TSN: Suspended D Voynov signs in KHL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
So has he ever been in trouble before ? What's his past ?

No previous trouble.

Everyone forgets Patrick Roy was arrested for domestic violence after arguing with his wife. She called 911 after he started tearing doors off inside the house. But hey, she wasn't injured, so let's get Roy's jersey up in the rafters. Never mind he might have actually hurt her if she didn't call the police.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
No previous trouble.

Everyone forgets Patrick Roy was arrested for domestic violence after arguing with his wife. She called 911 after he started tearing doors off inside the house. But hey, she wasn't injured, so let's get Roy's jersey up in the rafters. Never mind he might have actually hurt her if she didn't call the police.

Well here’s the thing- Voynov DID hurt the girl. Badly. There’s no hypothetical hocus pocus that you want to play. They are not comparable.

Reactions: nbwingsfan

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
Well here’s the thing- Voynov DID hurt the girl. Badly. There’s no hypothetical hocus pocus that you want to play. They are not comparable.
Roy's wife felt so in danger that she called the police. I'm sure if she had cell phone footage of him tearing doors off the house you'd change your turn.

Craig MacTavish also drove drunk, killed someone, and he returned to the NHL no problem after serving a year in jail (should have been more).

Last edited:

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
[For a situation like this, context matters. For example, for] me Heatley [was] being dumb [and accidentally killed Snyder]. Voynov was actively trying to hurt someone, Heatley was not. The whole voluntary vs involuntary matters.

If the Heatley incident happened today instead of 16 years ago there would be a huge volume of posts on the forum and all of social media advocating that Heatley should be banned from the NHL for life. IMO probably 10-100x the volume of attention that Voynov has received in posts, social media and mainline media coverage.

CartographerNo611

Oct 11, 2014
Roy's wife felt so in danger that she called the police. I'm sure if she had cell phone footage of him tearing doors off the house you'd change your turn.

Craig MacTavish also drove drunk, killed someone, and he returned to the NHL no problem after service a year in jail (should have been more).

Bobby Hull pointed a shotgun at Brett Hull's mom and is pretty up front about his racism as well.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
No previous trouble.

Can you not see the difference between ripping off a door and smashing your wife’s face through a TV?

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
I already went over this and he deleted the many comments pointing out how much of a terrible argument is it.

Dany Heatley killed his teammate.

*Accidentally* killed his teammate seems to be the word you keep omitting.

You think Heatley thought to himself, “I’m going to purposely smash this car and risk my life so my friend dies!”

Because Voynov DID think “I’m going to smash my Wife’s face and do major damage to her”.

Once again, hope you could see the difference.

Reactions: CDJ

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
If the Heatley incident happened today instead of 16 years ago there would be a huge volume of posts on the forum and all of social media advocating that Heatley should be banned from the NHL for life. IMO probably 10-100x the volume of attention that Voynov has received in posts, social media and mainline media coverage.

Possibly, but the Habs had no qualms hiring Ramage immediately after his sentence expired in 2014 and there was next to no discussion about it either despite him having caused the death of a prominent former NHL player and head coach.

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
Can you not see the difference between ripping off a door and smashing your wife’s face through a TV?

Sometimes, this difference is one sloppy accidental move. Which seems to be what happened according to Voynov's wife Marta. They had an argument, she was drunk, then he pushed her away and she fell in sloppy fashion, hitting the TV.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby

You think Heatley thought to himself, “I’m going to purposely smash this car and risk my life so my friend dies!”

Because Voynov DID think “I’m going to smash my Wife’s face and do major damage to her”.

They cannot. And it is pathetic.

Reactions: nbwingsfan

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Sometimes, this difference is one sloppy accidental move. Which seems to be what happened according to Voynov's wife Marta. They had an argument, she was drunk, then he pushed her away and she fell in sloppy fashion, hitting the TV.

:laugh: OK.

Garl

Oct 7, 2006

This is your fantasy. According to Voynov and his wife it was an accident.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby

Delete

Last edited:

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
They shouldn’t allow him back in the United States let alone the NHL

We got plenty of scumbags here, he can stay in Russia

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Possibly, but the Habs had no qualms hiring Ramage immediately after his sentence expired in 2014 and there was next to no discussion about it either despite him having caused the death of a prominent former NHL player and head coach.

I didn't see then (and I don't see now) the upside in hiring Ramage, but he was performing his duties "behind the curtains", so to the speak. It shouldn't be different, but it is... Apparently.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005

Craig MacTavish also drove drunk, killed someone, and he returned to the NHL no problem after serving a year in jail (should have been more).

You can call 911 in order to prevent a crime being committed, which is exacly what happened in Michele's case.

As for MacT... it was in the eighties. Different times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad