TV: Survivor: Game Changers (Episode Discussion)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
Show is starting to get old with me. Never seems like the person who was best with the actual challenges wins. Seems like that happens every season.

They need to mix this up. Always seems like boring/weak/uncompelling people hang around for too long, and the actual exciting players whether annoying/endearing go home early.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Show is starting to get old with me. Never seems like the person who was best with the actual challenges wins. Seems like that happens every season.

They need to mix this up. Always seems like boring/weak/uncompelling people hang around for too long, and the actual exciting players whether annoying/endearing go home early.

because it's not just about winning challenges.
and Mike literally won 5 challenges and won the season two seasons ago.

SensBrawler

Jun 24, 2013
If Cochran gets to talk more than some of this season's cast, I'll be annoyed.

Edit: Ok, he didn't. Good.

SensBrawler

Jun 24, 2013
What a weird theme.

I mean, it looks like they just chose three random words that started with H. :laugh:

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
Whatever. The themes mean nothing after a day or two.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes

Go watch American Ninja than.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Sarah or Brad would have been a worthy winner. I think they got it right but wouldn't have been upset with Brad winning either. They both played really quality games. The underdog type of game that Brad plays winning out to the end after playing well early before losing the numbers often does win(The guy on Worlds Apart, I can't remember his name did that), but Sarah controlled a lot of the game, even knowing she couldn't get Brad out she still was able to control enough to get the person she wanted out, even if it meant sitting next to Brad in the final 3 after he won out, and his dumb move of bringing her to the end made him less worthy IMO.

The Cirie getting screwed was kinda dumb but really predictable. I didn't hate it as much as how Malcolm went home(essentially being vote out by the other tribe), but it's still not really the fairest way to go, by default. It's a total fluke though. The odds that 3 idols got to 6 and all got played with that advantage, and the immunity was slim. I know a lot of people hate the idols and I wouldn't mind having 1 at each beach pre merge and then just 1 post merge like someone suggested, but I don't think cracking down on idols a lot if the way to go. They probably should have had Sarah's safety(my memory is bad, can't recall what it's called) be for final 13 or final 7 in the off chance all idols were still in play and played at 6 to prevent the go home by default. The only real similarity to this was when Keith almost went home his 2nd turn by rocks. With an immunity, a final 6 with 2 idols played(correctly too), the 2nd vote tying on 2 people, had they not came to a consensus they both would have been safe as well and Keith would have went home by default as the only guy who had to draw a rock.

I like that Jeff told us what happens in the case of a tie(the 3rd place person goes to the jury and votes as a tiebreaker). I've always wanted a final tribal tie. However that tiebreaker rule still didn't clarify what happens in the following 2 scenarios

a) 9 person jury, final 3, and a 3 to 3 to 3 tie there is no extra person to vote. Example: One World had a final 3 with 9 votes

b) Final 2, even number of votes(happens in rare cases), and a tie there isn't that extra guy in the final 3 to vote. Example: FvF1 had a final 2 with 8 votes

Hurricane28

Angry Flyers STH/Weather Guy
Aug 22, 2012
South Jersey
Sarah played one hell of a game after her blunder in Cagayan. Loved the new format. The old format of FTC was starting to get stale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad