consistent 20 to 30 goal threat. And the good news is we don't have to worry that much about some knucklehead targeting him with a headshot so that's something.

deca guard

Jun 22, 2019
www.reddit.com
ive been thinking during the whirled's the past several years that the swedes are out developing /thinking other nations .
now im seeing the same thing in our swede prospects . my guess is the swedes have built the best development system on earth .

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
ive been thinking during the whirled's the past several years that the swedes are out developing /thinking other nations .
now im seeing the same thing in our swede prospects . my guess is the swedes have built the best development system on earth .

Eh...I also wouldn't go that far. Sweden has been sagging on the international stage the last couple of years in comparison to Finland, Canada, USA and Russia. But Hakan Anderson is one of the best scouts in the world and the only other guy in Sweden that can hold a candle to his ability is Tomas Gradin in Vancouver. He's finding the right ones.

Detroit is also really investing in the kids there. It's such a simple idea to have your retired almost-hall of famers as your boots on the ground in their native country that it's genius. That resource is paying dividends, and I haven't heard of any other teams doing the same for their overseas prospects. I'd love to have Zetterberg start working with some of these kids in the same capacity as Kronwall.

Reactions: r0bert8841

wingerdinger

Oct 21, 2018
They still can't develop an elite center to save there life. :naughty:

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
They still can't develop an elite center to save there life. :naughty:

The center position in Swedish hockey is played a lot closer to how a midfielder in soccer plays. That's a big part of it. In North American hockey they put the best players at center but over in Sweden they put them on wing.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland

And Steve Yzerman said the same.

And people still think we should send prospects to Griffins.

No we shouldn't. Send them to Sweden.

r0bert8841

Jan 2, 2009
Michigan
I definitely thought Wallinder was a bust after the WJC last year. Maybe it was because I didn’t think he looked very good at the WJC. Or maybe I naively thought that statistically one of these Swedish kids was going to have to bust and I didn’t think it was gonna be Raymond/Neiderbach/Soderblom. But maybe they all can pan out

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
I definitely thought Wallinder was a bust after the WJC last year. Maybe it was because I didn’t think he looked very good at the WJC. Or maybe I naively thought that statistically one of these Swedish kids was going to have to bust and I didn’t think it was gonna be Raymond/Neiderbach/Soderblom. But maybe they all can pan out
Wallinder didn’t play WJC last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad