Transfer: Summer Transfers Part II

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Pretty sure Curt did :naughty:
Haha, not before he was signed though! The role Klopp gave him on the team was very different from how he played with Roma, which changed my expectations. I was okay with the signing overall, but didn't really think that it was going to be as good as it turned out.

I didn't expect him to score 40 goals, but I did think he would be our best player immediately. Said numerous times that he was already a world class player and there were very few wingers better than him. All he needed to do was improve his mental game (finishing) and he would score tons of goals. Even on his statistics from 16-17, he was better than every player who he was compared to.

Granted, barely anyone agreed with me and Curt seemed to think I was a lunatic. Well look how that turned out, a few months later he was saying Salah would score 40 goals once he saw him in our team. Most players who play in Italy are underrated for an assortment of reasons. Maybe now that more people will be watching their football, not anymore. Jorginho (another guy I once drafted in late rounds) will probably be rated close to Kante by this time next year.

I mean, that's not exactly what happened. You said that he was better than Robben at the same age and I disagreed (I still do). I also don't think that Salah is our best player. I was surprised at how he reinvented himself at Liverpool and plays a completely different style to that which he played at Roma, which is when I made the comment about him being able to score 40 goals if he improved on his finishing (which he did).

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
It got brought back, but because the lack of a limit makes threads "harder to read"* which is redundant in a thread like this one, so who cares

(*this means "harder to moderate")

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->