Votes: 12 60.0%
  • [8] New York Rangers

Votes: 5 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
I'm not sold on the EDM-VEG and MTL-DAL match-ups.

EDM-VEG, MTL-DAL, VAN-NYR, ARI-COL are all matchups I could be flipped in, so half. Only really locked in for BOS-NYI (not cause I particularly like Bostons team, they're not in my top tier but look at the match up), TOR-OTT, LA-DET

Feel free to shift your votes to Edmonton. You may receive some favouritism later on... :naughty:

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
:vegas

Keep the votes coming for Vegas. We are a squad built for the playoffs. Tons of experience, but most players in the prime of their career

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
Okay I'm gonna stay it, there's gotta be 2/3 people intentionally voting against the trend

Panda Bear

Apr 2, 2010
Hate to break it to you but Monahan is a 2x 30 goal scorer and a great 2 way player. Not sure when he became a “goal suck”. In the same vein, Mike Hoffman’s 29 goals in 69 games become a goal suck when? I’m sorry but your idea that is a “badly formed line” doesn’t hold any water.

also, Trochek doesn’t need to be the 75 point getter. Though with line mates like Lindholm and DeBrusk it’s certainly well within his reach. Also, let’s keep in mind he had a bad season last year. But back up to 40 points in 60 games. He is showing he still has an offensive ability and his real strength comes in shutting guys down.

My defense is deep and combined with Ben Bishop, I am more than positive we can keep McDavid in check. My “poorly formed 2nd line” complete with 3 guys who have scored 30+ goals is just that. MY 2nd LINE. I feel confident in my offense to light the lamp.
There is no world where you can convince me that Hoffman isn't a goal suck or Monahan is a good "two-way" player. You do know that Monahan's main criticisms for years now are 1) he relies entirely on Gaudreau for his offence, and 2) his defensive game is sorely lacking? Any fan based in the Pacific can tell you that from watching him. Your second line has two players of the same type, and any line with more than one of them is in trouble.

Monahan is the ultimate regular season player alongside Gaudreau.

If Trocheck had a bad season his year where he potted 38 in 62 (prorates to 50 points in 80 games), then he did last year and in 2016-17 and 2015-16--but at least between 2015-17, he had a never-die motor. He hasn't been a reliable shutdown player in two seasons now. I'll give you Debrusk and Lindholm, but I happen to have the most physical player (Sanford) and the best defensive player (Silfverberg) between our lines. Your line does, however, have a good style blend among the three whereas mine will rely more on boardwork, crease crashing and Nelson sniping from the slot.

Even my top line is better constructed since I don't have three guys competing to be the puck carrier. You should only have two with the third player in another role. I have: Pacioretty, a volume shooter who finds open space well and is reliable in all zones; Perron, who can transport the puck and rag it in the offensive zone, who can both shoot and create; and freaking McDavid, whose best partners are smart players who can give-and-go and find open space around the net.

Even your defence is wrong where you have Pietrangelo and Brodin on their off sides.

Panda Bear

Apr 2, 2010
Looks like I'm bang on with the votes. Even the matchup that I said was closest is tied 3-3.

Only WPG is where my vote diverges as CBJ is winning by a large margin
That's because people don't understand line construction and fall in love with player reputations over actual production.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
All of these seem to be clear except for mine where I’m holding onto my lead for dear life :laugh:

Reactions: hockeynorth

Panda Bear

Apr 2, 2010
And for all those people saying "you need different wingers for McDavid", you're probably the ones that think the ideal McDavid winger has to be really fast even though that's completely irrelevant for him.

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
And for all those people saying "you need different wingers for McDavid", you're probably the ones that think the ideal McDavid winger has to be really fast even though that's completely irrelevant for him.

I do hate when people say that.

'Kapanen would be deadly with McDavid'

Blinny

This is the Sway
Jan 6, 2010
Dorchester
There is no world where you can convince me that Hoffman isn't a goal suck or Monahan is a good "two-way" player. You do know that Monahan's main criticisms for years now are 1) he relies entirely on Gaudreau for his offence, and 2) his defensive game is sorely lacking? Any fan based in the Pacific can tell you that from watching him. Your second line has two players of the same type, and any line with more than one of them is in trouble.

Monahan is the ultimate regular season player alongside Gaudreau.

If Trocheck had a bad season his year where he potted 38 in 62 (prorates to 50 points in 80 games), then he did last year and in 2016-17 and 2015-16--but at least between 2015-17, he had a never-die motor. He hasn't been a reliable shutdown player in two seasons now. I'll give you Debrusk and Lindholm, but I happen to have the most physical player (Sanford) and the best defensive player (Silfverberg) between our lines. Your line does, however, have a good style blend among the three whereas mine will rely more on boardwork, crease crashing and Nelson sniping from the slot.

Even my top line is better constructed since I don't have three guys competing to be the puck carrier. You should only have two with the third player in another role. I have: Pacioretty, a volume shooter who finds open space well and is reliable in all zones; Perron, who can transport the puck and rag it in the offensive zone, who can both shoot and create; and freaking McDavid, whose best partners are smart players who can give-and-go and find open space around the net.

Even your defence is wrong where you have Pietrangelo and Brodin on their off sides.

So I’ll go to the roster thread and flip them. Problem solved. And really, is it that big a deal. Simple error is what your hanging my 1st pairing on?

By your logic Monahan is the ultimate regular season guy with Gaudreau. Remove Gaudreau, insert Laine and add another speedster that can shoot. I won’t lose any sleep over it. This line is constructed around Laine. Monahan is a high end playmaker. Let him get Laine pucks.

Panda Bear

Apr 2, 2010
Monahan is not a playmaker, dude. He ghosts open in the slot or the back post to pot Gaudreau passes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad