Transfer: Summer Transfers part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
For a lot of Madrid fans, you know the ones in the stadium who booed, Mourinho set a new standard in terms of ugly football, ugly methods, thugs methods even, and everyday scandals. Nobody ever rated Ramos and co BTW. So who cares about his previous coaches. He was brought in to win the CL BTW.
There's really no debate there, even among Real fans. That should tell you what us neutral (meaning not you :D ) feel.
Yes it's a failure. For the reasons stated above. And if since he left, Real won the liga once and won 3 CLs, with more or less the same team, it might not be a complete surpise.

How many goals did Real score in the 2011-12 season? Or points?

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Scoring a lot of goals doesn't mean the style of play was attractive.

Umm, I'll take scoring that amount of goals while winning the league any day of the week over an "attractive style" which produces less goals and NO TITLE. And yes, those are the only options because like the Sith, I think only in absolutes.

People also have fond memories of United playing attractive football all the time under SAF but do they remember the amount of 1-0 wins United had for example in CR7's last season? Or SAF's last few title winning seasons?

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
121 goals in a season tells me the plot is inconsistent. Are the writers the same ones as on The Walking Dead?
Answer has already been given.
Real's showing on the field brought boos and shocking comments from Real legends.

Il Mediano

Feb 24, 2018
I don't have a horse in this race , but a lot of goals with a loaded team doesn't necessarily equate to an attractive style of football.

In fact, that kind of logic sounds like it's right out of the Mourinho press conference playbook.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
I don't have a horse in this race , but a lot of goals with a loaded team doesn't necessarily equate to an attractive style of football.

In fact, that kind of logic sounds like it's right out of the Mourinho press conference playbook.

I'm one of those poeple who equate goals as entertainment. But yeah, I guess passing the ball in the midfield 500 times between three players in one half is entertainment for some people. Then again, I'm Finn who doesn't really care how Finland wins gold in an international tournament as long as we win and as as long it triggers all the opposing teams fans (mostly Swedes, Canadians and Russians).

Il Mediano

Feb 24, 2018
I'm one of those poeple who equate goals as entertainment. But yeah, I guess passing the ball in the midfield 500 times between three players in one half is entertainment for some people.

For pretty much every club in the world , scoring a ton of goals is good enough. But for a select few clubs, it goes beyond that. Madrid is one of those few clubs. As is the club Mourinho currently manages.

Il Mediano

Feb 24, 2018
Yeah, I don't hate that move for Napoli, tbh.

Karnezis is pretty rough , and the promising kid they bought (Meret) broke his arm in training.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
what will happen with guedes? stay in psg? is there room for him on psg?
As I said, he's about to join Valencia with several clauses :
45M next summer,
big % of his next sale,
Paid loan with obligatory buying option next summer (for 45 as I said).
All in all, PSG should receive more than 50M before next summer and then 10 or 15 more M down the road.

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
So, Sebastian Rudy is free to leave Bayern for something around 15m (not a bad deal considering they paid nothing last year. Leipzig and Schalke seem to be interested. The latter might also be interested in Bernat.

Il Mediano

Feb 24, 2018
Don't know much about him, tbh. @les Habs - you think this guy has something?

Sassuolo signed Mauricio Lemos last season , who seems to fit a similar profile.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad