TV: Survivor: Game Changers (Episode Discussion)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
That vote made no sense. Cirie obviously made a mistake not reading what the vote stealer paper said, but why did Sarah steal a vote to vote out of her alliance members? That made no sense.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
That second half of the episode should've really been a full episode, so much crazyness unfolded. You would think these people would be fairly good at this game, but there was so much bad gameplay going on, I couldn't believe it. Especially from my pool-pick Cirie, dauymn girl. Even if she did read the advantage to the end, why on earth would you steal the vote from Sarah? She really makes some weird decisions from time to time. Probably going to get her voted out next.

We still have what, 4 idols in the game? That is just wrong.

I think she was doing that to gain Tai's trust so he wouldn't use an idol. If she steals a vote from Troyzan for example, Tai is going to not believe her and use his idol. But if she says she's going to use the advantage to steal Sarah's vote and stop Sarah from blindsiding him then it's far more believable. Then she goes back to camp and explains it all to Sarah. I thought it was actually quite clever if she could actually use the thing.

Also, did she have to give it back to Sarah? Like it said it's not transferable, meaning Cirie couldn't use it, however it wasn't stolen, Sarah gave it to Cirie as a sign of goodwill like Jeff said she could do. Could Cirie after that mistake say to Sarah, nope you gave it to me. It's worthless to me, but as long as I have it tonight you can't use it against me now that you think I was going to try to screw you over. The way Jeff said she could give it to her but Cirie couldn't use it to me sounded like she didn't have to give it back.

Also yeah the idol thing is a bit much, I'd assume they didn't expect everyone to keep them and still be in the game until now, but you could literally see someone go home next because they're the only one without safety. Say Aubrey wins immunity, Sarah plays her safety, the plan is to go after Troyzan, he plays his idol. Then Tai relizes he can send Cirie home automatically by just playing his idols for himself and Brad. Everyone has immunity except Cirie.

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland
So next tribal there are 6 people left, 3 hidden immunity idols, 1 legacy advantage and 1 winnable immunity. If Tai gave one of his idols away, then basically only one person is vulnerable. Same thing with 5 people left if none of the idols are played and the legacy thing can't be played then anymore.

Happy that Michaela is gone, sad to see Andrea go. As long as Aubrey doesn't win, I'm quite happy.

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
that was kind of a crap scenario. There are too many idols and advantages in this game; and a good player just got screwed by the wording on one of them. If someone gives you an advantage, you assume that advantage is yours. I don't think that was right at all.

all the idols & advantages this season have put a taint for me.

going into tribal I was super impressed that Cirie played Tai, and was going to get him out of the game. I like Tai, but the way she angled that was awesome. And she got screwed by a technicality.

I don't know who I want to win anymore. I don't really dislike anyone left. Everyone is playing hard, just different.

Also, the go fishing comment was hilarious. I really like Michaela, but she is just so not built for this game.

Gains

Apr 29, 2012
Montreal
That vote made no sense. Cirie obviously made a mistake not reading what the vote stealer paper said, but why did Sarah steal a vote to vote out of her alliance members? That made no sense.

I think that she wanted to basically flush her advantage to not be seen as a bigger target. I'm guessing it became her plan once Cirie revealed the advantage, otherwise she would have kept it.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
They definitely went way to over board on the amount of advantages this season. I don't think there should be more then one immunity idol cycling through the game at a time.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
it should be how it was in Guatamala, Cook Islands, Fiji.

ONE Idol. Once you find it, have it and play it. No more idols. (if you have to have any).
I've never been a fan of HII. but now they have Hiis, and now you can't split votes (logically), to flush out the Hii basically making it as long as you don't advertise it and you are sitting pretty - you're safe for ages.

Survivor is making this show really boring. very little focus on tribe life. very little focus on dynamics except it's JUST before tribal, right AFTER tribal... and some times at tribal. like i doubt that everything is dead.

The Drop

Rain Drop, Drop Top
Jul 12, 2015
Vancouver
No, letting Cirie use her own advantage against her would have been extremely foolish (she couldn't have know Cirie actually WAS trying to help her). Cirie was seemingly trying to betray her and frame Tai so it makes sense to join up with Tai's alliance to vote out Cirie's strongest ally (though why they didn't just go for Cirie herself I don't know).

The move where she gave the Cirie the advantage but didn't tell her that she couldn't use it was a very strong move to earn trust with little risk.

You can also see the strong bonds she has with people. The episode started with Andrea trying to get her out and getting the boot because of it. Then, Tai said he wanted to take out Sarah and Aubrey immediately said they should go for Tai.

Why not pick Cirie then ?

Her strong bonds are from people not seeing her as a player. She's always the one to flop

Gains

Apr 29, 2012
Montreal

ONE Idol. Once you find it, have it and play it. No more idols. (if you have to have any).
I've never been a fan of HII. but now they have Hiis, and now you can't split votes (logically), to flush out the Hii basically making it as long as you don't advertise it and you are sitting pretty - you're safe for ages.

Survivor is making this show really boring. very little focus on tribe life. very little focus on dynamics except it's JUST before tribal, right AFTER tribal... and some times at tribal. like i doubt that everything is dead.

I agree, I'd rather have more survival aspect and different locations. I'd like a season similar to Gabon if possible, since Samoa they've pretty much settled for the beach location.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Why not pick Cirie then ?

Her strong bonds are from people not seeing her as a player. She's always the one to flop

I've seen the theory tossed around that she maybe couldn't decide if Cirie was telling the truth or not and didn't want to get rid of her or Tai, but instead hurt Cirie a bit by taking out her ally and figuring it all out when they got back to the beach. Rather than make a rash decision and be wrong.

At which point she didn't trust Cirie, Tai, Aubrey, or Michaela for sure, so use the power to vote with Troyzan and Brad to take out Michaela. Then when you get back to camp, figure out whether you trust Cirie or not, and Tai or not. Though if she did try to go back with her not, Tai goes with the guys and they don't have numbers, not that numbers may matter for the next vote with all the idols out there.

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
that was kind of a crap scenario. There are too many idols and advantages in this game; and a good player just got screwed by the wording on one of them. If someone gives you an advantage, you assume that advantage is yours. I don't think that was right at all.

all the idols & advantages this season have put a taint for me.

going into tribal I was super impressed that Cirie played Tai, and was going to get him out of the game. I like Tai, but the way she angled that was awesome. And she got screwed by a technicality.

I don't know who I want to win anymore. I don't really dislike anyone left. Everyone is playing hard, just different.

Also, the go fishing comment was hilarious. I really like Michaela, but she is just so not built for this game.

She talked about this in her exit interview. When she was telling Brad to go fish they were already thinking about targeting Andrea, so she was trying to help Brad by trying to tell him to lower his threat level by fishing for the tribe as opposed to scrambling for an idol. She couldn't come right out a reveal their plan though and realizes that she didn't have any tact in the situation though and didn't get her message across.

I'd agree there are too many this advantages/idols this season, but that is more a product of everyone hoarding them. Second chances also had 4 idols and a vote stealer (so just not the legacy advantage) and it felt like the right amount because they were all used in entertaining ways.

I'd rather watch a game where people have to over strategize and get burnt by trying to hard than watch where a tight alliance sticks together and picks off the other tribe one by one. At least this way the minority has some hope and the majority has to be cautious.

I agree, I'd rather have more survival aspect and different locations. I'd like a season similar to Gabon if possible, since Samoa they've pretty much settled for the beach location.

Don't see it happening. They save a lot on production costs by filming two seasons back to back in the same location and they love the beach seasons.

It's not a huge surprise that someone with an Ozzy avi wants it to be more about the survival aspect though. :laugh:

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Don't see it happening. They save a lot on production costs by filming two seasons back to back in the same location and they love the beach seasons.

It's not a huge surprise that someone with an Ozzy avi wants it to be more about the survival aspect though. :laugh:

Yeah, plus they've probably tested the crap out of their audiences at this point and know what works. I remember location was always a big thing in the first handful of seasons, but you know exactly what to expect now.

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland
I don't mind different advantages so much but I don't like that other competitors aren't aware of these new ones. Like people go to tribals and suddenly players start pulling these weird, never before seen advantages out of their ***** and then it's supposed to be super strategic when they play an advantage no one had any idea that it even existed. Players should be aware of all the different idols, advantages, vote stealers etc. in the beginning of the game.

Grant

LL Genius
Jan 16, 2012
London
Just a thought, but would those against the number of idols or idols altogether be more in favour of them if they had certain time frames to be used? For example, 1 idol on each original beach that can only be used before merge + 1 new idol on the merge beach that is good for the rest of the game.

Olvast

Sep 12, 2011
Just a thought, but would those against the number of idols or idols altogether be more in favour of them if they had certain time frames to be used? For example, 1 idol on each original beach that can only be used before merge + 1 new idol on the merge beach that is good for the rest of the game.

I could live with that, not a bad idea at all.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
:laugh: Congrats Cirie, you win the award for biggest idiot of the season.

And thank god Michaela is gone, what a miserable human being.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
The end of the season just seems so rushed. I would rather rush the beginning of the season when there are less impact plays made then have what we have now. 8 people left and 2 episodes to tell how it ends. That sucks.

Seriously. They did the same thing last season since nobody left the game due to injury. This ep was so rushed that it was terrible.

Immunity challenge - 2 minutes on beach - tribal - Immunity challenge - 2 minutes on beach - tribal. No story telling at all.

Loosie

The Eternal Optimist
Jun 14, 2011
Kitchener, Ontario
So Tai has two idols, Sarah has the legacy advantage so if neither of them win immunity at 6 then you can only vote out one of 3.

Troyzan had the other idol right?

In other words Tai has a clear path to the final 4 [SPOIL]but it seems like he royally screws that up on Wednesday[/SPOIL]

(I wrapped it in spoiler tags because I know there are some people in here that don't like watching the 'next time on' bumpers)

Loosie

The Eternal Optimist
Jun 14, 2011
Kitchener, Ontario
Seriously. They did the same thing last season since nobody left the game due to injury. This ep was so rushed that it was terrible.

Immunity challenge - 2 minutes on beach - tribal - Immunity challenge - 2 minutes on beach - tribal. No story telling at all.

Agreed with this, that episode was all challenges and tribals. Now that being said it;s likely not much happened at camp in between them so maybe that's why they did it this way.

weaponomega

Feb 9, 2004
Calgary, Alberta
I like HIIs and the threat of having them in play. I think it adds a complexity to the game. I do think they are far to easy to find and keep hidden in the game. I think they should make the idol next to impossible to find without a clue.

Maybe have a multiple parts to an idol - you have to find all the components and then put it together to create the immunity idol.

Have it hidden somewhere in that is constantly frequented by other players. I liked when they hid the things during the challenges. It took guts and guile to pick it up.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Hidden Immunity Idols is definitely better than no Hidden Immunity Idols. IMO it was the best addition the game ever made because even just the threat of them adds so much complexity to the votes and so much more intrigue at tribal councils.

That being said, there's no question that they've become too common, especially this season. It was cool when it was a more rare thing for people to find. I remember it was a big deal when someone went looking for an idol without receiving a clue beforehand. Now it's just what everyone does and its lost a lot of its luster as far as intrigue goes.

I'm hoping they find a way to revamp it. It may just be as simple as making them more rare, or maybe not hiding it until someone has found a clue or something, so you don't get people jumping ahead by just digging up every rock or fallen log in site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad