Post-Game Talk: SUPER BOWL LVIII - CHIEFS WIN IN OT

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
People can talk about the blocked extra point , but the real play that blew it was the idiot receiving the ball on a punt decides to try and play the ball as it was bouncing on the ground, all he had to do was not touch it and the 49'ers win that game, instead it gave the Chiefs possession on the red zone and they score a TD and it gave them momentum.

SwayHeyKid

Living by faith, not by sight.
Mar 14, 2022
Gotta love the insecurity of Pats fans. Lord

Worst commercial of the night was the NYX one. Terrible. I liked Wahlberg’s He pitched something he truly believes in

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
People can talk about the blocked extra point , but the real play that blew it was the idiot receiving the ball on a punt decides to try and play the ball as it was bouncing on the ground, all he had to do was not touch it and the 49'ers win that game, instead it gave the Chiefs possession on the red zone and they score a TD and it gave them momentum.
It his his teammate in the foot. He was right to go for the ball.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
I don’t think they’ll go back to only playing home playoff games and having a bye every year AFC is too tough.

Mahomes hasn’t been f***ed by the refs like Brady was in 06 choked a perfect season away or gotten hurt. That’s why came next for Brady at this point.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
FB_IMG_1707742923924.jpg

:laugh:

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
She was in a relationship for 6 years in early 2023. And for those 6 years, she moved to London where the ex lived and basically was in the house. He didn't like publicity. He hated to be seen with her, even going out to dinner. It was embarrassing.

With Kelce, she has  never been public with a relationship like this. Ever. I truly think this is the one for her. Same goes for him. He took a shot with the bracelet thing and it worked. Guy was just crying on tv saying he loves her.

It's real. I never saw it coming, but its real.
I agree her last BF was a loser who blamed her for not getting any film roles. Kelce paid for the luxury box and won so she didn’t get any crap for distracting the team even though she’s the NFLs dream come true in terms of marketing and all that.

Pats would have won a couple more if Brady didn’t dump Bridget for yoko Bunchen.

bob77

Nov 19, 2014
Xx

Anyone else realize the 49er double pass td should have been a clear penalty on the 49ers? The refs blew that one

EDIT: Now i'm reading Boomer had it all wrong!!! The lineman can go downfield after the ball leaves the thrower's hand, not when the receiver catches it. So, it was a legal play afterall.

Last edited:

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Blocked PAT was rough, sure, but I go back to the punt off the foot. If you aren't back there as a punt returner, what the f*** are you doing that close to the punt returner? I know you have to be back to block, but once you see you're running straight for the guy returning the kick wouldn't you let up and peel off? And to the punt returner, if you have a pack of dudes charging at you full tilt you HAVE to get under that ball and call a fair catch. I'd have to watch it again but those two guys on the Niners botched that one so bad

Reactions: bbfan419

bob77

Nov 19, 2014
Blocked PAT was rough, sure, but I go back to the punt off the foot. If you aren't back there as a punt returner, what the f*** are you doing that close to the punt returner? I know you have to be back to block, but once you see you're running straight for the guy returning the kick wouldn't you let up and peel off? And to the punt returner, if you have a pack of dudes charging at you full tilt you HAVE to get under that ball and call a fair catch. I'd have to watch it again but those two guys on the Niners botched that one so bad
I put all the blame on the blocker. Even if he would have been calling for a fair catch, it's hard to say the blocker would have even noticed that as well, and the ball still might have hit one of the 49ers and bounced away.

There definitely were some key turnovers in this game. Both teams got burned.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
I put all the blame on the blocker. Even if he would have been calling for a fair catch, it's hard to say the blocker would have even noticed that as well, and the ball still might have hit one of the 49ers and bounced away.

There definitely were some key turnovers in this game. Both teams got burned.
You just can’t get that close to the kick returner. Now if the ball isn’t even in the vicinity of the returner, then it’s a different story. I remember it being within a couple yards though

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Zolak and Bertrand talking about it now and I still think the Niners should have kicked off to start OT. Yay, you scored a FG on your first drive. Now you are giving Mahomes the ball with 4 guaranteed downs because they know they need a score. Would have been better taking your chances giving KC the ball and pray for the best that you force them into making a pressure decision instead of the auto pilot decisions of we need a score here and have to go for it on every 4th down.

Didn't the replay show it hit the foot of one of his teammates? That's why he went for it but botched trying to cover the ball.

Reactions: bbfan419

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
And I dont see the Chiefs going into cheap f*** mode after this season either so it will be interesting to see how this plays out.
My great hope is that Jim Harbaugh can get the most out of Herbert and prove to be another challenger to the Chiefs. Sooner or later you would think Josh Allen or Joe Burrow get over that hump too. But right now Mahomes is the NFLs daddy.

Mahomes hasn’t been f***ed by the refs like Brady was in 06
I don't remember this. How did we get boned by the refs that year?

bob77

Nov 19, 2014
I really feel SF screwed up on their final drive in regulation and the final possession before the FG to go to 19 points. They run on first and 10, and gain 5 yards. It's second and 5, and they try to isolate Kittle while Purdy is pressured. They complete the pass, but only gain a yard. Then third and 4, another pass, and nothing. Then FG. They abandoned the run. SF was running it down their throats, and the KC defense was tired. Should have ran every play. Keep the clock running. It was working. Instead, you give Mahomes the ball back with 1:53 left and two timeouts still.

Reactions: Johnnyduke

bob77

Nov 19, 2014
Zolak and Bertrand talking about it now and I still think the Niners should have kicked off to start OT. Yay, you scored a FG on your first drive. Now you are giving Mahomes the ball with 4 guaranteed downs because they know they need a score. Would have been better taking your chances giving KC the ball and pray for the best that you force them into making a pressure decision instead of the auto pilot decisions of we need a score here and have to go for it on every 4th down.

Didn't the replay show it hit the foot of one of his teammates? That's why he went for it but botched trying to cover the ball.
Agree on the OT decision to take the ball. Really stupid. These were not the old rules of sudden death.

Reactions: TD Charlie

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad