TSN: Suspended D Voynov signs in KHL

Status
Not open for further replies.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Ehm, she doesn't speak english and doesn't know this words. If I will make an interview with you in russian you may end up being responsible for Chernobyl, WW2, Tungus meteorite, native siberian peoples exctinction and bad vodka I had yesterday.
Red marks are usually from clothes. Maybe he was holding her or maybe he was restraining her. We don't know.

Ohhhh so she just started speaking random English words and they just happened to land together saying her husband punched, kicked, choked and smashed in her face?

What a coincidence!!

Reactions: CDJ

saintunspecified

Nov 30, 2017
I'll rephrase : he can serve his NHL suspension (when he's not under contract to any NHL team) in the KHL?

I'm asking, because suspensions usually results in players not being paid (and their salary being transferred into some kind of fund). So he'll basically escape that part of the penalty.

I'm interested in this from an academic point of view - does a player have to be under contract to serve a suspension like this one? I'd think it signing a contract and not playing would be difficult - how would a foreign player get a visa to serve a suspension?

I think the question is academic, though bc I'm pretty certain he'll never play in the NHL again.

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
Ohhhh so she just started speaking random English words and they just happened to land together saying her husband punched, kicked, choked and smashed in her face?

What a coincidence!!

I didn't say this. Most likely there was an interview made by a policeman. He asked her and interpreted her broken english words. Again, in the aftermath she told about the accident in her native language. You need a link?

Reactions: KingCanadain1976

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Dude, we argue with my wife, sometimes there is screaming. Mostly from her though.
The marks can be recieved accidentially. This is a fact.

Neighbours saw nothing. Heard some screaming in russian from 2 drunk individuals. Not a good evidence of "kicking, smashing etc"

Yeah but her face and neck were good evidence of kicking and smashing seeing as how he got convicted soooooo keep dying on this hill. You look fantastic darling! Slayyyyyy

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
I'm interested in this from an academic point of view - does a player have to be under contract to serve a suspension like this one? I'd think it signing a contract and not playing would be difficult - how would a foreign player get a visa to serve a suspension?

I think the question is academic, though bc I'm pretty certain he'll never play in the NHL again.

This is exactly what I'm interested in, too. I don't care much about Voynov specifically, but I'm really curious as to whether a player who is not under an NHL contract can be serving an NHL suspension, and if there's any difference in the case where the player is a RFA.

Reactions: dano16

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
Yeah but her face and neck were good evidence of kicking and smashing seeing as how he got convicted soooooo keep dying on this hill. You look fantastic darling! Slayyyyyy

No, not good evidence my emotional friend. The face was the result of the cut from an fall on the TV screen, and we don't know wether it was an intentional "smashing" or accidental fall, but honestly it's hard to intentionally cut another person by smashing the head on the TV, and neck is definately not a good evidence of "kicking and smashing".

Yes, he got convicted. Yaroslav Popovich also got convicted for rape and kill of his cousin, and then 9 years after turned out he was not guilty, as she was a victim of a famous maniac. Court conviction doesn't mean guilt all the times.

Reactions: KingCanadain1976

saintunspecified

Nov 30, 2017
This is exactly what I'm interested in, too. I don't care much about Voynov specifically, but I'm really curious as to whether a player who is not under an NHL contract can be serving an NHL suspension, and if there's any difference in the case where the player is a RFA.

Consider the case of someone who is serving a drug suspension (PED or otherwise). If such a player didn't have a contract, it's quite possible requiring a player to have a contract in order to serve a suspension would create a situation where that player was effectively frozen out of the league. That strikes me as being unfairly punitive. That thinking has zero to do with my view about Voynov.

Reactions: MXD

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Yes, he got convicted. Yaroslav Popovich also got convicted for rape and kill of his cousin, and then 9 years after turned out he was not guilty, as she was a victim of a famous maniac. Court conviction doesn't mean guilt all the times.

Right, the "some other person who was convicted was actually innocent" defence.

Reactions: bigbabybuda

Rangers ftw

May 8, 2007
I think this attitude's problematic, though. While people make mistakes, I also don't think they should label them for the rest of their lives.
I agree. However, they should not be in positions where they can be idolized by young people who tend to be influenced by their idols. He can work with whatever for all I care, but no need to let him back into the NHL.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Consider the case of someone who is serving a drug suspension (PED or otherwise). If such a player didn't have a contract, it's quite possible requiring a player to have a contract in order to serve a suspension would create a situation where that player was effectively frozen out of the league. That strikes me as being unfairly punitive. That thinking has zero to do with my view about Voynov.

Yup. There is something absurd to the possibility of serving a suspension while NOT being under contract; however, a half season is a VERY, VERY long period, and with the rules governing NHL contracts/SPC, along with the Salary Cap, requiring that Voynov be signed to serve a suspension would basically have the effect of giving him a lifetime ban, because teams would have to forego a contract spot, a roster spot (or maybe not?) and cap room for a half-season.

I mean, if Voynov was 22, fine, that may be worth it. But he's turning 30 in 4 months.

Not to mention that he kinda has to play. Roster rules means he cannot play in Europe (not sure for the AHL) during those 41 games.

Reactions: dano16

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
*Accidentally* killed his teammate seems to be the word you keep omitting.

You think Heatley thought to himself, “I’m going to purposely smash this car and risk my life so my friend dies!”

Because Voynov DID think “I’m going to smash my Wife’s face and do major damage to her”.

Once again, hope you could see the difference.

You don’t accidentally drive 80 in a 35.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
You don’t accidentally drive 80 in a 35.

You’re right. He was an idiot. Does that mean he MEANT to do harm to himself and Snyder?

Again, you can’t understand the difference between purposely harming someone and accidentally doing so through a stupid choice?

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
He does not.

I think he's guilty but I also think he deserves a second chance.

We hand out sentences in law.

He didn't get a life sentence, so I'm not sure why we're supposed to act like he deserves one.

You don't have to like him, but I don't think you can exclude him from employment after he serves his sentence.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
I think he's guilty but I also think he deserves a second chance.

We hand out sentences in law.

He didn't get a life sentence, so I'm not sure why we're supposed to act like he deserves one.

You don't have to like him, but I don't think you can exclude him from employment after he serves his sentence.

...But you can't really force a team to sign him either.
(You're smart, so I know you weren't implying this; and, since I'm smart, you'll reckon that I'm not adovcating for collusion)

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
...But you can't really force a team to sign him either.
(You're smart, so I know you weren't implying this; and, since I'm smart, you'll reckon that I'm not adovcating for collusion)

Yeah, I get the PR implications of it.

Reactions: MXD

unicornpig

Dec 8, 2017
You’re right. He was an idiot. Does that mean he MEANT to do harm to himself and Snyder?

Again, you can’t understand the difference between purposely harming someone and accidentally doing so through a stupid choice?
and if he ran over a kid? he didn't meant to though......great logic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad