Transfer: Summer Transfers Part II

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I'm hoping he doesn't see the field much. Hopefully the 1,2, 3 of Reus, Pulisic and Sancho stay healthy, Guerreiro can supplement as option 4 on the left side and Wolf option 4 on the right side. Maybe he can get some time as back up to Philipp at CF, although if a real CF is brought in, he would get even less time. There's also Isak who I'm not sure he's better than.

I wonder how he'd do at RB. He's a good runner and he works hard defensively. Could he do a good job there?

As my dad’s favorite Russian proverb #72626394 goes: it does not hurt to want/hope...

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
So how good will Ronaldo be in his mid-late 30s in Serie A? Would we still expect 30-40 goal seasons from him? Di natale and Toni had great seasons as they aged and Ronaldo seems to have perfected this poaching role.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
So how good will Ronaldo be in his mid-late 30s in Serie A? Would we still expect 30-40 goal seasons from him? Di natale and Toni had great seasons as they aged and Ronaldo seems to have perfected this poaching role.

Yeah, at least 30 goals.

Exactly right about his role too. He doesn't do much else on the pitch most of the time and so it should be expected and his stats put in context.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
In what world is C. Ronaldo at 33 with massive wage demands worth 100m?

Worst value for money since Benning's last UFA signing.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
But stock prices and merchandise...

Maybe Buffon will do another season now...

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Yeah, at least 30 goals.

Exactly right about his role too. He doesn't do much else on the pitch most of the time and so it should be expected and his stats put in context.
He still participates in the build up more than people give him credit for. I don't know what kind of context you want his stats to be put in -- most people know that he is heavily attack minded. His primary role is to score goals, and he does it pretty much better than almost anyone else out there.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Andre Gomez to the Emirates rumor. I know he was seen as a great young talent a few years ago, anyone know much about his play recently? Cannot say I follow him much.

Fabiobest

Italian Florida Man
Feb 4, 2017
Turin, Italy
Not as stupid as Juve if they pay 100m for him
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
This is the most stupid thing I've read.
Stupid, for what reason?
Do you know who is Ronaldo?
Probably not. He's a real company, not only a soccer player. In case, he'll be very useful to increase the economical power of both the FCA and Juventus.
With the marketing, the pubblicity, the merchandise...It'll be a deal not only with the Champions League goal.
The sport and the "court" are the least important reason why Juventus (maybe) will acquire Ronaldo.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
I don't think Dybala will leave the club this year. It's time for Higuain to say goodbye, I suppose.
Well we know who is Ronaldo.

Tell me how great financially was it for New York cosmos to get Pele.

Ronaldo is 33 he is not 23. You are gambling on him still playing at his top level for another 5 years. Thats a risk especially at the rumored wages.

That being said Ronaldo is a physical freak and I would not be surprised to see him play at top level until his 40s.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
This is the most stupid thing I've read.
Stupid, for what reason?
Do you know who is Ronaldo?
Probably not. He's a real company, not only a soccer player. In case, he'll be very useful to increase the economical power of both the FCA and Juventus.
With the marketing, the pubblicity, the merchandise...It'll be a deal not only with the Champions League goal.
The sport and the "court" are the least important reason why Juventus (maybe) will acquire Ronaldo.
Really? Thanks for letting us know the benefits of Ronaldo. Cause none of us knew.

Fabiobest

Italian Florida Man
Feb 4, 2017
Turin, Italy
Well we know who is Ronaldo.

Tell me how great financially was it for New York cosmos to get Pele.

Ronaldo is 33 he is not 23. You are gambling on him still playing at his top level for another 5 years. Thats a risk especially at the rumored wages.

That being said Ronaldo is a physical freak and I would not be surprised to see him play at top level until his 40s.
1) Ronaldo, in case, will stay at Turin for 4 season.
2) Last season he's scored, more or less, 1 goal every single fuc* match he's played.
3) I don't know if you remember or not, but when Andrea Pirlo arrived to Juventus, he was 32 yo. Everyone said he's over. Everyone, now, remembers what he's done in Turin.
4) If his age is a fondamental issue, I don't know why Roger Federer is still at the top of the world.
5) I continue to repeat that this deal would be important more for the financial and economic improvement of the club and the "group" than for the court.
6) It depends: if he won't have any physical problems, he can play also till 38-39 years old. It depends also from the results he'll achieve in the next seasons.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015

Even a not as good Ronaldo at 36 would still be a very serviceable player. I don't think picking him up at this age is a risk at all really.

Fabiobest

Italian Florida Man
Feb 4, 2017
Turin, Italy
Really? Thanks for letting us know the benefits of Ronaldo. Cause none of us knew.
No problem.
If you say that Juventus board is stupid...if you say that John Elkann, Sergio Marchionne and Andrea Agnelli are stupid, it's clear that you don't know neither this organization nor the benefits of Ronaldo.
So, no problem.

Reactions: Hot Dog Water Shaw

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I wonder what it would be like if they just made a 'World Cup' board during the world cup as opposed to changing the title of the soccer board. Though I suppose in that case we'd be missing out on a lot of new educating. We should be nothing if not open minded to potential new viewpoints that this opportunity has presented.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->