Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by SensBrawler, Feb 5, 2020.
EoE could easily be tweaked where losing the first duel eliminate's all the previous boots.
Didn’t want to start a new thread so I’ll ask here.
Is Amazing Race staring up? Google says May 20 but I can’t find it listed on my guide.
Kids love it, appreciate any replies.
It looks like it was pulled from the schedule so they can have something new to show in the fall.
Don't tweak it just scrap it.
Finally have some down time so a few thoughts:
1) The season was easily one of the best seasons that I can remember recently.
2) Tony IMO is now the current greatest Survivor player in history.
3) Ben is easily one of the dumbest players in history. I still don't understand his reasoning to toss the game away and tell Sarah to vote him out. He wasn't going to be voted out that round and he basically threw away a chance for 2 million dollars. And even if he didn't win he still gets more money the longer he stays in the game so i'm not sure what the hell he was thinking.
4) LoL at Sandra the "Survivor Queen" being the only one to quit the game.
5) I see a lot of people giving Michelle credit for her season but I thought she was terrible and people just remember the last few eps. She was being dragged around and told what to do by a dude who dumped in her in real life and treated her like shit on national TV during the show. Really? Was she that desperate for him still? Move on girl, you are better than that.
6) Sarah's speech at tribal about treating women equal was the most cringe-worthy thing of the season. Yea she came out after the show and said it was fake to get votes from the jury but still brutal. Not quite as bad as the race speech a few seasons ago over the 19 year old calling someones buff a do-rag though.
7). Fire Tokens was a nice idea but I don't think it worked that well.
8). EOE was done better this time around, maybe because we had bigger connections to the cast though. Should end though at the merge or shortly after the merge, maybe bring 2 back at once and end it. Wait a few seasons to bring it back.
9. Going to be a long time till the next season, normally we get the new seasons anywhere from 3-4 months after the last one ended...could be 8-10 months away.
That's all i got.
Regarding the next Survivor, Jeff Probst said they'd be back in the fall, but technically fall goes to Dec 20th, so that's my prediction, I agree with just about everything in your summary. I think that Ben let Sarah vote him out because of her speech, so it did work and at least got her to the final 3, Also I think that Denise should be given more credit for her good play in this game.
Regarding Ben, everything I've seen from the show, extra scenes, interviews is that he was a complete mess out there. Widely disrespected and disliked by the cast. There are signs that his head wasn't really in the right place for playing. His post-show interviews feature him basically saying that he knew how much everyone hated him and he didn't want to face being eviscerated at the final tribal council in a surely losing effort so he preferred to do a solid for the person he viewed as his number one ally. I believe his explanation, as strange as it is. I agree regarding Michele and Sarah as well. Michele was never going to win playing like she did and as much as Probst wants to make Sarah's speech into a big deal, she's admitted what the root of it was post-show. The show also beat us over the head right before her speech that Tony was outplaying her anyway, though if he went out she would have been the deserving winner.
I think the game is moving away from Sandra's strategy of being the least hated person at the end there are still some seasons with bitter jury's. but now there are quite a few seasons where the person with the best game play won like One world,Cagayan and WAW
Hopefully we get it by Nov/Dec, that would be nice. Sarah was voted out at 4 (well lost at 4 at the fire making challenge), she didn't make it to the final 3.
You're right it was Michele that made it to the final 3, I think that I was hoping that she would. I too hope that Survivor will be back in the fall and Jeff said that they should.
Ethan’s caricature of EOE players is hilarious
Adam crying LOL
Where's Sandra and who's red pants?
I see a lot of people say Boston Rob is overrated but I disagree. He should have won All stars. Heroes Vs Villains he was in complete control and if Tyson doesn’t screw up the Villains stay strong and he’s in the Top 5 with Sandra, Jerri, Courtney,Tyson. We’ll never know what happens but I have a feeling Courtney and Sandra stay loyal to Rob.
His problem is that the game has now changed and he was too stubborn to adapt.
Red pants = Tyson
What are some of the best seasons to watch?
I started the show from one world and onwards. This past season was my favourite, but I also really enjoyed Cagayan, Cambodia and World's Apart.
The best season was the first one with Richard and Sue's arguing. I remember it the best and since it was new at the time it seemed like the best.
I know I’ve been flogging this horse for a while but any chance you guys to have to watch the Australian versions starting in 2016 you really need to.
So before One World, my suggestions
2) Heroes vs Villains
3) Pearl Islands
6) Cook Islands
6 episodes in and 2019 is the best one so far. Easily. Whoever casts the Australia show needs to do the US version.
ETA...episode 7! So good. Their Probst, “it appears some of you are playing this game at the highest level.” Episode 10 may have had the best tribal ever. The person voted out said, "I have no idea what just happened." I'll stop now..sorry.
Through 4 season of Australia, their All-Star season is next.
Australia is just so different from US because of the fact that it's over 50 days and 24 players. It's SO hard for players who make themselves targets by playing a big game to last almost 8 weeks versus 5 weeks. Some of their winners wouldn't have won in the US, but very few of the US winners would have won Australia. The one negative is that because it's so long, some of the endings didn't match the greatness of when it gets from 20 players or so to about 5 or 6 players left.
Season 4 was the best of the 4, HUGE personalities and massive game play. The Australia franchise also has the most popular player in any series by a large amount, I don't think there is a precedence in the US.
I've been watching the all stars season, very enjoyable thus far. Quite different from standard Survivor in terms of how the show is made and what the players seem to focus on but there are definitely some areas in which it is a better show. The endgame of prior Australian Survivor seasons, as you've alluded to a bit, is a bit of an issue for me and can somewhat bring those seasons down.
Just watched episode 3, was that a top 5 tribal ever?
Separate names with a comma.