Kreider with a natural hat trick to overcome 3-1 deficit

The New Russian Five

May 27, 2019

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
I didn't watch the game but was checking the score and assumed the Rangers would lose until I saw the final score. Talk about strapping a team on your back.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
He's gonna go down as one of those interesting cases where he gets his jersey retired by the team and years from now people will look at his stats and go "seriously this guy wasn't very good!" without having some of the context of his career with the team.
Like sure he's not a star player in many ways but how his career has evolved with the Rangers and what he means to these teams is pretty interesting and fit for recognition, especially if he can win a cup

Lua

Nov 10, 2010
Troy
He's gonna go down as one of those interesting cases where he gets his jersey retired by the team and years from now people will look at his stats and go "seriously this guy wasn't very good!" without having some of the context of his career with the team.
Like sure he's not a star player in many ways but how his career has evolved with the Rangers and what he means to these teams is pretty interesting and fit for recognition, especially if he can win a cup
I would invite anyone who would question Kreider's legacy with the Rangers to go back through the years and try to find the last forward they've drafted who has done anything worth a good gosh darn for the franchise

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
I would invite anyone who would question Kreider's legacy with the Rangers to go back through the years and try to find the last forward they've drafted who has done anything worth a good gosh darn for the franchise
yep, and honestly, he's at the top of the list for goals scored for the franchise and playoff goal scored (well, 3rd in overall, 1st in playoff), so when thinking about honoring and retiring for a team, that's pretty good reason.

He'll probably take the #2 spot in goals scored (33 to pass Jean Ratelle) and has an outside shot at the overall (103 to pass Rod Gilbert). He'll also take the power play goals scored lead sometime soon

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC

They are few and far between. At this point, Kreider is on top of a list that includes Steve Vickers, Don Maloney, Derek Stepan, a great group of Rangers draftees who didn't play for the team for long (i.e. Kovalev, Middleton, etc), and a bunch of junk.

If he keeps up the progression, Lafrenière will join that list of 4 and maybe even end up on top of it.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY

He's averaging over 40 goals per game the last three seasons and was 1 goal away from 40 in two of three seasons. Calling him "not a star" is underselling him. Is he ever going to get 100 points no, but he's one of the most underrated goal scorers in the league.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Barring injury, by the time Kreider is done, he's going to own a number of Ranger goal scoring records and could be top 100 all time in goal scoring.

He'll probably take the #2 spot in goals scored (33 to pass Jean Ratelle) and has an outside shot at the overall (103 to pass Rod Gilbert). He'll also take the power play goals scored lead sometime soon
Kreider just turned 33 and has averaged 42.3 goals over the last 3 years. If he stays healthy, I think passing Gilbert is very likely.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad