Post-Game Talk: SUPER BOWL LVIII - CHIEFS WIN IN OT

whatsbruin

Feb 27, 2002
Central, NY
People can talk about the blocked extra point , but the real play that blew it was the idiot receiving the ball on a punt decides to try and play the ball as it was bouncing on the ground, all he had to do was not touch it and the 49'ers win that game, instead it gave the Chiefs possession on the red zone and they score a TD and it gave them momentum.
The punt hit another 49's foot that was in front of the punt receiver. He had to try to play it , it was a free ball.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Agree on the OT decision to take the ball. Really stupid. These were not the old rules of sudden death.
I think the reasoning there was that KC just marched down the field in 90 seconds and the Niners D was totally gassed.

I still would've elected to kick though. That extra down made all the difference for KC in OT

RoccoF14

Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
Well either way all the receiving team just needed to stay away from the ball or signal for a fair catch.
It was a fluke play. It happens. The guy was trying to make a block and the ball just happened to clip his heel. I do t think anybody was at fault there, it’s just one of those things…

Reactions: bob77

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
It was a fluke play. It happens. The guy was trying to make a block and the ball just happened to clip his heel. I do t think anybody was at fault there, it’s just one of those things…
Either the kick returner needs to get under the ball and call for a fair catch, or the guys getting back to block need to get the hell out of the way.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
My great hope is that Jim Harbaugh can get the most out of Herbert and prove to be another challenger to the Chiefs. Sooner or later you would think Josh Allen or Joe Burrow get over that hump too. But right now Mahomes is the NFLs daddy.

I don't remember this. How did we get boned by the refs that year?
Ben Watson chasing down the Champ Bailey pick return and forcing the fumble out of the end zone which should've been a touchback and Pats possession but the refs decided to spot it at the 1 and give Denver possession, leading to the TD that made it a 2 score game.

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
Ben Watson chasing down the Champ Bailey pick return and forcing the fumble out of the end zone which should've been a touchback and Pats possession but the refs decided to spot it at the 1 and give Denver possession, leading to the TD that made it a 2 score game.

That's the 05 season. 06 was the 21-3 choke job in Indy

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Even though I can’t name one Taylor Swift song I fear for her if she marries Kelce. I hope Swifties took notice.

This goes bad he’s not getting a song he’s getting a double album of vitriol with more hits than George Harrison’s All Thing Must Pass

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
That's the 05 season. 06 was the 21-3 choke job in Indy
Not a choke job

Now you pissed me off

The Patriots were going in to score and phantom call on Troy Brown offensive pass interference

If you ever see Troy Brown, ask for a picture or autograph, tell him you loved the way he played (notice the smile and far away look of contentment in his eyes) and then say ‘oh by the way what did you think of that offensive pass interference against Indy in 2006?)

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
Even though I can’t name one Taylor Swift song I fear for her if she marries Kelce. I hope Swifties took notice.

This goes bad he’s not getting a song he’s getting a double album of vitriol with more hits than George Harrison’s All Thing Must Pass
His colors come out all the time.

Reactions: DKH

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Not a choke job

Now you pissed me off

The Patriots were going in to score and phantom call on Troy Brown offensive pass interference

If you ever see Troy Brown, ask for a picture or autograph, tell him you loved the way he played (notice the smile and far away look of contentment in his eyes) and then say ‘oh by the way what did you think of that offensive pass interference against Indy in 2006?)
Not fair to call it a choke job, their defense in the second half was more injured than the Bruins's center depth in games 4-7 of the 2010 ECSF. They had a backup special teamer as their only remaining middle linebacker and linebackers playing safety, Troy Brown playing CB. They were in bad shape against prime Manning with Marvin Harrison Sr. and Reggie Wayne. They had no chance to hold them back. Still Brady almost pulled it off if not for that OPI call and Reche Caldwell dropping two first downs (may he rest in peace).

The beginning of the end that year was when Rodney Harrison's season ended on an absolutely cowardly chop block by some Titans WR at the end of he regular season. One of the worst cheap shots no one ever talks about.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007

Took notice of what exactly?

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
As a Rams fans it was enjoyable watching Shanahan once again find a way to lose in the SB.

Bradely

Sep 17, 2021

Thought the same....

Reactions: DKH

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Brady had sideline temper tantrums at his receivers and at Bill O'Brien several times a season. Kelce is a doofus but I'm in no position to judge.

Reactions: LSCII

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Andy Reid reacted like he was being accosted by a streaker on the field. I was expecting the full on Marcus Smart flop to the ground.

I wonder what the footage of a roided out Manny Ramirez throwing the old man traveling secretary to the ground looked like. Maybe it was liked Pedro on Zimmer.

Brady had sideline temper tantrums at his receivers and at Bill O'Brien several times a season. Kelce is a doofus but I'm in no position to judge.
We never saw one like Kelce bumping Reid though. I think the bump is being overrated but if Brady did that to Belichick's 3rd son Matt Patricia during the SB loss to the Eagles maybe Bill would have sat Tom down next to Malcolm Butler and cement that decision as the worst decision in Super Bowl history.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
As a Rams fans it was enjoyable watching Shanahan once again find a way to lose in the SB.
As long as the Rams are out of cap jail!!! I fully expect them to win the division next year now. Niners will take a nosedive like the Eagles did. Maybe not at the start of the year but at some point.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Football is a violent sport played by violent people. Why is everyone so shocked by this? I personally thought it was weak sauce, but I wasn't surprised to see it happen. If anything, I'm surprised it doesn't happen more frequently.
I'm fine with being upset, but screaming at and putting your hands on the head coach is a bit much. I was expecting him to sit out a series after that.

Reactions: LSCII

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad