TSN: Suspended D Voynov signs in KHL

Status
Not open for further replies.

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011
I think you're cherry picking certain quotes and twisting them into a sensationalized statement that Voynov "beats the living piss out of his wife on a regular basis".
Cherry picking is posting literal direct quotes? Lmao

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
I think the issue here is most people aren't even aware of his history and some might not even have been alive while he was playing. If he did that in 2019, people would be up and arms as well.

Ah, and there it is. Blaming the woman beating on alcohol and not, you know, the beater himself. Disgusting.
People are probably aware of heatley driving when his friend died , or Ryan o'Reilly driving into the side of a tim hortons where he luckily didnt kill anyone

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don
AFAIK, she never refuted it. She just refused to testify.

Here's a good summary on reddit I found and here's a link about her refusal to testify: Prosecutors want to tell jurors why Slava Voynov’s wife refuses to testify

You might be right about her refuting it, I just couldn't find anything on googly so you might need to link me.

She refuted it in a personal letter to the court, but the judge wanted no part of it.

In the letter she stated she was interrogated ad nauseam at the hospital instead of being given medical treatment. She didn't understand half of what was being said and repeatedly asked for an interpreter (Voynov) and to have her wound stitched up, yet the authorities refused to comply.
She then alluded to telling authorities, out of desperation, what she thought they wanted to hear just so she could finally receive medical treatment.

https://www.sovsport.ru/amp/593714

Last edited:

Sergei DRW

Nov 17, 2010
Oh boy, another thread where people can want a unremorseful wife beater on their team.

He should stay in Russia where wife beating is acceptable.

Are you sure you understand what you are writing and not talking out of your ass?
Can you show the law in Russia where it says "wife beating is acceptable"?
How come it is an imperative now to "trust the woman"?
Remember the Varlamov incident - the THOT was just lying through her teeth which could get a national team goaltender into a lot of trouble.
As Bill Burr said "How come we never ask questions?" "How come we just assume that the woman is telling the truth?"

Last edited:
Reactions: DickSmehlik

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011
Literal direct quotes from Voynov or his wife? No? Get lost.
It's a literal direct quote from Voynovs wife when she describes him beating her and says it's a repeated pattern.

Get lost with this domestic violence apologia

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011
Likely made under duress, or without a translator.
Because there's no way she was telling the truth, and that later she was pressured by Voynov to change her story right? Nah I'm sure it's just her somehow causing herself injuries consistent with domestic abuse and lying about it for ~reasons

Isles72

Feb 27, 2002
Canada
so does he plan on leaving the KHL when the nhl season gets to the aprox 41 gp mark in search of an NHL deal or is he just going to wait until offseason 2020 .

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don
Because there's no way she was telling the truth, and that later she was pressured by Voynov to change her story right? Nah I'm sure it's just her somehow causing herself injuries consistent with domestic abuse and lying about it for ~reasons

Maybe, maybe not...but that’s not the point. The point is nobody other than the Voynovs know WTF happened. Yet here we are in this thread, with a bunch of arm-chair moral warriors slamming Voynov despite having only 24 cards of info, not 48.

Keep in mind, when you to selectively validate a handful of Voynov’s wife’s statements, but facilely dismiss her other statements, it reeks of a ridiculous confirmation bias.

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011
Maybe, maybe not...but that’s not the point. The point is nobody other than the Voynovs know WTF happened. Yet here we are in this thread, with a bunch of arm-chair moral warriors slamming Voynov despite having only 24 cards of info, not 48.

Keep in mind, when you to selectively validate a handful of Voynov’s wife’s statements, but facilely dismiss her other statements, it reeks of a ridiculous confirmation bias.
Except one of the statements is supported by the police and all physical evidence, and the other is directly contradicted by the actual evidence.

Reactions: Nut Upstrom

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don
Except one of the statements is supported by the police and all physical evidence, and the other is directly contradicted by the actual evidence.

There’s no physical evidence whatsoever validating the claim that abuse was happening at any regular occurrence, which, may I remind you, was your original assertion.

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011
There’s no physical evidence whatsoever validating the claim that abuse was happening at any regular occurrence, which, may I remind you, was your original assertion.
No I said she was quoted as saying he routinely beat her. Not that I'd expect a defender of domestic assault like yourself to be honest

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Will a team in the NHL even sign this guy once the suspension is over?

He's been pretty much blackballed from the league.
The Penguins signed Jack Johnson a year ago, so I assume there will be a team that offers Voynov a training camp invite.

You just never know with some of these idiot GM’s these days.

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011
Not according to your follow-up post.

And stick to the topic instead of divulging in ad hominem attacks.
Ah ok, so we have a physical evidence that he beat her until she was unrecognizable and by her own word she said that this was a regular occurrence.

But I guess we don't have physical evidence that he constantly beat her, so I guess Voynov is a saint now

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don
Ah ok, so we have a physical evidence that he beat her until she was unrecognizable and by her own word she said that this was a regular occurrence.

But I guess we don't have physical evidence that he constantly beat her, so I guess Voynov is a saint now

Was this ‘physical evidence’ collected by the same police force who she claims denied her an interpreter and medical treatment until she told them what they wanted to hear? Yea, she also said that too.

Reactions: KingCanadain1976

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011
Was this ‘physical evidence’ collected by the same police force who she claims denied her an interpreter and medical treatment until she told them what they wanted to hear? Yea, she also said that too.
The same physical evidence that was damning enough for him to accept a guilty plea and a 90 day jail sentence

Reactions: Nut Upstrom

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
Honestly, there's no way he can truly demonstrate he's remorseful beyond living his life going forward as a better man. Everything else for public consumption is just theater which can just as easily be contrived as real.
Maybe not, but apparently doing nothing isn't going to convince me he earned another chance to play for the greatest hockey league in the world. If he wants to play for the KHL or find a different profession then bully for him. But I think we should set some kind of standard as far as who we decide gets the spotlight from a moral standpoint.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad