TV: Survivor: Game Changers (Episode Discussion)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Honestly, I will never understand why people take people who they can beat to the end. (I mean it makes it more interesting) but seriously, read a room. but people have been doing this forever and it will never change.

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
idk i just dont see how sarah outplayed culpepper

she constantly went into tribal with no clue what was going on, she was only in the final 3 because brad allowed her to.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John

she constantly went into tribal with no clue what was going on, she was only in the final 3 because brad allowed her to.

I agree. Brad should have won.

I think Sarah was lucky to have even made it to the point where Brad chose her over Tai.

Jury was emotional and bitter. Michaela came off looking stupid IMO.

SensBrawler

Jun 24, 2013

Wut? :laugh:

She voted correctly EVERY SINGLE TIME.

You know who didn't know what was going on half the time? Brad Culpepper. He was in the dark during the Debbie vote, the Sierra vote and the Zeke vote.

Also, LMAO at your last point. She was lucky that Brad allowed her to make it to the final three? Nope. Brad made a stupid move taking Sarah over Tai. It's a mark against Brad, not Sarah.

Olvast

Sep 12, 2011
In the end, Brad couldn't keep the charade up long enough. He played a pretty brilliant first half of the season, but in the final episode he played badly (outside of the immunity challenges of course). He got cocky, and didn't see Sarah as the threat she clearly was. It would've been a no-brainer to vote her of at the final four, but the thought didn't even cross his mind.

Sarah was clearly the deserving winner, played a brilliant game. Especially after the merge.

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009

I agree. Brad should have won.

I think Sarah was lucky to have even made it to the point where Brad chose her over Tai.

Jury was emotional and bitter. Michaela came off looking stupid IMO.

outside of the immunity challenge run can you explain how Brad outplayed Sarah?

and berglund you're wrong. I don't remember the pre-merge, but I think post merge, Sarah either influenced, or was on the right side of the vote, every single time.

just because I don't "see" it (ie; Michelle winning KR), i'll never say so and so DIDN'T deserve to win. they won. they did enough TO win.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
Sarah played similar to Tony but did it better. And Tony played one of the greatests seasons of all time. She was either the deciding factor or in on every single vote after the merge, outside of the Cirie exit. She was so well liked she could flip to which ever side favoured her game. She controlled the post-merge game.

Also, she wasn't lucky to get to the end. She choice to friend up with Brad in the final days instead being neurtal or going against Brad.

Brad played a decent game but not worthy of winning. Not at all. Cirie was the 2nd best game.

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland
Sarah wasn't one of my favourites but I'm happy she won. Brad should have seen her as a threat and voted her out but instead chose to take his revenge on Tai. In a season like this, the final tribal deserved to be tight competition than Brad clearly winning over Tai and Troyzan. I kind of liked the new version of the final tribal because there was actual discussion and arguments. For too long the final tribal has been mostly boring with jury members just congratulating players and saying it's all fine and blaablaablaa, without any drama or debates, now they got something going on.Also Michaela still sucks, who cares about irrelevant facts about your life?

Lol at people saying Sarah is one of the worst winners, she was responsible of so many of the people voted out and had a good understanding of the game. Usually people cry when the most strategical player don't win because of "bitter jury" but now when it happens, it's still somehow wrong. Sarah had relationship with most of the jury members, voted them out and still got their votes, so she wasn't only tactical but also had a great social game. Brad had the physical game from the beginning and good alliances, but didn't apparently have much social game outside his alliance members. His resume was great but it didn't match up against Sarah.

I was dissapointed with Troy the whole game, he had more kick to his game the first time. Now he just seemed happy to be there all game long.

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
Also Michaela still sucks, who cares about irrelevant facts about your life?

when you go up in final tribal council and go i have a strong social game (as Brad did), and someone you spent almost two weeks with goes "so okay, you bonded with everyone, tell me about yourself." and the only thing you can do is list where you work, and where you go to school, - it proves the point that your social game may not be on point as you thought it was.

Brad answered that completely wrong. (and it was evidenced how Michaela + Cirie reacted).

I can't remember which Parvarti season it was, but someone pointed out Parvarti has an amazing social game... if she likes you. (or needs something from you). if she doesn't like you or you don't mean anything for her (ie - a vote) Parvarti could be really, really mean and ignored you.

Where as someone like Kim - she NEVER made ANYONE (maybe except Troy but there was a lot of 'behind the scenes stuff so i can't figure it all out) feel slighted. she let everyone talk and made everyone feel important. (Cirie does this really well too). does she like EVERYONE? No. but can she talk about people other than where they went to school/what theyd o for work? i would bet yes.

and that's key. you can't play the social/we bonded game, and then have no idea about people not in your alliance. (and even if you were in that situation - turn it that yah, we didn't click and that was wrong but look what i know about Tai (list stuff) Troy (list stuff) Sarah (list stuff) Sierra, and Ozzy and Cirie.. make it that it was just Michaela. instead Brad got all indignant, and all "what do you want from me."

not very "social-game" savvy there.

Grant

LL Genius
Jan 16, 2012
London
Because Brad, Troy, and Sarah were a tight 3 and he didn't want to be at their mercy at the final 4. If he could have kept Cirie and Aubry then they would have controlled the next two votes.

I think Fishbach made a good point about the new jury format that could lead to more switched votes at FTC. He says under the old format a lot of jurors didn't really listen to eachothers questions because they were too busy going over their own questions in their head, or thinking about how it went after they did it. This format will be more engaging and could lead to different votes. The one thing I don't like about it is it could prop up weaker finalists that have persuasive friends on the jury. I like it overall though.

The most puzzling thing of the night was when Ozzy said he would vote for Tai during the reunion. After his big speech about how Brad was finally accomplishing what Ozzy had been trying to do for 10 years, no one knows how hard it is to win challenges, and Sarah shouldn't win because she flipped, I have no clue in what world he could justify voting for Tai over Brad. I loved Ozzy the first time around but he has become very tiring since then, I hope this was his last time out there.

I agree and disagree. I agree that persuasive friends can and do prop up a weaker finalist. But I disagree that it can/will happen at final tribal. In my opinion this would happen at Ponderosa. This final tribal I felt was more to have an open discussion about a few question marks that people still had with jurors being able to say why they thought it was important. Overall I'm not sure if anyone changed their mind from that discussion, I'd be curious to see if anyone admits that it did (maybe Hali and that's it?). Otherwise I think everyone already had their mind made up.

Going in reverse order from this most recent season to older seasons, the vote count for the winner are:
7-3-0
10-0-0
5-2-0
10-0-0
6-1-1
5-2-1
8-1
7-1-0
8-0-0
6-1-1
7-2-0
6-3-0
8-1-0
5-4-0

Have to go back 14 seasons to Survivor Nicaragua where Fabio won to find a season where an open discussion may have changed changed enough votes to get someone else to win as the trend is near unanimous decisions. Also getting those persuasive friends on the jury is part of jury management and apart of a good game.

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
i'm thinking, Grant the one most think of is the KR finale w/Michelle + Aubrey as reports said that Scot and Jason were bullying people to vote for Michelle.

SensBrawler

Jun 24, 2013
i'm thinking, Grant the one most think of is the KR finale w/Michelle + Aubrey as reports said that Scot and Jason were bullying people to vote for Michelle.

That's obviously not true though if you look at who was on the jury.

Julia was best friends with Michele, so it's no surprise that she voted for her.
Debbie would never let Scot and Jason influence her. Besides, after she was voted out she said she wouldn't vote Aubry.
Cydney was close to Michele and judging by her Ponderosa video, Scot and Jason shunned her anyways.
And obviously Joe and Nick voted for Aubry.

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
That's obviously not true though if you look at who was on the jury.

Julia was best friends with Michele, so it's no surprise that she voted for her.
Debbie would never let Scot and Jason influence her. Besides, after she was voted out she said she wouldn't vote Aubry.
Cydney was close to Michele and judging by her Ponderosa video, Scot and Jason shunned her anyways.
And obviously Joe and Nick voted for Aubry.

right. that's what I thought.
but i was just going how according to Probst this was put in place after KR. (because of influencing).
I dunno. like i said I was surprised re: Aubrey NOT winning, but when you see it break down it makes sense why Michelle won in that scenario.

unless Jeff thought (and we can add say.... Russell/Samoa in there) if people can open forum reasons why they should win some times results can be swayed. tht's my best guess.

SensBrawler

Jun 24, 2013
right. that's what I thought.
but i was just going how according to Probst this was put in place after KR. (because of influencing).
I dunno. like i said I was surprised re: Aubrey NOT winning, but when you see it break down it makes sense why Michelle won in that scenario.

unless Jeff thought (and we can add say.... Russell/Samoa in there) if people can open forum reasons why they should win some times results can be swayed. tht's my best guess.

It's funny how Jeff still can't get over the fact that the winner doesn't always have to be the best strategist. I understand that some people thought Aubry/Russell should have won, but most people seem to be over it by now. Not Jeff though.

And yeah, I guess he thinks it could make a difference, but I have a tough time imagining people changing their minds because of it. I guess we'll see how it goes in future seasons.

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
It's funny how Jeff still can't get over the fact that the winner doesn't always have to be the best strategist. I understand that some people thought Aubry/Russell should have won, but most people seem to be over it by now. Not Jeff though.

And yeah, I guess he thinks it could make a difference, but I have a tough time imagining people changing their minds because of it. I guess we'll see how it goes in future seasons.

that's the thing. like. I don't think Russell deserved to win. There is a guy who broke down specifically how/why Russell lost the jury vote TWICE. i mean people can call it bitter jury - but it's very accurate. it's one thing to bulldoze your way to the jury. but if you **** everyone off - you're never. going. to win.

i'd actually truly like to se a final where it's sort of like Yul vs. Ozzy. one is challenge beast makes massive move, massive move. and they're both likeable. (so i can tolerate watching ;) ) or they are both a-holes. if it's completely equal and tangible like that i'm curious how it will split. In Cook islands it went Yul's way (in an era where challenge dominance was still very much respected and looked over "big moves")

For me, I always look at the person who played the best game (which is why it gets me mad when they start focusing on the "fan favourite" (ie: Aubrey/Russell) and you ignore Michele, or Natalie or whomever (Sophie got it WORSE i think). but i also get the whole, you need to also get me to like you. (because i'm thinking do i wanna give my vote to a complete jerk. answer. no). so if i don't like you - convince me. if i like you (im also not going to just give you my vote. articulate why). that's why Final Tribal is always so key (for me).

this is also why I think one good way to kill the "drag the goat" - is that the jury votes for the goat. (i'd love that to see jeff's head explode)

Grant

LL Genius
Jan 16, 2012
London

But I guess what I mean is Scot and Jason would be doing that mostly at Ponderosa rather than at final tribal. I personally don't think the final tribal changes much/anything since the jury members are already talking to each other about game play for up to something like 20 days at Ponderosa. Unless they start isolating people from each other after getting voted out, I think pretty much everyone has made up their mind prior to going to the final tribal as they will have been able to figure out almost everything that happened with the new info as people get voted out and added to the jury.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad