TSN: Suspended D Voynov signs in KHL

Status
Not open for further replies.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
On topic : ... Wait, you can serve your suspension in the KHL?

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
You see this is in no way what happened yet HF will allow you to say it but if you get called out on it like you should they’ll protect you
Did you hold a candle in Voynov's house? How do you know that this is what happened? Voynov and his wife are telling an absolutely different story.

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
Lolololol

You really have no clue

Also that the main board doesn’t understand the relationship dynamics between the abused and their abuser is a shocker to absolutely nobody

Slava Voynov suspended by NHL until at least 2020 for domestic violence

2nd paragraph. Stop defending a women beater when you don’t know what he did

No clue LOL. Marta doesn't speak English. This police protocol is entirely based on her "testimony". She said that she tried to call Slava several times to help her with translation but police and medical stuff didn't let it happen. She barely understood the questions.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
He was suspended from the NHL, not hockey.

I'll rephrase : he can serve his NHL suspension (when he's not under contract to any NHL team) in the KHL?

I'm asking, because suspensions usually results in players not being paid (and their salary being transferred into some kind of fund). So he'll basically escape that part of the penalty.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
No clue LOL. Marta doesn't speak English. This police protocol is entirely based on her "testimony". She said that she tried to call Slava several times to help her with translation but police and medical stuff didn't let it happen. She barely understood the questions.

What a hill to die on :laugh:

So the police coached her into saying Slava did things he didn’t do is what you’re implying

Embarrassing

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009

What exactly do you think she meant to say then when she said he punched, kicked, choked her with both hands and through her through a TV, cutting her face?

I’d love to hear the confused context due to language barrier here?

Reactions: CDJ

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
What exactly do you think she meant to say then when she said he punched, kicked, choked her with both hands and through her through a TV, cutting her face?

He’s in that stage where he’s dug in too deep and gone too far where he can’t go back, I wouldn’t bother with him at this point. Facts and reason do not apply

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia

Well, I think, these offtopics should be stopped, there have already been literally hundreds posts about the case. Let's talk about hockey.

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
Ah yes, Voynov “accidentally”, punched her at a party, then choked her with both hands, kicked her, then three her into the corner of a TV.... all accidentally because she was drunk :laugh:

How do you know he has done all of this things?

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia

Значит вы говорите, что она сказала, будто бы он ее ударил и затем пнул? What does the previous phrase mean, btw? I mean, it's very simple actually and every English speaking person should understand it.

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
What a hill to die on :laugh:

So the police coached her into saying Slava did things he didn’t do is what you’re implying

Embarrassing

What I am saying is that she doesn't speak English. And in her later testimonies in Russian she denied all of this stuff completely

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
At this point, what did happen and what did not happen is pretty much irrelevant; he's a PR nightmare waiting to happen.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
I'll rephrase : he can serve his NHL suspension (when he's not under contract to any NHL team) in the KHL?

I'm asking, because suspensions usually results in players not being paid (and their salary being transferred into some kind of fund). So he'll basically escape that part of the penalty.

So Kuznetsov shouldn't play for 4 years in the NHL?

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
What I am saying is that she doesn't speak English. And in her later testimonies in Russian she denied all of this stuff completely

Red markings on her throat didn’t happen by accident!

And again, you should read up on the relationship dynamics between an abuser and their victim. This is not uncommon, not even a little bit

Get off the hill! Trust me!

Reactions: bigbabybuda

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
The only sort of "suspension" Voynov should get at this point is an unofficial suspension where no one will want to sign him. It's dumb to try and put a lifetime ban on him for something that happened off the ice and something he served his sentence for. Bertuzzi played in 531 games after the Steve Moore incident and Bertuzzi ended Moore's career when Moore was only 23.

Reactions: Starat327

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
At this point, what did happen and what did not happen is pretty much irrelevant; he's a PR nightmare waiting to happen.

Well, there are teams in the NHL, for which even PR nightmare would be a good PR, because nobody cares about them...

Garl

Oct 7, 2006

How could she have said this if she doesn't speak English? What she said in russian is completely different. You need a link?

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
Red markings on her throat didn’t happen by accident!

And again, you should read up on the relationship dynamics between an abuser and their victim. This is not uncommon, not even a little bit

Get off the hill! Trust me!

Dude, my wife got a black eye, red bruises on her neck and chest and leg. While pregnant. Guess how?

And yes, the old "dynamics" argument. Sure it can happen. But in this case it's hardly believabale. She was in another country and if she would have pressed charges in a VAWA state like Cali, Voynov would been in jail and the deported and stripped from all of his posessions in her favour. Instead, she actualy decided to return to rainy cold place named St Petersbourg with Voynov and they had two kids after that.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Значит вы говорите, что она сказала, будто бы он ее ударил и затем пнул? What does the previous phrase mean, btw? I mean, it's very simple actually and every English speaking person should understand it.

Ill ask again since you entirely missed the point. Even if she had not a clue what the officers were actually asking, what exactly do you think she MEANT to say then when she told them he punched, kicked, choked and threw her into a TV? Common misunderstanding? Where did the red marks on her throat come from?

I’ll patiently wait for your answer, but won’t expect one.

Reactions: CDJ

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Dude, my wife got a black eye, red bruises on her neck and chest and leg. While pregnant. Guess how?

And yes, the old "dynamics" argument. Sure it can happen. But in this case it's hardly believabale. She was in another country and if she would have pressed charges in a VAWA state like Cali, Voynov would been in jail and the deported and stripped from all of his posessions in her favour. Instead, she actualy decided to return to rainy cold place named St Petersbourg with Voynov and they had two kids after that.

Yeah well your neighbors didn’t hear your wife screaming because you were beating the shit out of her I’d imagine so it’s not exactly apples to apples

This is sad man. Honestly.

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
Yeah well your neighbors didn’t hear your wife screaming because you were beating the **** out of her I’d imagine so it’s not exactly apples to apples

This is sad man. Honestly.

Dude, we argue with my wife, sometimes there is screaming. Mostly from her though.
The marks can be recieved accidentially. This is a fact.

Neighbours saw nothing. Heard some screaming in russian from 2 drunk individuals. Not a good evidence of "kicking, smashing etc"

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
Ill ask again since you entirely missed the point. Even if she had not a clue what the officers were actually asking, what exactly do you think she MEANT to say then when she told them he punched, kicked, choked and threw her into a TV? Common misunderstanding? Where did the red marks on her throat come from?

I’ll patiently wait for your answer, but won’t expect one.

Ehm, she doesn't speak english and doesn't know this words. If I will make an interview with you in russian you may end up being responsible for Chernobyl, WW2, Tungus meteorite, native siberian peoples exctinction and bad vodka I had yesterday.
Red marks are usually from clothes. Maybe he was holding her or maybe he was restraining her. We don't know.

Reactions: KingCanadain1976
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad