Transfer: Summer Transfers Part II

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
I think Wolves could finish 6th. Depends on some players they bring in, but they’re good.

Neither Spurs nor Liverpool have done a ton to toot their own horns, but I think getting in the CL final is the bigger result out of either clubs recent past.

The FA cup means something, but no side with top 4 ambition cares beyond the final two or three rounds.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Ah. Someone took the bait and this became a Spurs vs. Liverpool-thread :huh:

More stories about Rabiot to Spurs. I really have no idea why he is constantly linked to WHL (and he has been so for years - even before breaking out). Don’t believe he would be at all interested, but oh my how I would like someone like him in midfield.

Reactions: Gecklund

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
Huh, that's strange, that's exactly where Spurs have been eliminated the past 3 seasons....
You're right. Poch doesn't really seem to give a shit about the FA cup full stop. With our best chance of winning our first trophy in some time he decides to bench our starting goalkeeper who is also one of our most experienced players, our captain, and is crucial to organizing our defense. And even when he is playing, I still find that the squad lacks the experience and the leadership that they need. The players aren't vocal enough.

Reactions: Fro

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA

More stories about Rabiot to Spurs. I really have no idea why he is constantly linked to WHL (and he has been so for years - even before breaking out). Don’t believe he would be at all interested, but oh my how I would like someone like him in midfield.

There has been lots of talk that Rabiot would like to play in a more competitive league. After one of those stories he went to Anfield and made a troll post about going there. Could definitely see him going to England.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California

I've seen him linked to both Manchesters. A midfield of Matic-Pogba-Rabiot just oh my gosh. Or we could do a central diamond with Matic-Fred-Rabiot-Pogba and Lukaku-Alexis up top.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I think Wolves could finish 6th. Depends on some players they bring in, but they’re good.

Neither Spurs nor Liverpool have done a ton to toot their own horns, but I think getting in the CL final is the bigger result out of either clubs recent past.

The FA cup means something, but no side with top 4 ambition cares beyond the final two or three rounds.
Does it bother anyone else that Wolverhampton have a better keeper than Liverpool does?

Reactions: Gecklund

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
Rabiot would be stupid to leave PSG now that they've got a coach that can take the max out of their talent. His brother Adli has renewed his contract with PSG after all the Arsenal talk, too.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
FA Cup results being more than a CL Final. Lol!

Multiple seasons of league results certainly should trump a buttery soft ref aided run to an easy defeat in the CL.

I know Liverpool fans are trying to spin this CL lose as evidence of the greatness of their team and use it to ignore all the mountains of evidence of where their club really is but lately the overrating of that run has become laughable.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Multiple seasons of league results certainly should trump a buttery soft ref aided run to an easy defeat in the CL.

I know Liverpool fans are trying to spin this CL lose as evidence of the greatness of their team and use it to ignore all the mountains of evidence of where their club really is but lately the overrating of that run has become laughable.

If it was so easy, maybe Tottenham could make that run at some point of their 135 year history then?

Just so you know, I won't respond to anything you say and will just keep posting that line. Don't waste your time.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
If it was so easy, maybe Tottenham could make that run at some point of their 135 year history then?

Just so you know, I won't respond to anything you say and will just keep posting that line. Don't waste your time.

Given that draw and reffing they easily would have.

Probably would have been competitive against RM unlike Liverpool considering Tottenham were able to beat them earlier in the competition.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
Given that draw and reffing they easily would have.

Probably would have been competitive against RM unlike Liverpool considering Tottenham were able to beat them earlier in the competition.
Weird that they weren't allowed to play RM in the final. How come they didn't play in the final?

Oh, they lost in the first knockout round. Bummer. They should have petitioned UEFA and told them they would have been competitive if they only had gotten 3 bye rounds in the knockout stage.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Weird that they weren't allowed to play RM in the final. How come they didn't play in the final?

Oh, they lost in the first knockout round. Bummer. They should have petitioned UEFA and told them they would have been competitive if they only had gotten 3 bye rounds in the knockout stage.

That's not how the tournament works.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
If it was that easy, why has Tottenham never done it in 135 years?

The simplest answer is that they haven't had a buttery soft path with homer refs handing them games but it is a lot more complicated than that since you would probably have to look at each year to determine what the main factors were.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
I am sure if they had the reffing and weak opponents they would have.
Must be one extraordinarily unlucky team to not have had lucky seeding a single time in 135 years. Oh well, maybe next year they will get lucky and be seeded against the Premier League winners in the quarter finals.

Of course, to do so they have to make it past the first knockout round. Don't lose hope though! They made it to the QF 8 years ago.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Must be one extraordinarily unlucky team to not have had lucky seeding a single time in 135 years. Oh well, maybe next year they will get lucky and be seeded against the Premier League winners in the quarter finals.

Of course, to do so they have to make it past the first knockout round. Don't lose hope though! They made it to the QF 8 years ago.

Not really unlucky at all, as I mentioned there are a lot of different factors that would have differed over the years, but keep on pumping up that 135 years thing if it makes you feel better about your pathetic club.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
Not really unlucky at all, as I mentioned there are a lot of different factors that would have differed over the years, but keep on pumping up that 135 years thing if it makes you feel better about your pathetic club.
The fact that they made the CL finals this season feels pretty good. Would have felt better with a win, but the Salah incident made that even tougher than it already was. Maybe you'll get to experience that level of success for your club in the Champions League one day.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
The fact that they made the CL finals this season feels pretty good. Would have felt better with a win, but the Salah incident made that even tougher than it already was. Maybe you'll get to experience that level of success for your club in the Champions League one day.

I have felt the experience of losing before, I don't really find losing in the final all that much of a thing to aspire to.

Making the CL finals on the back of the refs and weak opponents isn't something that is impressive, especially considering the results in the other competitions which are likely a lot better evaluation of the club since it involves way more games so the luck factor is removed.

But hey if losing is what you are into keep on pumping up that big lose. If it makes you feel good then live up the big lose all you like.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
I have felt the experience of losing before, I don't really find losing in the final all that much of a thing to aspire to.

Making the CL finals on the back of the refs and weak opponents isn't something that is impressive, especially considering the results in the other competitions which are likely a lot better evaluation of the club since it involves way more games so the luck factor is removed.

But hey if losing is what you are into keep on pumping up that big lose. If it makes you feel good then live up the big lose all you like.
Nah, I enjoy winning. We've done that too. Remember 3-0? I'm just aware that you won't win every time you enter the tournament, or even every time you make it far.

See, the thing is, in order to win these big titles, you have to make it to the final. Sometimes the team will lose in the final, but the fact that they made it there is a good sign. I'm sure you'll understand that once Tottenham actually gets close.

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
Fans of two teams that have won nothing in recent years arguing about who was the closest at winning something.

Reactions: bluesfan94

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Nah, I enjoy winning. We've done that too. Remember 3-0? I'm just aware that you won't win every time you enter the tournament, or even every time you make it far.

See, the thing is, in order to win these big titles, you have to make it to the final. Sometimes the team will lose in the final, but the fact that they made it there is a good sign. I'm sure you'll understand that once Tottenham actually gets close.

I tend to actually live in reality so just saying "hey we made it to a final" without looking at the big picture is more important to me but I understand for some clubs latching on to a small detail and ignoring the rest makes it easier for them to overrate their team in the off-season year, after year, after year and continually warn everyone how "this is the year" to watch out for them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad