Post-Game Talk: SUPER BOWL LVIII - CHIEFS WIN IN OT

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
I'm pretty sure the word 'fixed' will permeate on certain sites.
There was some rumors that a CBS exec leaked that the game was going to be the first double OT game in history, and we were about 30 seconds from that actually happening.

I can definitely see why people would think it's rigged. The league pushed the Chiefs and Kelce down our throat all year long.

NeelyOrr

Dec 23, 2018
Central NY
San Fran's defense collapsed on that final drive, but the offense lost this game. Had plenty of chances to take a big lead and couldn't do it.

The special teams fumble leading immediately to seven maybe the biggest moment of the game, too.

49ers kicked away another one
Well, at least this game wasn't a blowout. For a non-invested fan like myself, I found it entertaining.

San Fran's defense collapsed on that final drive, but the offense lost this game. Had plenty of chances to take a big lead and couldn't do it.

The special teams fumble leading immediately to seven maybe the biggest moment of the game, too.

49ers kicked away another one
"Kicked away." Good one.

Me

I love it. Never bet against Taylor.

I'd say 'never bet against Mahomes.'

bwunderlich

Feb 27, 2002
woodstock, ny
Visit site
There was some rumors that a CBS exec leaked that the game was going to be the first double OT game in history, and we were about 30 seconds from that actually happening.

I can definitely see why people would think it's rigged. The league pushed the Chiefs and Kelce down our throat all year long.
I saw the tweet. But it was not to be double ot, just the 2nd Quarter of OT. It's a new game once OT started. Three seconds later they would have just changed ends of the field.

Reactions: NeelyOrr

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site

For what it's worth, the Dolphins-Chiefs playoff game in 1971 lasted 82 minutes and 40 seconds.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
She'll dump him before the draft and release her next single bashing him by opening night
She was in a relationship for 6 years in early 2023. And for those 6 years, she moved to London where the ex lived and basically was in the house. He didn't like publicity. He hated to be seen with her, even going out to dinner. It was embarrassing.

With Kelce, she has  never been public with a relationship like this. Ever. I truly think this is the one for her. Same goes for him. He took a shot with the bracelet thing and it worked. Guy was just crying on tv saying he loves her.

It's real. I never saw it coming, but its real.

Lord Ahriman

Oct 21, 2009

I don't buy the "rigged conspiracy", but KC should have definitely been penalized (holding) a few times. I recall at least two 3rd and long with blatant holding and no call.

Reactions: Oates2Neely

Lobster57

Nov 22, 2006
Victoria, BC
I don't buy the "rigged conspiracy", but KC should have definitely been penalized (holding) a few times. I recall at least two 3rd and long with blatant holding and no call.
I've given up worrying about holding calls one way or the other. 10 years of watching Mack then Maxx get tackled every other play with no flag has broken me

Reactions: Lord Ahriman

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
Congrats to Kansas City the Dynasty. The first 49ers TD should have been called back because their offensive center was downfield the play should have been called back. The horse collar tackle was a joke. The intentional grounding called on Mahomes was not intentional grounding the KC receiver was coming back for the ball. I guess the NFL didn't want KC to win. I am glad these bad calls were corrected by the Chiefs.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
I just could not root for the 49ers as their owners threw the middle finger at the city of San Franciso when they moved to Santa Clara 40 miles away 10 years ago.

The 49ers entered the NFL in 1950 8 years before the MLB Giants relocated from New York.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad