Transfer: Summer Transfers part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Il Mediano

Feb 24, 2018
Yeah, Bailey is a left-footed RW , which we only have one of (Under). Roma's manager is pretty particular about it- he definitely wants another.

As it stands, we'll probably rotate Kluivert with him , but I think Monchi wants to sell Perotti and have SES/Kluivert at LW.

Under needs someone to rotate with. I'd for sure take a stud like Bailey and flip him for an ungodly fee in a couple years.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Don't know much about him, tbh. @les Habs - you think this guy has something?

Sassuolo signed Mauricio Lemos last season , who seems to fit a similar profile.

I haven't seen a lot of him at all, but yes I do. A few things:
  • I think the club essentially took a punt on him initially for the B team but with the idea that if he does pan out he'll a bargain or they can sell without losing anything down the road. In the end they actually made a small profit.
  • From what I've seen he's good in the air, he can bring the ball out of the back and he can read the game pretty well. I thought he looked good in preseason this year. He's not an overly aggressive defender though.
  • He played for Nice last season and I'm not sure how he did with them, but I think he's good enough to play for a Sassuolo.

Reactions: Il Mediano

Juve

May 13, 2011
Somewhere around the world
I am currently at work right now......I receive a Juventus notification on my phone "Thanking Marchisio" for his time at the club. I click on the notification. Juventus and Marchisio have mutually terminated the contract.

I am really disappointed and sad to see him go. i understand he had a lot injuries last year, but healthy he's a really good player if back at form, certainly more useful than Khedira. I hope we bring another Midfielder in because it does not make sense to let him go on deadline day. Juventus are allergic to midfielders.

Reactions: Hot Dog Water Shaw

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Wendell to PSG is very close. Seems like the player is OK, teams are OK, but Leverkusen will let him go only when they get a new LB.
Still no word if that means Kurzawa leaves and Nsoki takes the backup position or if Tuchel wants both Wendell and Kurzawa and leave Nsoki as a loaning option or something. OM has proposed 5M for the youngster.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Ragnar Klavan is going to Cagliari for 2-2.5m

Young Nat Phillips has won the CB4 job from him.
Klavan wasn't great, but I thought he was solid enough as the 4th option. I'm really happy with the youth promotion in place right now though so hopefully Phillips can impress and continue to improve. Didn't really think he was that promising myself, as I always thought Masterson was the next defender out of the academy to step up but good on him.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
How do you figure?

VVD, Lovren, Matip, Gomez

More like 5th CB.
I mean that works too. I kind of think of it a Virgil and the other 4, so out of that group. Also Gomez is kind of a swing guy because he will get minutes as well - not to mention Matip hasnt proven he can stay healthy consistently.

Alas the point remains that the only reason Klavan left is because Klopp is comfortable with Phillips taking his place.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I do think it was more Gomez taking his place, and Matip falling down the order. Like I said last year I wouldn't be surprised if Gomez was the preferred starter beside van Dijk sooner than later though. He's awesome. Though he'll have to really step up to usurp Lovren with how Lovren has played since Virgil's introduction. For me it's van Dijk > Lovren/Gomez > Matip > Phillips. Would not be sad to see Matip sold either; he has never once looked the CB for Liverpool that he was touted to be from the BuLi.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Yes I am done with Matip as well

Next Season should be Virgil, Lovren, Gomez and Phillips; and I'd imagine they try to add a CB in the summer if they think they need it. Maybe they go back in for a guy like Akanji? Hard to say this regime is very picky with CBs.

I'm expecting Pulisic/Dembele or similar forward, CB and Fekir "replacement" next summer.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
I still think Liverpool could target another defenseman if Gomez is subpar. I would love Liverpool to go after De Ligt. But let's give a fair chance to Gomez before going after somebody else. He looked good versus West Ham.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
de Ligt is the dream but Obispo would be a good grab too; someone to understudy van Dijk and partner with Gomez in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad