Status
Not open for further replies.

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing
Flames fan here!

Yuck.

However you need to get him back to playing offensive hockey. Calgary tried to make him a more defensive player and that dried up his offence.

Seems to be a very similar mistake to what we did with Kassian up until a month or so ago.

All you need for him to do is put up points, so put a forward that is good defensively with him.

Based on that description, I think Bo Horvat might be a good future fit for Baertschi.

Last edited:

Wisp

Nov 14, 2010
Always thought he was really talented when I got up for Abbottsford games and I'm not sure what happened. I hope Travis Green can help get his development going again. I'm looking for him to improve his 0.7 PPG rate in his last few AHL games.

Jyrki21

2021-12-05
Sponsor
raise your hand if you thought of Sven from dota
I have a four-year-old daughter, so I thought of Sven from Frozen.

tumblr_mvr36idyzF1sj5h4oo1_400.gif

GetFocht

Indestructible
Jun 11, 2013
Here's what Baertschi is capable of and gives a good showcasing of his skill level:

1:20 - Assist: amazing vision and passing ability
1:36 - Goal: beautiful display of hands in close quarters

ARSix

Mar 12, 2012
He has all the skill in the world. He just needs to be consistent.

As for who he should play with, the notion that he could be on a scoring third line with Vey and someone next year is pretty promising. Higgins / Bonino / Vrbata is a good two-way second line that hopefully comes out ahead of the opposition, as is the Sedin line. Whether you put Burrows or Kassian with Vey and Baertschi, you've got a line that can hopefully feast on the soft underbelly of teams that may not have the depth to deal with the skill and offensive hockey sense of that line.

I'm basically assuming that someone will lob a bunch of cash at Shawn Matthias for no particularly good reason, and he'll be gone after this season.

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing
I'm gonna go on the record and say this could be one of the best trades since we got naslund

Completely agree bro.

Again, time will ultimately tell, but Baertschi's upside is so ridiculously well above and beyond a 2nd round pick, that I'm still in shock that we got this guy for relatively so little.

Who knows - maybe in the future, we'll see Baertschi-Horvat-Kassian...........a la WCE part II. Horvat being your smart two-way center, Kassian being your 'big bodied bruising' defensively inept yet offensively dominant guy, and Baertschi being your world class talented skill European skill guy.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
I would think he plays out most of the year in Utica, and maybe gets a few NHL games at the end if we lock up a spot early (doubtful).

We only have 4 call-ups until the playoffs so need to be really wise.

Didn't we use 3 already? I read we assigned Markstrom, Clendening, and Kenins to Utica, and re-called them immediately.

Jun 15, 2014
Didn't we use 3 already? I read we assigned Markstrom, Clendening, and Kenins to Utica, and re-called them immediately.

I was wondering this as well. If that is the case, I think most of us would agree to use the last one on Corrado

Edit: ^ thanks

Baby Pettersson

Mar 8, 2014
Saskatoon
I hope he goes to the Comets, and stays with the Comets. He's jumped around enough the past few years. Then come into training camp next year and prove that he is a capable player.

canuck4life16

It what it is-mccann
May 29, 2008
Vancity
Doubtful. Acquisition of Baertschi probably means that Canucks are not enthused with the development of Shinkaruk so far. Basically fulfill (hopefully) the same type of role and you're not likely to include two smaller, offensive players in your top 6.

that didn't stop the St Louis Blues with Oshie and Schwartz

carolinacanuck

Apr 5, 2007
The Carolinas
I hope he goes to the Comets, and stays with the Comets. He's jumped around enough the past few years. Then come into training camp next year and prove that he is a capable player.

during the benning press conference, JB said he got on the phone with sven and he told benning he wants to go to utica and earn his chance to play with the big club.

nice attitude.

Serac

#HFOutcasts
Jun 27, 2014
B.C.
during the benning press conference, JB said he got on the phone with sven and he told benning he wants to go to utica and earn his chance to play with the big club.

nice attitude.

He does seem to like the Aud
Probably helps that they almost always won when he played there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad