Sven "Only Needs Love" Baertschi

Status
Not open for further replies.

nekyvGkOPaiWICTscLl6

Jul 14, 2009
Sudbury
What a steal!

I had that "omfg" moment when I heard the deal break... thinking it was Kass or a blue-chipper going the other way.

A 2nd!?

To Calgary!!!

YES PLEASE!

Great deadline.

Aphid Attraction

Jan 17, 2013
:towel: Sven! Sven! Sven! :towel:

sven.gif

Wilch

Unregistered User
Mar 29, 2010
This prospect needs to be handled with great care & properly, otherwise it's another pick down the drain.

Got to hope the change of scenery and a different usage will turn things around for him.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
From all reports with Bartschi it's all about confidence.....Maybe Burkie thought he was helping him, but by calling out the guy as a soft, perimeter player "who has to learn that there's three zones on a hockey rink" just seemed to makes things worse...same thing happened to Naslund in Pittsburgh...even took a couple of years and a bout with Mike Keenan in VanCity before he morphed into the player he became....I'm thinking that his old Winterhawks Junior coach Travis Green will work wonders with him in Utica.:handclap:

Love

Feb 29, 2012
Travis Green knows what he has here. I expect he'll be in the top 6 down in Utica right away.

keslerburrows

Mar 9, 2011
Vernon, Canada
Saw Sven once live in Abbotsford during the lockout. I think he scored 4 goals. Or maybe it was just 2, either way he was amazing, quite obviously the best player on the ice. Not sure what he's done since then but that is my memory of him.

EDIT: Travis Green factor is huge here, gives Sven the best opportunity to succeed, which I believe he will.

Saturated Fats

This is water
Jan 24, 2007
Vancouver/Edinburgh
Surprised Calgary would deal him in-division, to a rival. Surprised, and pleased. I honestly think that the familiarity of Green in Utica, combined with leaving the seemingly-oppressive eye of Burkie, will do the kid wonders.

As has been said, he's waiver eligible next year... So he pretty much needs to make that team.

Tiranis

Jun 10, 2009
Toronto, ON
Probably not going to get a better chance anywhere in the league to make an NHL career, given Benning's love for his acquisitions and the fact that he has familiarity with Green in the AHL. There was a time when he was an exciting prospect, hope that he can get back to that with this change of scenery.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
What is going to be a key factor for him down in Utica, is Travis Green. I think a familiar coach that knows his game can develop him further and push him to that next level. I have faith this move is going to be a very savvy deal.

orcatown

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
Chances we see Baertschi and Shinkaruk together?

Doubtful. Acquisition of Baertschi probably means that Canucks are not enthused with the development of Shinkaruk so far. Basically fulfill (hopefully) the same type of role and you're not likely to include two smaller, offensive players in your top 6.

PancakeHero

May 13, 2013
Pawnee
Any more Swiss players in the organization and we'll have to declare neutrality in all future NHL feuds/conflicts.

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
I would think he plays out most of the year in Utica, and maybe gets a few NHL games at the end if we lock up a spot early (doubtful).

We only have 4 call-ups until the playoffs so need to be really wise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad