TV: Survivor: Winners at War - Season Discussion Thread

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Because Natalie wanted to help Sarah win because Rah, Rah, right? That's why she told her these things.

Sarah got played. Natalie was literally grinning when Sarah made that speech because she knew she was winning the brain war. In a few hours Natalie turned a strong player who may win in to a weepy victim.

She even turned Ben into a weepy victim as well. He fell on his sword.

Sometimes people have to give credit where credit is due and not blame the world for their failings. Natalie was hungry and wanted to win. She crushed those two.

The comments that Rob and parvati made are completely fabricated by Natalie even though they were confirmed to be true from other people on eoe. Is this what you are implying lmao?

You're completely missing the point of this entire discussion.

Last edited:

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Natalie comes back from the edge. Makes comments about Tony as well as how other players such as Rob and Parv are saying fairly rude things about Sarah. Sarah comes to the realization of why she was so hated after game changers and the gender bias that tends to exist in survivor.?

OR....people don't like her because she's not a great person. That would be the simple reason.

Watching international versions of Survivor, more women have won the seasons I've watched then men have. It's just a statistical deviation in a small window. There is no ingrained bias to the game.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
OR....people don't like her because she's not a great person. That would be the simple reason.

Watching international versions of Survivor, more women have won the seasons I've watched then men have. It's just a statistical deviation in a small window. There is no ingrained bias to the game.
PARAVTI didn't play with Sarah for a single second. How could she know if she hates or liked her? Rob played with her for two days and was pissed because she got him out.

Why do you continue to ignore the fact that she has been ridiculed by fans for years from her play in game changers for being too vicious yet Tony played a very similar game in cagayan and was celebrated? That is her main issue. But everyone in this thread just continues to ignore this point. She even said in that interview that TONY played a better game than her.

Last edited:
Reactions: Loosie

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
PARAVTI didn't play with Sarah for a single second. How could she know if she hates or liked her? Rob played with her for two days and was pissed because she got him out.

Then where is the hate for Danni? For Amber? For Sophie? For Kim? For Sandra? It's for one specific person in the game from multiple other players.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Then where is the hate for Danni? For Amber? For Sophie? For Kim? For Sandra? It's for one specific person in the game from multiple other players.
You are still continuing to miss the main point of this entire discussion.

She has been ridiculed by fans for years from her play in game changers for being too vicious yet Tony played a very similar game in cagayan and was celebrated? That is her main issue. But everyone in this thread just continues to ignore this point. She even said in that interview that TONY played a better game than her.

Like go listen to the interview. You're discussing stuff that you don't even have entire knowledge of.

Reactions: Zeppo

hoglund

Dec 8, 2013
Canada

She has been ridiculed by fans for years from her play in game changers for being too vicious yet Tony played a very similar game in cagayan and was celebrated? That is her main issue. But everyone in this thread just continues to ignore this point. She even said in that interview that TONY played a better game than her.

Like go listen to the interview. You're discussing stuff that you don't even have entire knowledge of.
What fans are ridiculing Sarah for her play in game changers after the season is over fans may discuss it for a week or two, you said for years, but I'm a fan and don't hear any of this.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
What fans are ridiculing Sarah for her play in game changers after the season is over fans may discuss it for a week or two, you said for years, but I'm a fan and don't hear any of this.
Do you read through all of her social media posts, her comments, her DMs etc? If you're just looking on reddit or hf of course you won't see much. And of course Sarah will see it much more because there are shitty "fans" out there that enjoy berating contestants.

There's a reason why several contestants deactivated their social media this season.

Also, the for years comment is probably more so referencing the fact that she has lived with these comments for years.

I'm done discussing this though. It's pointless, and stuff has clearly been lost in translation.

Last edited:

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002

The Best Survivor Contestants That Ever Played

16th most popular player ever

Even Reddit likes her, and they HATE women, very misogynist.

Fans REALLY like her, players seem to not.

An internet minority says shitty things about her and they do more often to women than men, yes. Which has zero effect on the game at all.

Riggins

Jul 12, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Natalie didn't deserve a single vote. Give her an EoE crown if you want and a small cash prize. She endured a lot and was physically dominant, but she had all the intel and came back super late in the game with major advantages. She had to take Tony out in fire and wimped out of it. I'm just glad it played out the way it did and it wasn't Natalie beating Sarah for the win. May as well just cancel the show if that happened.

I think even the producers must realize the EoE is ridiculous but they used it again because they needed more screen time for all these fan favorites in an all winners season.

Reactions: Apex Predator

hoglund

Dec 8, 2013
Canada
Do you read through all of her social media posts, her comments, her DMs etc? If you're just looking on reddit or hf of course you won't see much. And of course Sarah will see it much more because there are shitty "fans" out there that enjoy berating contestants.

There's a reason why several contestants deactivated their social media this season.

Also, the for years comment is probably more so referencing the fact that she has lived with these comments for years.

I'm done discussing this though. It's pointless, and stuff has clearly been lost in translation.
You're right that I don't read comments on social media because I don't have them, most of my discussions are with family and friends and I haven't heard of any gender bias in the game of Survivor. Sarah's speech may have been a clever ploy to sway the jury, but it fell short. She's a good player, but not as good as Tony.

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
The comments that Rob and parvati made are completely fabricated by Natalie even though they were confirmed to be true from other people on eoe. Is this what you are implying lmao?

You're completely missing the point of this entire discussion.

You ignore Ockham's razor and instead look for some great man/woman conspiracy to legitimize her horrible game play.

Natalie was meaner and more aggressive this game. Yet, you ignore how she is receiving no "complaints."

Sarah got played by another woman yet this is a male bias thing. Strange.

zombie kopitar

custom title
Jul 3, 2009
Best Coast
Yeah just voting Denise works but the plan A was obviously get Natalie out if she doesn't play an idol.
No what Tony couldn't convince them to do was just flat out vote Denise out. It speaks to how well he was reading everything, and it was over confidence on Sarah's paty, and imo jury management for Ben...knowing that Denise would be one the few votes he could lock in as long as he didn't blindside her.

Natalie didn't deserve a single vote. Give her an EoE crown if you want and a small cash prize. She endured a lot and was physically dominant, but she had all the intel and came back super late in the game with major advantages. She had to take Tony out in fire and wimped out of it. I'm just glad it played out the way it did and it wasn't Natalie beating Sarah for the win. May as well just cancel the show if that happened.

I think even the producers must realize the EoE is ridiculous but they used it again because they needed more screen time for all these fan favorites in an all winners season.
It's been stated that some players wouldn't come back if there was no edge (probably Rob, Amber and Tyson)
Tyson also made the whole family loved ones thing happen

Also speculated they ran it the first time to work out the bugs for this season, and have no intention on using it agin

It was also a 25k base pay vs $2,500

Last edited:

LeafalCrusader

Oct 3, 2013
Winnipeg

Natalie did completely own Ben and Sarah when she came back but yeah I hate EoE. A player who gets voted out 1st shouldn't be a fire challenge (hate that one too) away from winning the game. I do understand why they did it this time to give the returnees more screen time but I'd prefer they just get rid of the damn thing.

Reactions: Centrum Hockey

WSS11

Oct 7, 2009
The Best Survivor Contestants That Ever Played

16th most popular player ever

Even Reddit likes her, and they HATE women, very misogynist.

Fans REALLY like her, players seem to not.

An internet minority says shitty things about her and they do more often to women than men, yes. Which has zero effect on the game at all.

the recency bias on that poll lol. I’ve watched the show since season 1 and Boston Rob is easily the most overrated player ever. Had to be spoon fed a win playing with a bunch of rookies.

imo, Parvati, Johnny Fairplay, and Brian Heidik are the best to ever play. Unfortunately, 2 of those 3 have been blacklisted because Probst hates them.

WSS11

Oct 7, 2009
Why? He controlled the entire season of Pearl Islands and lost because Lil decided it was better that another mother win a million if she didn’t. Who knows what happens in Micronesia if the dude didn’t get his jaw busted a week before. The guy is an ass but he’s a very good player.

Glenn Isildur Healy

Oct 8, 2013
CBC Studios
Why? He controlled the entire season of Pearl Islands and lost because Lil decided it was better that another mother win a million if she didn’t. Who knows what happens in Micronesia if the dude didn’t get his jaw busted a week before. The guy is an ass but he’s a very good player.

I recently re-watched Pearl Islands
He was definitely a good player in Pearl Islands but he didn't have control over the entire season
He was on the outs with the Drake tribe but luckily the tribes merged. Players picked up on the fact that he couldn't be trusted.
Also, he had no control over Burton being voted out at final 5. He couldn't sway Lil away from voting with Sandra and Darrah and was a very key moment. If Fairplay was able to sway Lil to vote out Darrah, I think he's in the final 2.

WSS11

Oct 7, 2009
I recently re-watched Pearl Islands
He was definitely a good player in Pearl Islands but he didn't have control over the entire season
He was on the outs with the Drake tribe but luckily the tribes merged. Players picked up on the fact that he couldn't be trusted.
Also, he had no control over Burton being voted out at final 5. He couldn't sway Lil away from voting with Sandra and Darrah and was a very key moment. If Fairplay was able to sway Lil to vote out Darrah, I think he's in the final 2.

me too. I think his main mistake was taking Burton on that reward instead of Lil and thinking that he could sway Lil or Darrah when they got back. That outcast twist sucked overall but Lil being emotionally unstable really backfired on him in the end.

Glenn Isildur Healy

Oct 8, 2013
CBC Studios
me too. I think his main mistake was taking Burton on that reward instead of Lil and thinking that he could sway Lil or Darrah when they got back. That outcast twist sucked overall but Lil being emotionally unstable really backfired on him in the end.

Wait did Burton or Fairplay win that reward challenge?
One thing I wonder is, if Darrah goes out at 5 then most likely Sandra is gone at 4. If Burton wins the final 3 immunity, does he take Fairplay or Lil? I think if Fairplay or Lil wins, they take each other.

WSS11

Oct 7, 2009
Wait did Burton or Fairplay win that reward challenge?
One thing I wonder is, if Darrah goes out at 5 then most likely Sandra is gone at 4. If Burton wins the final 3 immunity, does he take Fairplay or Lil? I think if Fairplay or Lil wins, they take each other.

Burton won the reward challenge at final 5 and took FairPlay because they were convinced that they had both Lil and Darrah sold on final 3. I think Lil takes Burton because of their promise to each other that the outcasts would stick together...I don’t know if Burton keeps his word on that if he wins final 3 immunity because he had a tight bond with FairPlay and because Fairplay played a more dishonest game than Lil did.

hoglund

Dec 8, 2013
Canada
I haven't seen Pearl Islands Survivor for many years, but I remember most was Rupert and thinking he was the most deserving, but didn't win. As I said it's been a long time and I may have forgotten a lot.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Watched the 16/17/18 versions of Australia now. 3 totally different winners, different ways of getting to the end. 2 years I 100% agree with the winner and 1 year I can't believe who they voted for.....great version of the game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad