Transfer: Summer Transfers Part II

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Italian media. That is a bit like German pasta or Chinese pizza isn’t it? Questionable.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
If he progresses.

He’s young I’m sure he will. Everything I’ve seen from him makes me confident he will eventually be a top keeper. I think being the (I’d assume) #1 keeper at Europa league level team is a good challenge for him.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Ronaldo has done great things for Real and it would suck to see him go, but, at on the other hand, I think time as come. We are at the end of a cycle, we just won three CL, Zidane has left and we have an older team. Take the money, buy younger stars and start a new cycle. Give Asensio more playing time.

If we sell Ronaldo, I'd sell Benzema as well. Very good player, great facilator, but without Ronaldo I'd be tempted to change the style a little. Sell Bale as well. That would break my heart, but he is injury prone and even though he has been very clutch, he also has been rather underwhelming for two years.

Take that money and go after guys like Mpabbe, Hazard, Dybala and even that punk Neymar.

It is a good time to usher a new era. Give a little more playing time to young guys. Rotate more.

I doubt Perez has the balls to do it, but meh.

Reactions: N o o d l e s

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I doubt this is true on our end. Wouldn't be shocked to see Bavaria try to sign him as they want to sign every good CB in the Bundesliga, but I don't think any Bundesliga team will pay the price that Stuttgart wants.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Mattias Svanberg (Malmö FF, 19 years old) is close to sign for Bologna. This guy at age 16 was already good in swedish league. I think he has bigger potential than Emil Forsberg.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Saying that, this is the kind of signing that Dortmund could make that could really instill some belief in what the club is doing. They've put so much attention into the attack for years that having a summer window where we sign Diallo, Pavard and Delaney would show that they are trying to make the defense formidable. There would also be enough playing time to go around, as the two CB signings could both play full-back, and we also needed full-back cover in this window. I just don't think we'd pay the price that Stuttgart want. The 50 million euros asking price is 20 more than our record signing. I think the club has the money after the Dembele and Auba sales, I just don't believe they'd actually shell out that money.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
This seems strange. They are opposite style DM's. And just a follow up on Pavard, SportBild is saying Bayern will look to sign him in 2019.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Saying that, this is the kind of signing that Dortmund could make that could really instill some belief in what the club is doing. They've put so much attention into the attack for years that having a summer window where we sign Diallo, Pavard and Delaney would show that they are trying to make the defense formidable. There would also be enough playing time to go around, as the two CB signings could both play full-back, and we also needed full-back cover in this window. I just don't think we'd pay the price that Stuttgart want. The 50 million euros asking price is 20 more than our record signing. I think the club has the money after the Dembele and Auba sales, I just don't believe they'd actually shell out that money.

With Diallo, Akanji, and Toprak, I don't think it's the best use of money to go after Pavard. Unless Favre wants to play with 3 man back lines, sign someone cheaper who can play as a backup along with Zagadou and they're good. I like Pavard a lot but I'm not a fan of playing him at right back. Especially if they pay the transfer fee Stuttgart wants. I think there are better options out there.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
With Diallo, Akanji, and Toprak, I don't think it's the best use of money to go after Pavard. Unless Favre wants to play with 3 man back lines, sign someone cheaper who can play as a backup along with Zagadou and they're good. I like Pavard a lot but I'm not a fan of playing him at right back. Especially if they pay the transfer fee Stuttgart wants. I think there are better options out there.

Agreed. Although Favre did start to use a back 3 with Nice, so that may well be in his plans...but even if it is, just hijack the Soyuncu transfer & use all the money you save elsewhere

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York

If its 50M for Pavard or not spending the money and bringing in a guy like Hakimi on a one season loan, I'll take Pavard. If they are going to use the money on some actual full-backs, thats another story.

I know we "need" a striker, but I'm not even sure we really do. Even with the current set-up, we still have guys like Sancho and Kagawa in attack who will likely be coming off the bench to start the season, along with Schurrle who we likely won't find a taker for, Wolf on RW, Guerreiro LW and also Gomez and Isak. There's attacking depth there. What we've built this season is some sufficient defensive depth, but we should be trying to build a very good defense with a lot of depth in the way we do for the attack. If Toprak or someone like that gets buried, so be it. That'll be good for the team to have that much depth. Its not my money, and I doubt they spend that much anymore, unless its on a striker, but Pavard at CB/RB or spending around that money on new full-backs would be much preferred, in my opinion, to spending it on a striker.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Schurrle is going to have a career year under Favre and you will like it!

I'm hoping he doesn't see the field much. Hopefully the 1,2, 3 of Reus, Pulisic and Sancho stay healthy, Guerreiro can supplement as option 4 on the left side and Wolf option 4 on the right side. Maybe he can get some time as back up to Philipp at CF, although if a real CF is brought in, he would get even less time. There's also Isak who I'm not sure he's better than.

I wonder how he'd do at RB. He's a good runner and he works hard defensively. Could he do a good job there?

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
If its 50M for Pavard or not spending the money and bringing in a guy like Hakimi on a one season loan, I'll take Pavard. If they are going to use the money on some actual full-backs, thats another story.

I know we "need" a striker, but I'm not even sure we really do. Even with the current set-up, we still have guys like Sancho and Kagawa in attack who will likely be coming off the bench to start the season, along with Schurrle who we likely won't find a taker for, Wolf on RW, Guerreiro LW and also Gomez and Isak. There's attacking depth there. What we've built this season is some sufficient defensive depth, but we should be trying to build a very good defense with a lot of depth in the way we do for the attack. If Toprak or someone like that gets buried, so be it. That'll be good for the team to have that much depth. Its not my money, and I doubt they spend that much anymore, unless its on a striker, but Pavard at CB/RB or spending around that money on new full-backs would be much preferred, in my opinion, to spending it on a striker.

Spending money in inefficient ways is not a good idea - even if it's not your money directly. I feel the same way about spending 50M to have Pavard play full back as I do about spending 20M on Delaney. Only Man City have ever spent 50M on a full back. Juventus just spent 40M on a far better right back than Pavard. If they're starting him at CB, well, they spent the money on Toprak - who has performed mostly well - very inefficiently.

I don't think they desperately need a striker either. Especially if Favre prefers to play with two strikers - they have the personnel to do that for sure.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Juan Mata to Malmö FF? His wife is from Malmö and they just bought a house here and was seen with Daniel Andersson (the manager of Malmö FF).

Markus Rosenberg - Carlos Strandberg
Juan Mata - Fouad Bachirou - Anders Christiansen - Arnór Ingvi Traustason
Behrang Safari - Rasmus Bengtsson - Lasse Nielsen - Eric Larsson
Johan Dahlin

I can smell CL.

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
Agreed. Although Favre did start to use a back 3 with Nice, so that may well be in his plans...but even if it is, just hijack the Soyuncu transfer & use all the money you save elsewhere

Don't even go there...

Islesfan22

Jan 15, 2013
Rockland
Lots of interest in Rebic as he has been very good for Croatia this World Cup. Speculation is he will go to Bayern Munich and join his old coach Kovac. Should have scored the game winner against Denmark after a nice run and dribble on Kasper only to be hacked down by the Danish defender.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad