Transfer: Summer Transfers Part II

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
I tend to actually live in reality so just saying "hey we made it to a final" without looking at the big picture is more important to me but I understand for some clubs latching on to a small detail and ignoring the rest makes it easier for them to overrate their team in the off-season year, after year, after year and continually warn everyone how "this is the year" to watch out for them.
That's an admirable tendency to have. I try to live in fairy tales. Those ginger bread houses are to die for.:laugh:

I'm sure the Spurs will have enough success out in Europe one of these years for you to understand what I'm saying. Until then, enjoy your reality!

Reactions: cgf

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
That's an admirable tendency to have. I try to live in fairy tales. Those ginger bread houses are to die for.:laugh:

I'm sure the Spurs will have enough success out in Europe one of these years for you to understand what I'm saying. Until then, enjoy your reality!

If I was looking for advice on success in Europe I wouldn't take it from a fan of a team that has spent more time out the CL than in it over the past 10 years and talk to someone who actually had some success.

But hey you will always have the 1970's to crow about and that big CL final loss.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
If I was looking for advice on success in Europe I wouldn't take it from a fan of a team that has spent more time out the CL than in it over the past 10 years and talk to someone who actually had some success.

But hey you will always have the 1970's to crow about and that big CL final loss.
:laugh:

Wow, you're right, it's been 13 years since we had some success in the CL. Since "some" success is apparently defined as winning the thing.

When was the last time Tottenham had "some" success in the CL?

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
:laugh:

Wow, you're right, it's been 13 years since we had some success in the CL. Since "some" success is apparently defined as winning the thing.

When was the last time Tottenham had "some" success in the CL?

Who cares if they had won it 10 times in the 30's does that somehow make Liverpools CL final lose more or less impressive?

Is there is cap on the number of wins a club the team someone supports has to have before they can comment on a CL loss?

I am not the one bragging about my clubs European record so why should it matter?

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
The simplest answer is that they haven't had a buttery soft path with homer refs handing them games but it is a lot more complicated than that since you would probably have to look at each year to determine what the main factors were.
Well you again.

I thought you were gone.

For you anything and I mean literraly anything related to Liverpool is luck and bad reffing. Virgil Van Dijk is the most overrated defender and not top 10 in the premier league (yes I remember that one).

Salah scored all his goals against bottom teams.

Liverpool front 3 are lucky because the sun was in the opponent face all the time.

Any fouls on Liverpool should not be allowed if they get a foul its because the refs is doing poorly.

I could go on and on. In sum whatever you mention regarding Liverpool I will not even argue and waste my time you have the most heavy biased view from all poster around here.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Well you again.

I thought you were gone.

For you anything and I mean literraly anything related to Liverpool is luck and bad reffing. Virgil Van Dijk is the most overrated defender and not top 10 in the premier league (yes I remember that one).

Salah scored all his goals against bottom teams.

Liverpool front 3 are lucky because the sun was in the opponent face all the time.

Any fouls on Liverpool should not be allowed if they get a foul its because the refs is doing poorly.

I could go on and on. In sum whatever you mention regarding Liverpool I will not even argue and waste my time you have the most heavy biased view from all poster around here.

Yes VVD is incredibly overrated and certainly isn't a top 10 CD in the premier league.

As for the other things not sure what they are supposed to be.

As for the biased comment I am not biased at all just more than willing to point out the many flaws in the Liverpool team unlike the multitudes of homers they have on this site.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
I've seen him linked to both Manchesters. A midfield of Matic-Pogba-Rabiot just oh my gosh. Or we could do a central diamond with Matic-Fred-Rabiot-Pogba and Lukaku-Alexis up top.

Pretty sure Mourinho is planning to primarily play with 3. Of course they would need depth, but seems a bit pointless bringing in someone like Rabiot for then to bench either him or Fred. Not that I know Rabiot's personality, but it seems like he might be someone that wouldn't necessarily appreciate being bought for then to sit on the bench.

There has been lots of talk that Rabiot would like to play in a more competitive league. After one of those stories he went to Anfield and made a troll post about going there. Could definitely see him going to England.

OK. Of course if he moves to England and City don't want him - then Spurs might have a shot. It would be quite easy to sell him becoming the main man in central midfield. Easier than for any of the other CL teams.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Marca links CR7 with Juventus move. It's not bad if they find someone who can buy Higuain for $70m (Chelsea, China?)

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal
There is no way Juve pays Ronaldo’s wages. Also I don’t want my most hated player (I think Neymar officially passed him now) on my favorite team.

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
Arsenal clearly were dragging their feet on the Adli coup so that they could swoop in for Rabiot now. We'll just make him wear an Adli shirt so the scouting reports are thrown off completely.

In other news, Sokratis is official and Calum Chambers has signed a new contract. Also, Lucas Perez is back from loan for Arsenal's preseason, and I quite liked some of his performances 2 years ago.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Because Bernardo is more of a fit in the central roles that KdB & David Silva full rather than the wing roles Pep uses Sane & Sterling in

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Lafont to Fiorentina, 5 years contract. 8.5 M.

Waiting for Evilo's scouting report... :)
Rare talent.
Lafont is 19 and has 100 L1 games under his belt. :eek:
He has cat like reflexes and is pretty good in the air.
That said, he has had his most difficult season this year, part of the reason was his struggling team.
When he's on, he can be unbeatable.
He still has some progress to make obviously, but the potential is huge.

Reactions: Incubation

Savi

Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium
Anderlecht sign Zakaria Bakkali for €1m lol

He's been a bust ever since his amazing debut season at PSV. Let's see if this move can spark something.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Alrighty then. Name those 10?

Off the top of my head and not in order:

Alderweireld, Baily, Vertonghen, Sanchez, Maguire, Stones, Keane, Laselles, Kompany, Rudiger, Cahill

I may have missed one or two or ten.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
Off the top of my head and not in order:

Alderweireld, Baily, Vertonghen, Sanchez, Maguire, Stones, Keane, Laselles, Kompany, Rudiger, Cahill

I may have missed one or two or ten.

I disagree with nearly all of those. And Michael f***ing Keane? Are you serious?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad