• [8] New York Rangers

Votes: 5 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Blinny

This is the Sway
Jan 6, 2010
Dorchester
1) Why would you have doubts about Perron, who put up 59 in 70, on a top line?
2) Do you not know who Mantha is? Gusev, in his debut season on a garbage Devils team, put up 33 points in his final 45 games. Ziba is not an island on this line.
3) Sanford-Nelson-Silfverberg isn't a shutdown line, but a physically powerful line for softer minutes. Silf is here as a defensive anchor.
4) Foligno-Staal-Donskoi is the shutdown line. Donskoi is here to rag the puck in o-zone. (Yes, maybe Silf should be here instead, but balance.)

5) Columbus' second line has half a line driver in Laine (his game is more than shooting). Monahan is a goalsuck, and Hoffman is a different kind of goal suck. It's a badly formed line.
6) Trocheck isn't that 75 point, super two-way forward that people thought he was going to be. He's a somewhat-selfish 50 point player with injury struggles.

He has a better top pair and marginally better third line, but that's it.

Hate to break it to you but Monahan is a 2x 30 goal scorer and a great 2 way player. Not sure when he became a “goal suck”. In the same vein, Mike Hoffman’s 29 goals in 69 games become a goal suck when? I’m sorry but your idea that is a “badly formed line” doesn’t hold any water.

also, Trochek doesn’t need to be the 75 point getter. Though with line mates like Lindholm and DeBrusk it’s certainly well within his reach. Also, let’s keep in mind he had a bad season last year. But back up to 40 points in 60 games. He is showing he still has an offensive ability and his real strength comes in shutting guys down.

My defense is deep and combined with Ben Bishop, I am more than positive we can keep McDavid in check. My “poorly formed 2nd line” complete with 3 guys who have scored 30+ goals is just that. MY 2nd LINE. I feel confident in my offense to light the lamp.

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
Hate to break it to you but Monahan is a 2x 30 goal scorer and a great 2 way player. Not sure when he became a “goal suck”. In the same vein, Mike Hoffman’s 29 goals in 69 games become a goal suck when? I’m sorry but your idea that is a “badly formed line” doesn’t hold any water.

also, Trochek doesn’t need to be the 75 point getter. Though with line mates like Lindholm and DeBrusk it’s certainly well within his reach. Also, let’s keep in mind he had a bad season last year. But back up to 40 points in 60 games. He is showing he still has an offensive ability and his real strength comes in shutting guys down.

My defense is deep and combined with Ben Bishop, I am more than positive we can keep McDavid in check. My “poorly formed 2nd line” complete with 3 guys who have scored 30+ goals is just that. MY 2nd LINE. I feel confident in my offense to light the lamp.
He is right about your better line construction tough, that'd go crazy

m0pe

Feb 24, 2020
Where is my opponent at...I need the team I am facing to fight with me over who is better :cf:

Reactions: Blinny

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
This is awesome lol.
It's hilarious! I thought yours would be the most heated but now I'm not sure which debate I love the most!

I feel like giving my opinions on every team may cost me though. I reallyyyyy want to see live results as this goes. How does everyone feel, a poll here or send in voting?

Reactions: Llamamoto49

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
It's hilarious! I thought yours would be the most heated but now I'm not sure which debate I love the most!

I feel like giving my opinions on every team may cost me though. I reallyyyyy want to see live results as this goes. How does everyone feel, a poll here or send in voting?

I'm fine with both options.

The Vegas - Edmonton thing is annoying because we both have great teams, but @AveryStar4Eva have a bit more respect for each other than some of the other posters in this thread :laugh:. We seem to always make trades with each other in GM games, so we want to keep that relationship lol.

EP to Kuzmenko

Dec 5, 2015
My first line has more goals this year than yours, you got Mackinnon early, pure luck. After that you got nothing, you say DeBrincat is a proven 40 goal score? He got 41, once, Connor Brown has as many points and he’s on my 4th line and I picked him late lol. My Defence is stellar, to attack my defence is insane. Goaltending? Murray was 20-11 and something, I can’t remember but if that’s what you call decline then so be it.
I am not saying your D is bad, I am saying mine is better. 6 more goals between our top lines, mine has better play making. Murray has a .899 save %. he was winning games by having a great team in front of him and was a weak link.

Blinny

This is the Sway
Jan 6, 2010
Dorchester
He is right about your better line construction tough, that'd go crazy
I’m not sure what you mean. Or if it’s good or bad. As I just recently saw in the other voting thread, I think he and I use “goalsuck” to mean 2 wildly different things

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
I'm fine with both options.

The Vegas - Edmonton thing is annoying because we both have great teams, but @AveryStar4Eva have a bit more respect for each other than some of the other posters in this thread :laugh:. We seem to always make trades with each other in GM games, so we want to keep that relationship lol.
I want to see it live and have outsiders chiming in haha

That makes sense, I'm always up for a good friendly debate so we'll see what happens n the later rounds

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
I’m not sure what you mean. Or if it’s good or bad. As I just recently saw in the other voting thread, I think he and I use “goalsuck” to mean 2 wildly different things
I like the idea of
Huberdeau-Barkov-Laine
Hoffman-Giroux-Voracek

m0pe

Feb 24, 2020
uhhhh @Makaveli can we add the switch votes option. I made a boo-boo....also I think friendly debate can change votes until the voting deadline is fine

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
Toronto - easily
Colorado - close, won due to Couturier vs Getzlaf

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad