TSN: Suspended D Voynov signs in KHL

Status
Not open for further replies.

saintunspecified

Nov 30, 2017
Not to mention that he kinda has to play. Roster rules means he cannot play in Europe (not sure for the AHL) during those 41 games.

That's the other part I was thinking about - the lack of transfer/other agreements between the NHL and the KHL. That lack of agreement potentially makes very long suspensions farcical. Players without NHL contracts who faced a long suspension in the NHL could go play in the KHL and there's very little than the NHL can do about it.

I think all this means is that it is possible for this suspension to blow up in the league's face in a big way *if* a team signs Voynov next year. I don't think the league needs to actively collude, and tell the teams not to sign Voynov. Any team with the smallest bit of sense should understand this.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
That's the other part I was thinking about - the lack of transfer/other agreements between the NHL and the KHL. That lack of agreement potentially makes very long suspensions farcical. Players without NHL contracts who faced a long suspension in the NHL could go play in the KHL and there's very little than the NHL can do about it.

I think all this means is that it is possible for this suspension to blow up in the league's face in a big way *if* a team signs Voynov next year. I don't think the league needs to actively collude, and tell the teams not to sign Voynov. Any team with the smallest bit of sense should understand this.

Well, they could really be playing anywhere but the AHL (I think) when suspended.

When I was saying a player can't really play in Europe, I was more referring to the fact any player joining the NHL after signing a past after Dec 1st has to go through waivers. Again, -- not sure if this rule applies to players signed to AHL deals.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Does it prove that a conviction does not always mean guilt?

In this particular case, it proves absolutely nothing.

Someone accused of a different crime under different circumstances was found guilty and later exonerated.

To try and apply that situation to this one is ridiculous.

That would be like me throwing you out of an airplane and expecting you to survive because Vesna Vulovic did once.

Garl said:
So tell me, womens rights champion, why did Marta choose to stay with Slava and go back to that backwards country. She had him in her hands, if she decided to press the charges, he would have been jailed, stripped from all of his posessions and deported with no pardon afterwards. And instead, she goes with him and they have two children together. Why?

You think the fact that she is still with Slava proves that he didn't do it?

Do you know anything about female assault victims?

Maybe she forgave him. Maybe she thinks he's still worth living with. Maybe she's emotionally or financially dependent on him.

It has no bearing on whether the original assault occurred.

A court of law determined that it did, using the available evidence, including the wife's testimony.

Last edited:
Reactions: MXD and CDJ
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad