Votes: 12 60.0%
  • [8] New York Rangers

Votes: 5 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
Probably the second one. Fourth line and third pairing are significantly better. Parise doesn't cut it for me at all, and Gaudreau overrated now.

I can send you my spreadsheet if you want it.

I think his team wins either way

Hornqvist - Hischier - Rust on the 3rd line and Theodore - Fox on the 2nd pair makes it the deepest team

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
Probably the second one. Fourth line and third pairing are significantly better. Parise doesn't cut it for me at all, and Gaudreau overrated now.

I can send you my spreadsheet if you want it.
Greatttttttttt, I feel like Gaudreau + Parise with my depth is great though, 2/3LW on my team

Panda Bear

Apr 2, 2010
I feel like some people aren't aware of how badly Ziba crushed it this year on his own line away from Panarin.

Edit: or how many strong shots on goal my defence would be getting on net.

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
I feel like some people aren't aware of how badly Ziba crushed it this year on his own line away from Panarin.

Edit: or how many strong shots on goal my defence would be getting on net.
Your team is good, no one said it wasnt

Gibby

Apr 29, 2010
London, ON
@Makaveli is a coward and hasn't really come at me yet so I guess I'll say a lil something. :laugh:

I think the overall theme of this team is to get on the puck fast, and if you don't win the race get physical and tough.

First of all, not even going to look at his first line (I have but this adds drama), I am extremely confident in my first line to do it all. Anchored by Sid, this line is not only skilled offensively but this line has guys that will wear the oppenent down and grind it out down low. Lose the puck, and they'll fight twice as hard to get it back. They're also pretty good at getting under the opponents skin and are well versed in the "game within the game". There's a ton of winning and playoff experience here. Defensively this line can absolutely go toe to toe with top lines and play the crucial minutes.

Line 2 I think I'll get some slack but here me out. Tom Wilson playing with Point and Burakovsky is not going to be asked to do anything more than get on the puck, play the body, move it out and go to the net. Gonna let the skill guys make plays here and Burakovsky can open it up wide with his speed. Point is also really solid defensively and in the dot, so they don't really need to be sheltered but I'm not going to say they can play the defensive game line 1 can.

It's hard to argue matchups but let's say line 3 is up against line 3. Killorn and Pageau play a very hard nosed playoff game and I personally think when it comes to 3rd lines (or any lines really), playing with the puck is going to be nore important than making skill plays. I like my chances if this line can play that game vs. Olofsson, RNH, Buchnevich.

The way I see line 4 is I have 3 lines who can play 18+ minutes a night...I want a line that's gonna crash and bang for 8-10. Effective and EXTREMELY physical, it will not be easy on opponents. Is there an edge for the opposition? Yes. Will they have to work at it? Absolutely. Are they gling to be hard minutes? Yes....4th lines should nor wear down teams phsysically even to the extent they will.

On D I have some gamebreakers back there and some veteran experience capable of eating tough defensive minutes. It's a super nice combo. Move the puck up to forwards, get it deep, and the forecheck should be relentless. In terms of his D, I see one really good weapon offensively. I think the gameplan has to be to actually go at Makar with our big guns. Crosby, Schenn, Killorn will all be on that side and it will be imperative to get Makar to engage physically and play below the goal line. I like my D to his but if we can stop Makar from playing with the puck in comfortable areas I LOVE my D.

...I don't know goalies...I can give em the advantage...though Kuemper and Raanta are definitely a top 10 tandem in my humble opinion.

This got really long...I'm sorry...just vote :wings:laugh:

Last edited:
Reactions: hockeynorth

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
I have changed some votes! After looking at teams again I flipped on a couple matchups, went back to my gut instinct on some. Debating is going to kill me

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
So hypothetically against a super defensive team are you better to really load up lines or spread your high end talent to make it harder to check all the elite players?

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
literally anyone.

this should be a fun debate ;)
Oh I'm very ready to show you why you're wrong... you know you're rock solid when your weakest link is a third pair RD and not say your top pair... or goalies... or offensive capabilities.

Haha yes, all in good fun;)

Gibby

Apr 29, 2010
London, ON
I am shocked by what's happening right now. The other game I understood where I stood a lil bit but here I thought I was a bit stronger...Sid is getting worked :laugh:

Reactions: hockeynorth

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
I am shocked by what's happening right now. The other game I understood where I stood a lil bit but here I thought I was a bit stronger...Sid is getting worked :laugh:
You ran into a really good team, and it's more depth of stars vs the power of your super stars here. @Makaveli it doesn't look like we've had a vote since last night, what time will this close and round 2 debates start at?

m0pe

Feb 24, 2020

While Crosby-Point is pretty great, I am not a fan of many of your older D who are trending down.

I also think your lack of high end wingers couldn't keep up with him.

Like said above, you faced a really strong team Round 1.

Reactions: Gibby

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
Yeah let me unleash this possession beast on Colorado! I already have my debate ready

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
So this would be the bracket correct?
Screen Shot 2020-05-10 at 11.29.32 AM.png

Reactions: Makaveli

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad