Prospect Info: Swedish Prospects 2021-22 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
It looks like what really got him was falling on his head like that. Thank god his helmet was on tight.

Non issue if Farjestad’s player plays the puck. I assume that’s part of what played into his 5+game penalty. Edvinsson tries to make a cheeky chip play and the other guy blows through him.

It certainly wasn’t a good combination. Hit to the head and contacting the ice is no bueno obviously.

MrKriben

Dec 16, 2014
Stockholm
Non issue if Farjestad’s player plays the puck. I assume that’s part of what played into his 5+game penalty. Edvinsson tries to make a cheeky chip play and the other guy blows through him.

It certainly wasn’t a good combination. Hit to the head and contacting the ice is no bueno obviously.
I think the GP was way off, the hit was clean and impact was in the chest. Did the head get a hit? Sure, due to the speed and force but it was not a checking to the head. The GP came from it being #7 in Frölunda getting hit and that SHL's refs (both on ice and in the situation room) sucks and once there is an injury, the situation itself takes that backseat.
I like what Edvinsson himself said, he needs to be able to identify the forechecking players speed and be prepared for a hit and not reach or admire the puck with his head down like that.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
No Edvinsson today but I guess it's because he has a cold. Probably shouldn't expect him thursday either but have to see when he starts practicing again if there are any problems with the head.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Looks like Wallinder and Soderblom are seeing their minutes go up a decent amount in their recent games.

r0bert8841

Jan 2, 2009
Michigan
I have never heard of a player missing a game over a cold. But I say that as I am suffering from a Cold for the first time in 2 years, and it sucks.

Ed Ned and Leddy

Brokering the Bally Sports + Corncob TV Merger
Apr 1, 2019
Detroit to DC
... but people said he bust?!?!

Some people said bust. A lot of folks were just concerned about how raw he looked in his D+1, and felt like he was becoming a long-shot to reach his NHL top 4 upside. I think that potential has always been there though - many folks had a first round grade on Wallinder in his draft year. McKenzie had him at #27 in his final ranking.

Credit to those who remained bullish on his upside (TZE sticks out in my memory as one). I'm certainly glad to see him finding his stride. We should buy Rogle a zamboni or something, they're doing great developmental work for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad