Transfer: Summer Transfers part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal
Looks like Rabiot is getting bad advices from his entourage whether regarding his club or international career.

I'd welcome him at Juve though. The type of midfielder they need.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I'd rather we rekindle our interest in Neves as our next midfield acquisition. No reason to really go after Rabiot with all of our other options. Pass from me.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Looks like Rabiot is getting bad advices from his entourage whether regarding his club or international career.

I'd welcome him at Juve though. The type of midfielder they need.

Not sure how it's bad advice. PSG have a logjam at midfield and he's not a full out an out starter. This way he can decide his own future.

Any team should go hard after Rabiot. WC midfielder this young? Lol crazy.

Problem is his character and his mom right now.

I wouldn't say either is a problem. Both are looking at doing what's best for the player. If it means controlling his own future good on them.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
He's a complete starter for PSG. Not sure why you think otherwise.

Guy is getting a lot of bad rep in football circles.
His act with the NT. His multiple acts with PSG. His contract disputes.

That's a lot of bagage.

Reactions: Luigi Habs

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
If Liverpool did get Rabiot on a free, that would be nice. While Milner is mega underrated, he can't continue to be that fit for very long.

Il Mediano

Feb 24, 2018
Damn, the rest of Europe just got thrown a bone , if Rabiot is truly available after the English window has closed.

I'd love Roma to get involved, but our midfield seems pretty set now.

It seems like an Inter Milan kind of move, unfortunately, but perhaps Napoli could get involved. I'm not sure if Rabiot had a good relationship with Ancelotti or not , but it could be a factor, I suppose.

Either way, some club on the continent has to take advantage of the Prem not being able to participate. Rabiot is the kind of player that doesn't become available very often.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Damn, the rest of Europe just got thrown a bone , if Rabiot is truly available after the English window has closed.

I'd love Roma to get involved, but our midfield seems pretty set now.

It seems like an Inter Milan kind of move, unfortunately, but perhaps Napoli could get involved. I'm not sure if Rabiot had a good relationship with Ancelotti or not , but it could be a factor, I suppose.

Either way, some club on the continent has to take advantage of the Prem not being able to participate. Rabiot is the kind of player that doesn't become available very often.
Well PSG might want to sell but maybe Rabiot does not want to sign.

Rabiot is in a rare situation next year where he could select which team he wants to play and/or for the best monetary offer. I still think he stays put unless he is sold to a team he is very fond on at a good salary. Maybe Barca, Real Madrid or Juventus?

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017

@Evilo What do you think of Cornet? And do you think the rumoured price (20m) is reasonable?

Cornet is now a backup at Lyon. It seems right for Lyon to sell him but if I was Roma I would look for a better player. €20M seems about right maybe even low considering the market.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France

@Evilo What do you think of Cornet? And do you think the rumoured price (20m) is reasonable?

Maxwell was a phenom in the youth game because he was tall VERY young. He was outmuscling everyone. Played a striker. Saw him live a few times it was freaky.
Then, he stopped growing and got played as a winger, relying on his speed.

He's just not very good now IMO. He lacks the brains. He's quite fast and can score some crazy goals, but most of the time he just misses. When he's on, he can dribble through anyone and score a screamer from just about anywhere.
That's way too rare though. 20M€ is a very good price... for Lyon.

Reactions: Il Mediano

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Well PSG might want to sell but maybe Rabiot does not want to sign.

Rabiot is in a rare situation next year where he could select which team he wants to play and/or for the best monetary offer. I still think he stays put unless he is sold to a team he is very fond on at a good salary. Maybe Barca, Real Madrid or Juventus?
NEK doesn't want to sell him.

Il Mediano

Feb 24, 2018

I'm not completely sold on this move , but adding a good player to the starting 11 is never a horrible idea.

Il Mediano

Feb 24, 2018
Adding a player like him is a no-brainer.

Lotta money for a 29 year old , my man.- Especially for Roma. That's a dangerous age to spend heavy.

I hope he immediately transforms the midfield , otherwise, it's hard to justify the move.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
He's a complete starter for PSG. Not sure why you think otherwise.

Guy is getting a lot of bad rep in football circles.
His act with the NT. His multiple acts with PSG. His contract disputes.

That's a lot of bagage.
I thought he was in rotation... Either way I don't think this is a bad move from him career wise. Depending on where he goes of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad