TV: Survivor: Game Changers (Episode Discussion)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
As someone suggested, having HII that expire by certain TC would add to their excitement​. People would also be more likely to play them for allies and/or strategically use them.

Last episode I realized that I don't care who wins this season. The whole Varner/Zeke episode really marred the fun aspect of watching Survivor and the following episodes have really played like a bunch of mercenaries trying to outlast each other, which I understand was the point of this season. I guess this all-star version hasn't lived up to how much I enjoyed the previous attempts.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Don't see it happening. They save a lot on production costs by filming two seasons back to back in the same location and they love the beach seasons.

It's not a huge surprise that someone with an Ozzy avi wants it to be more about the survival aspect though. :laugh:

they can afford the beach locations. that + Mark whatshisface said he really doesn't like/want landlock seasons. they also don't want (or can't afford) grumpy starving survivors. hence why they are all fed.

to the point second chance had all the idols, i just maintain my stance (to be fair). I personally don't like all of it. i don't mind advantges if they are to help you in the immunity and if you HAPPEN to win - good for you though I don't think to date anyone who has gotten an advantage has not won that challenge (and I think other than two people - Malcolm, and Abi Maria) have gone to win the game.

but everyone (but one person) should be vulnerable. i don't mind scramble play vs. a pagong (but i think you'll always end up with SOME SORT of pagong no matter how you slice it. my favourite survivors is 1 through 20 (and a sprinkling in the 20-30 range, maybe like 2-3). now they all blend to me.

I wouldn't mind a more "survive" season or again. focus on tribe life. i think it makes some decisions a bit easier.

Grant

LL Genius
Jan 16, 2012
London
they can afford the beach locations. that + Mark whatshisface said he really doesn't like/want landlock seasons. they also don't want (or can't afford) grumpy starving survivors. hence why they are all fed.

to the point second chance had all the idols, i just maintain my stance (to be fair). I personally don't like all of it. i don't mind advantges if they are to help you in the immunity and if you HAPPEN to win - good for you though I don't think to date anyone who has gotten an advantage has not won that challenge (and I think other than two people - Malcolm, and Abi Maria) have gone to win the game.

but everyone (but one person) should be vulnerable. i don't mind scramble play vs. a pagong (but i think you'll always end up with SOME SORT of pagong no matter how you slice it. my favourite survivors is 1 through 20 (and a sprinkling in the 20-30 range, maybe like 2-3). now they all blend to me.

I wouldn't mind a more "survive" season or again. focus on tribe life. i think it makes some decisions a bit easier.

I wouldn't mind this either because I've noticed the last few seasons that there is NEVER a reason to keep the physical players around who are also (generally) better at providing food or building a shelter.

Between have tons of food rewards and the 1 or 2 tribe swaps in addition to the merge, there isn't a reason to keep those strong players around because for all you know the next day there's a tribe swap and now you have to face against this strong player in challenges.

One possible solution to this is eliminate the tribe swaps before the merge but I hope they don't do this as I love how the tribe swap(s) before merge creates new cross alliances and overall brings a great aspect to the game in my opinion.

Loosie

The Eternal Optimist
Jun 14, 2011
Kitchener, Ontario
They've started to revamp it a bit though, they just need to be more consistent. The last few times people have gone looking for an idol they find a clue to where the idol is.

I think they need to either have the immunity idols right around camp so it's a lot hard to be sneaky, or continue to have them at challenges.

I also like the idea of the idols you find pre-merge are good only up until the merge, and then post merge there is only one out there. I think they also need to not replace them. Once an idol is found and used it is burned and does not go back in the game.

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
The legacy advantage needs to die.

Yea, but they also need to kill some of these idols.. or put a limit on them. If they find it early, it needs to be used by the merge etc.

going into the final with 5 immunities in play is beyond ridiculous. If Aubry (for example) wins immunity and Tai gives one of his to Brad, the only person who can go home is Cirie.

Grant

LL Genius
Jan 16, 2012
London
This season has been pretty much a dud after the merge.

If Sarah wins she will be such a boring winner...

Agreed

The legacy advantage needs to die.

The two seasons it's appeared on happened back to back before either season was aired on tv so it was a surprise for castaways, there is no planning for it. I think this is why we've seen it twice now. I can't see it staying though, at least not in it's current form as I'm not sure of anyone that likes it.

I think I would have liked it better if you didn't transfer it to someone else after you got voted out. Only works for those who found it (preferably 1 clue hidden at each camp with directions on how to get the single legacy advantage hidden at a challenge). It means it would only be able to be used about 1/3rd of the time, but then in my opinion it actually holds meaning instead of just being another advantage implemented in the game for the sake of having a twist.

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
Yea, but they also need to kill some of these idols.. or put a limit on them. If they find it early, it needs to be used by the merge etc.

going into the final with 5 immunities in play is beyond ridiculous. If Aubry (for example) wins immunity and Tai gives one of his to Brad, the only person who can go home is Cirie.

Pretty much. and I'd be so pissed

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
She doesn't really deserve to come back (she is the Francesca to Tony's Phillip) but I'm putting up Sarah as my winner pick.

I guess I'll jinx my pre-season prediction by bumping this. She by no means has it in the bag, but I would take her head-to-head against anyone left.

Also, I definitely stand by saying that she didn't do enough in her first shot to be called a game changer, but man does she deserve it this time. Her finger prints have been all over the post-merge.

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
I guess I'll jinx my pre-season prediction by bumping this. She by no means has it in the bag, but I would take her head-to-head against anyone left.

Also, I definitely stand by saying that she didn't do enough in her first shot to be called a game changer, but man does she deserve it this time. Her finger prints have been all over the post-merge.

yah. out of everyone, i'd vote Sarah to win.
It would depend on final jury performance which I think is critical. I think Cirie is being bounced - but IF she got to the finals, I wanna hear her spin a yarn, and I think she could sell ice to an eskimo.

But if it's
Sarah, Aubrey, Tai - Sarah Wins

Sarah, Aubrey, troyzan - Sarah Wins

Sarah, Tai, Troyzan - Sarah Wins

Sarah, Brad, Tai - Brad makes it interesting (because of Sierra and other 'bitter jury")
and again, I think Cirie makes it interesting as well.

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
There's Varner front and centre with a big smile.. soo.. this is going to be interesting. and they are going to address it in the reunion. so prepare for awkward.

i'm also still don't enjoy the "live cuts" in the finale.

SensBrawler

Jun 24, 2013
Maybe if she "got up off her couch" and found a idol, she wouldn't have gone home.

Well, sure. But idols shouldn't be the be all end all. Cirie didn't even get a vote against her. When there's basically four of them left at the final six, there's a problem.

SensBrawler

Jun 24, 2013
Brad sure is beasting these challenges, but does he seriously need to mention Monica every episode? I know she's a neat lady and all, but it comes across as a bit forced.

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
I believe that tribal went almost exactly as I thought.

****. I am so pissed. I was rooting so hard for her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad