Post-Game Talk: SUPER BOWL LVIII - CHIEFS WIN IN OT

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Considering he went for it earlier in the game in a similar spot, I have no idea why he thought it was enough to take the FG there. At least be consistent. Everyone could see both defenses had little left in the tank.
His defense was completely whipped and you aren't holding mahomes to three in that situation, don't even give him the ball. Complete and utter moron.

SF should fire him and bring in Belichick

BernieMcAvoy

Feb 18, 2020
If i was the 49ers i would make sure Steve Wilks keycard doesn't work before they even hop on the plane back to San Francisco. Some of the softest defense you'll see those last two drives. Chiefs had 4-5 yards a play as soon as the ball was snapped.

I say i'm not a hater but i enjoy seeing Shanahan constantly lose at this stage. Still no super bowls for the guy we're supposed to accept is the best coach in the league and anyone who even fetches his coffee gets promotions in the league.

Credit to the Chiefs. They're a dynasty. Give a qb like Mahomes one great weapon and build up the line and defense. It worked for the Patriots and now the Chiefs have done it as well. Their regular season wasn't as smooth as previous ones but that team was built for the playoffs.

Reactions: CDJ

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
I mean if you don’t kick the FG and don’t get the first it’s game over.

Not sure what the benefit of taking ball with the new rules are.

KC had a harder road than any team ever.

Miami
@ Buffalo
@Baltimore
SF

Is insane. They weren’t lucky this year.
Three straight wins as underdogs. Had to be a lot of betters who cleaned up on going with Mahomes.

And for as great as Mahomes is, their defense was the stronger unit this year. An elite defense with Mahomes is a cheat code.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
There was some lady sitting next to Taylor Swift who looked like she was wearing an orange clown wig and it was distracting me all night

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
What a blowhard. Dumbest thing in sports is handing the trophy to the owner and asking them questions. Idiotic.

Reactions: Gordoff

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
I find Kelce, Mahomes, and their respective families obnoxious but I'm not going to let the outcome of this game affect my mood or my life. I was annoyed for about five minutes and now I'm over it.

Reactions: Gordoff and Alicat

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Three straight wins as underdogs. Had to be a lot of betters who cleaned up on going with Mahomes.

And for as great as Mahomes is, their defense was the stronger unit this year. An elite defense with Mahomes is a cheat code.
Yeah. They won’t be as bad at drafting WRs for him as the Pats were for Brady already hit on Rice and vets will take less to go there. The team could lose its motivation and edge but I wouldn’t be so sure of it all the players were losing it on the sideline and they still won.

Reid passed Bill tonight. Bill would have benched Kelce and Rice for their outbursts.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
I find Kelce, Mahomes, and their respective families obnoxious but I'm not going to let the outcome of this game affect my mood or my life. I was annoyed for about five minutes and now I'm over it.
Bring on the draft and mini camp!

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
God damn, Kelce is funny and likable on the podcast but JFC dude...that was insufferable right there

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad